Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What's For Dinner, Volume II (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116089)

Clover 21-08-2017 01:06 AM

Oh yeah, Linen, my dad's favorite past time since we were little kids was to cook at night. He makes big feasts while he drinks with his budwisers/budlight and listens to his favorite music. By the way, he sometimes pours beer for some base/marination on the ribs, haha It's all good!

Good luck, Silver!

Today I had day off from cooking. My made made rice ( arroz con pollo). I ate a big serving of it. :snorting: Some hot home made salsa on the side, peppers from the garden, now that really got my esophagus dancing. *blows steam* Fun times

linen53 21-08-2017 02:26 AM

Oh, so your dad is a night owl, Clover. I used to stay up late, inebriated after everyone else went to bed. Nights are quiet and stars are even bigger. And even though I had been drinking those were some of the most memorable nights I had. Though I crashed sometime between 2 and 4 am, lol.

Silver, I cover the pan in aluminum foil. I think parboiling might help get some of the grease good and gone. You can only experiment. Keep a journal so you remember what you did and what worked and didn't work.

Silver 21-08-2017 05:19 AM

Thanks for the tips, ladies!

Guess what...I fasted today! Water only - not hungry! OmG what is this world coming to! I'm hoping to fast one more day, if not two. (Been watching a lot of inspirational YouTube videos.)

jojobean 22-08-2017 04:19 PM

I have chicken and baby back pork ribs in the fridge, along with some fresh asparagus that I may grill, and some cauliflower rice. (If I'm feeling ambitious that is... depends on how aggravated I am by the time I get home from work)... if that fails tonight, I have a 1/2 day tomorrow, and I'm working from home, so it may be less stressful to do it tomorrow.

Nilesh44 22-08-2017 04:55 PM

Chilly Chicken with white cucumber salad. Very interesting. I love it so far.

linen53 22-08-2017 11:46 PM

How'd you do Silver?

Hate to talk about food now:confused:

Waffles, breakfast sausage and over easy duck eggs.

Silver 23-08-2017 12:50 AM

Oh, no, I love to talk about food! Always and forever! XD

I have been watching stuff on YT that I happened upon in the past week, like a British show called Supersize vs. Superskinny. Fascinating and inspirational show. Also, some shows about keto / intermittent fasting and nutritional vids.

It's like, I'm tired of doctors nagging me about the blood pressure, etc. With the help from the first show I mentioned, I'll be able to lose enough weight to improve my overall health. (And I did lose 5-6 lbs. when I went to the doctor a few days ago.)

I didn't eat anything all day the day before, then had a early dinner yesterday. The fasting I did was just a little experiment. I wasn't hungry then, and I'm not hungry now and haven't eaten anything yet today. I might have a little something, I bought minneolas yesterday and I'll probably have one of those, maybe some soup and crackers...just playing it by ear.

Clover 24-08-2017 02:04 AM

Home made Pork Tacos in a really delicious savory sauce (I didn't make them) Spanish rice and beans. My heart was so happy :icon_porc:
Very vey rare I eat pork so that was an interesting treat

Silver 24-08-2017 02:27 AM

Those tacos/rice/beans sound awesome.

I had rotisserie chicken (drumstick & thigh) plus some of the breast meat.
I had something else but maybe not - can't remember. :icon_scratch:

I decided to eat my main meal earlier in the day (about 3-3:30 pm) and then have a snack at about 4:30-5 pm). My snack was a Minneola and some grapes.

I had trouble sleeping night before last because I ate too late in the day.

linen53 24-08-2017 01:09 PM

We had stir fry last night with chicken, broccoli, mushrooms and some of the Asian Plum Sauce I made and canned last week. I tweaked the plum sauce with hoisin and soy sauces. Then added some water and arrowroot (like cornstarch but no corn) to give it a stir fry consistency.

Turned out very good!

Your tacos and rice sound delish Clover.

I like the dark meat (chicken) best too Silver.

I have a huge to-do list today so I think I'll pull out my crock pot and throw some chicken thighs in it. I think you've inspired me to go spicy Clover. And I boiled up a bunch of rice yesterday, so I will serve my spicy chicken over rice tonight. Hey, maybe throw some cheese over the top too. (I'm creating my recipe as I write this). Sounds good, can't wait.:biggrin: