Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Fight For Your World (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=126123)

Astro 04-11-2018 03:34 PM

Fight For Your World

I find it sad the The WWF youtube channel has only a small number of subscribers compared to a lot of the musicians & various other channels out there. If makes me feel like we are making little progress after a lifetime of being told that we have to repair the damage that we are doing to the Earth.

Fight For Your World

Altair 04-11-2018 05:41 PM

Thanks Astro.:smile:
Yes, the loss of nature is a major issue, sadly not big on the agenda of the world's politicians, and often just not on the agenda at all..!! Truth is, if we all lived more sustainably and ate more sensibly we wouldn't need to cut down any more forest or destroy any more large wildlife habitat. It's incredible how much food variety we can potentially produce yet also keep a lot of lush, protected areas as well. I've seen it in a number of countries. It is inefficient land use perpetuated by big agribusiness interests that is causing the issues.. and that also includes all of us buying products that are particularly harmful to the environment and a cause of deforestation. Scale economics taken to its extreme outcome where only monoculture remains..

The cause is just too far removed from most people's minds. Most people just live their lives without looking beyond their own immediate self interests. This is and will become an ever greater problem with the rising population and resource demands that we have collectively. We are sleepwalking towards global disaster..:icon_frown:

Astro 04-11-2018 11:33 PM

Information on what the politicians are doing about it is hard to come by. I think materialism & media still influence far too many people.

inavalan 05-11-2018 01:06 AM

You have to be careful with your emotions, as they shape your reality. No matter the cause you're fighting for, negative emotions will make your reality worse.

Altair 05-11-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro
Information on what the politicians are doing about it is hard to come by. I think materialism & media still influence far too many people.

It’s easy to come by. Read policy documents, and observe changes made to the environment in you area or any other. Get involved and observe.. you’ll know what they think and do or don’t do about these matters.

Astro 05-11-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altair
It’s easy to come by. Read policy documents, and observe changes made to the environment in you area or any other. Get involved and observe.. you’ll know what they think and do or don’t do about these matters.

Unfortunately I'm not able to be very proactive at the moment.

Astro 06-11-2018 03:08 PM

It can seem very difficult to make meaningful changes. Buying groceries for example: so much of what supermarkets sell is packaged in plastics that can’t be recycled. Tesco’s indicate which of their plastics can be recycled & which has to go into landfill. So often it seems that most of it has to go into landfill. I find a similar problem with foil.
All of the veg in my local supermarket is now wrapped in plastic, there is no loose veg anymore at all. And I saw a documentary recently showing a coconut that had been wrapped in plastic; there was absolutely no need for this, it's a waste of plastic.
I don't think the supermarkets do enough to reduce the impact of their business on the environment.

Landfill is a big problem because the items in it are not decomposing, so the authorities have to find another use for them. This is a new area of research.
In the UK there are 20,000 landfill sites, & the number is increasing. I find this to be quite alarming.

indefinable 07-01-2019 02:32 PM

hopeless place everyone eat the other and the real innocent is the first to die