Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Mysteries, Myths & Legends (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Do miracles happen? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=145104)

rijhumal 18-10-2022 03:29 AM

Do miracles happen?

We have been listening about miracles. Do they still happen in present time?

HITESH SHAH 29-10-2022 05:17 PM

Miracles

Quote:

Originally Posted by rijhumal
We have been listening about miracles.Do they still happen in present time?

For me , miracles is all that beautiful majestic things which I don't understand myself n can not do it myself alone. Science may probably describe it but can not do it.
E.g
1. Our tongue remaining wet.
2. Food figestion/excretion
3. Feeling of senses discriminating objects
4. Sleeping n awaking
5. Astronomical bodies not colliding
6.cloud formation,travel n dissolution.Low pressure creation resulting storm,typhoon etc

So in this sense entire life simply is miraculous for me.

Miss Hepburn 29-10-2022 05:32 PM

If I made a list of the miracles that happen in my life --you truly would not believe it...my friends hardly can...
and they see them happen!
Naturally, I take them in my stride because to me if they did not happen I would be surprised!
One day I think I actually will make a list...cuz when I think about them, I relive the feeling of grace.
I do keep memorabilia just to look at and smile at how amazing God is.
If a person has trouble with the word God...then how amazing Life is and our power to have things come into manifestation.

Busby 04-11-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Science may probably describe it but can not do it.
E.g
1. Our tongue remaining wet.
2. Food digestion/excretion
3. Feeling of senses discriminating objects
4. Sleeping n awaking
5. Astronomical bodies not colliding
6.cloud formation,travel n dissolution.Low pressure creation resulting storm,typhoon etc

Science can explain all of the above without any problem.
And - astronomical bodies collide all the time.

Miss Hepburn 04-11-2022 03:26 PM

I don't think anything is a miracle. Jesus knew the Nature of Reality...
he was able to manipulate atoms, so?

For us things are spiritual interventions, not miraculous.
But to people that don't understand what is happening they call it a miracle.
It can an angel or God or saint intervening here in the physical realm...again, so? What's new? :glasses9:
Maybe a grandma on the Other Side has learned how to manipulate things here and pushes you out of the way of a car?
Again, common place stuff.
My take.

AngelBlue 07-11-2022 02:42 PM

I know there is obviously a scientific explanation , and it would not be classed as a miracle that cannot be explained , but for me , the birth of a child that developed and grew from something smaller than a pin prick is a miraculous .

Miss Hepburn 07-11-2022 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBlue
I know there is obviously a scientific explanation , and it would not be classed as a miracle that cannot be explained ,
but for me , the birth of a child that developed and grew from something smaller than a pin prick is a miraculous .

Ha! You bet!

HITESH SHAH 10-11-2022 06:02 PM

miracles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busby
Science can explain all of the above without any problem.
And - astronomical bodies collide all the time.

Yes I Know Science can describe many a phenomena. I am not against science and I am in awe of science and great scientists . I actively use science in my day to day life. So there is absolutely no point ignoring greatness of science.

But what I say and science can not do all those things on its own (like having blood factory creating blood out of raw material, creating sentient being fully capable of emotion,moods , memory,subconscious , ego etc).

FallingLeaves 11-11-2022 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBlue
I know there is obviously a scientific explanation , and it would not be classed as a miracle that cannot be explained , but for me , the birth of a child that developed and grew from something smaller than a pin prick is a miraculous .

honestly the only reason it has a scientific explanation is, that someone sat down and made one up, then convinced everyone else to accept it.

But I'm cognizant that the explanation they made up MIGHT NOT BE CORRECT. Even though a lot of people who have come to agree with it will tell me how foolish it is to throw dissent into the ring.

So miracle sounds just as reasonable to me.

AngelBlue 11-11-2022 10:59 AM

Hi falling leaves ...
Yes it's a miracle !!

Sometimes sadly the little ones do not make it to full term.
But mostly it's a miracle that no matter how much we try to think of it , it is beyond comprehension . Such a perfect little beautiful being that in its earliest infancy can only be detected through a microscope .