Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   North American Indigenous Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   I have a question (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132489)

CcolTonS7 15-11-2019 12:21 AM

I have a question

It may be a silly one, but how did tribes surrounded by coyotes manage to keep coyotes away from the settlements?

Back in the day of course.

ImthatIm 15-11-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CcolTonS7
It may be a silly one, but how did tribes surrounded by coyotes manage to keep coyotes away from the settlements?

Are you having coyote problems?:icon_eek:

Little Creek77 16-11-2019 06:43 PM

I been having coyote problems too.

ImthatIm 16-11-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Creek77
I been having coyote problems too.

Hope you can aim then.

Or set a good trap.

CcolTonS7 18-11-2019 09:38 PM

I see, thank-you.

Blue Tiger 19-11-2019 01:55 AM

I imagine camp fires would keep coyotes at bay. Fire is commonly used to keep all wild animals away from camps.

BigJohn 19-11-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Coyotes are predators. They look for weaknesses.

I never had problems with coyotes but I do have problems with hawks killing pigeons on our property. I have a high wall around my property which keeps the coyotes out but not the hawks. But then, my neighbor across the street has a wall about 4 feet high. One day the coyotes jumped his gate which was the lowest part of the wall and grabbed 2 dogs. The owner ran out and 1 coyote dropped one dog and the other dog's faith was not so well blessed. The owner later found 1/2 of his body several blocks away. Sad.

ImthatIm 19-11-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

I see, thank-you.

I am not sure what you "see".:confused:

There are so many variables.:icon_eek:

You asked about back in the day.(My back in the day may be different then your back in the day.)

Fur,meat,bone,teeth,sinew,claws,organs (coyote included)was always a high valued commodity for both
physical and spiritual practices and uses.

So back in the day coyotes would have been welcomed so they could
be put to use in day to day survival, especially in cold weather climates
and or for trade and or spiritual items.
Coyotes would have been around camps seeking food. So coyotes would
have been in direct opposition to survival in relation to food.

Sure back in the day you could have fire to keep them away, but they will just come back
and you would be forced to gather more wood then practical.
Also why chase away a high valued resource.

Of course all this is going to depend on tribe location and beliefs and resources.

Now if your looking for some sort of spiritual solution then you should
keep in mind that coyote is a trickster to many tribes and there are ways of communing and or
communicating with animal nations. Of course many, many variables come into play.

This is why I asked a simple question. "Are you having a problem with coyotes?"
Because today there are many other variables and solutions that can be considered.
Like BigJohn has, a wall. A fence. Also hunting and or trapping for relocation, do to unbalances.
Of course all things should be done with respect and with as much care and thought and prayer as possible.

So I feel like I maybe wasting time answering what seems like endless variables
when you already "see", but what that is, that you see I do not know.
So I've took the time to help you "see" broader, and yet this is still very limited
since your question is vague.

Google might be a valuable resource.