Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Flooding in Baton Rouge (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=104435)

Mystic Mark 14-08-2016 01:58 AM

Flooding in Baton Rouge

Hi everybody. I'm posting this message in the crystal forum so that others will understand what happened to me in case I disappear for a while. I live in Baton Rouge, and our place got flooded bad. Me and my family lost all of our cars, and the water is Waist deep inside the house. Fortunately, we have an upstairs, so we're living there hoping that the water recedes. I lost my cell phone and computer too, and the one that I'm using has trouble charging. So If you typed a reply to me, and I don't reply back, it's because I'm trying to conserve battery power so that I can use the phone for emergencies.

But I'll be back in the future. Sorry about that. Just underestimated how fast the water would rise. It only took less than 2 days for all of this to happen, and it wasn't as much the rain. We have a Bayou right behind our house that runs into the Comite River, and I think that's where most of the water came from. Just bad luck, but I'm OK :)

Light lady 14-08-2016 07:56 AM

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I'll be thinking of you and hoping your situation improves very quickly. Xx

anthony c 14-08-2016 04:53 PM

Very sorry to hear, Glad your okay Mark!!!

Best wishes for you and your family.

Mystic Mark 15-08-2016 04:59 AM

Thanks Anthony and Light Lady. The waters starting to recede a lot faster than I thought. So it might actually be out of our house by sometime tomorrow. Thanks for the kind words :)

I just want to say to both of you and to others reading this message, if you ever find yourself in a similar situation where the water is about to go into your house, the first thing you need to do is cut all of your breakers off. Otherwise, if you touch an appliance that is plugged in, and your standing in water, you could get electrocuted.

taurmel 15-08-2016 05:15 AM

Oh wow, that sounds like an awful circumstance :( Hopefully you and your family can recover quickly. Sending you positive vibes and many good thoughts, so glad it's receding quickly.

Mystic Mark 16-08-2016 02:11 AM

Thank you so much. I woke up this morning and I was surprised to discover that the water had completely receded. I checked the time that you sent the message, so. It's official. Those positive vibes that you sent me certainly did the trick! :)

taurmel 16-08-2016 02:35 AM

Yay for all our good energy helping you out! :) Very good news to hear, hopefully clean up is a snap!

Mystic Mark 17-08-2016 04:42 AM

Clean up's been going great! Thanks again. :)

taurmel 17-08-2016 05:27 AM

Very good to hear for you and your family!

taurmel 30-08-2016 03:49 PM

Just wanted to check in, see how y'all are doing over there. Hope you and yours are safe, just thinking about you all!