Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Deep Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136764)

briam 20-08-2020 09:21 AM

Deep Meditation

Has anybody meditated so deep they have had to slowly bring there self into the now or end stumbling over from side to side i this this is what's called not been grounded i used to meditate with a Buddhist group it was ok you have a chatter or natter what ever you want to call it. but were i mainly learned how to meditate i prefer group meditations there's more power there as a group a lot of people don't take any notice i don't know what you guys experience when meditate in a new environment this is when i get the experiences practically when I've focused on some picture for some reason OM chanting is a good form what i have heard as the lazy mans meditation but its pretty good really most new people when asked how they found it or did anything happen stay silent i noticed if somebody speaks up first it encourages the others to speak up i suppose they don't want to feel foolish but the way i look at it, life's about experiences one should be not afraid to speak out because of what others think. i do be leave there are five levels of mediation or altered states level one is classed as a very light trance. level two is a medium trance dream like state bit like somebody getting absorbed in something level three medium trance this could be like in the zone I'm not sure if it applies to medium ship trance although i noticed the environmental surrounding and air seem heavy. level four deep trance which fall into a hypnagogic regular sleep state i wonder if this is what's termed as having a dream in a wake like state thankfully only happened a few times not while i was driving. level five very deep trance complete loss of consciousness a dreamless state.
the first two levels would be ideal for meditation

FairyCrystal 20-08-2020 10:12 AM

Difficult to read. Could you edit and use punctuation and start a new paragraph when needed maybe.

Miss Hepburn 21-08-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briam
Has anybody meditated so deep they have had to slowly bring there self
into the now or end stumbling over from side to side i this this is what's called not been grounded i used to
meditate with a Buddhist group it was ok you have a chatter or natter what ever you want to call it.

but where i mainly learned how to meditate i prefer group meditations there's more power there as a group
a lot of people don't take any notice i don't know what you guys experience
when meditate in a new environment
this is when i get the experiences practically when I've focused on some
picture for some reason
OM chanting is a good form what i have heard as the lazy mans meditation
but its pretty good really most new people when asked how they found it or did anything
happen stay silent i noticed if somebody speaks up first it encourages the others to speak up i suppose they
don't want to feel foolish but the way i look at it, life's about experiences
one should be not afraid to speak out because of what others think.

i do believe there are five levels of mediation or altered states level one is classed as a very light trance.
level two is a medium trance dream like state bit like somebody getting absorbed in something level three medium
trance this could be like in the zone

I'm not sure if it applies to medium ship trance although i noticed the environmental surrounding and air seem heavy.
level four deep trance which
fall into a hypnagogic regular sleep state i wonder if this is what's termed as having a dream in a
wake like state thankfully only happened a few times not while i was driving.
level five very deep trance complete loss of consciousness a dreamless state.
the first two levels would be ideal for meditation

Ha! Ah the good times ---bringing myself back from going off into galaxies and thinking - ''OH, I think I'm leaving my body and might not be BACK!'
Hahahahahaha -good times.:tongue:

Environment changes? Ah, oh my :icon_cool: ---barometric pressure changes, electric, tingling charge in the whole room, etc?
Again, good times!!!!

I adore group meditation. The SRF group here is mine.

Hope this helps, FairyCrystal.:wink: Did me!!!

BlueElephant 22-08-2020 10:58 PM

My experience that in a deep samadhi state that there is cystal clear awareness but no ability to respond outwardly.

As we get into deep meditation states - that many different things may arise, thoughts, emotions, experiences - this is the burning up of karmic content and best to acknowledge them and move on. As these burn up we eventuall can gain deeper insights, wisdom, unconditional love , etc. Keep going until one reaches Transcedent Knowledge / Divine Love Illumination.

Kindly respond.

FallingLeaves 22-08-2020 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueElephant
My experience that in a deep samadhi state that there is cystal clear awareness but no ability to respond outwardly.

yeah if you go down the known paths you get only what the known paths know to teach... which is perplexing because without the known paths you have to make a path of your own and people don't like that kind of unknown.

Someone just posted a quote from the gospel of thomas though which said among other things part of the task is to make the outer and inner alike, as opposed to concentrating on either at the expense of the other....

Xan 23-08-2020 02:02 AM

Quote:

In my experience, as we continue in pure formless awareness it gradually comes to integrate into the forms of our body-mind and its active expressions. Just keep going.

BlueElephant 23-08-2020 02:39 AM

Many Paths do as you say FLeaves, however some do not. There are Paths that seem that way, however after Inconceivable Realization - the kind that stabalizes - one is invited into unknown areas. Not all Traditional Paths are as they seem.

Xan - I understand and concur with you However there is so much more than Pure Formless Awareness: From where comes pure formless awareness?

FallingLeaves 23-08-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Many Paths do as you say FLeaves, however some do not. There are Paths that seem that way, however after Inconceivable Realization - the kind that stabalizes - one is invited into unknown areas. Not all Traditional Paths are as they seem.

Xan - I understand and concur with you However there is so much more than Pure Formless Awareness: From where comes pure formless awareness?

maybe you could go other places, that the vast of majority of people never heard of. But it really is human nature to take on the calamities of those who precede you; study with someone and you'll get both the good and the bad. You see the same in politics, where one gets 'groomed' for positions and so nothing ever really changes...

BlueElephant 23-08-2020 06:51 PM

Yes, I can see this... this is why it is very important who we discern to hang out with and create living relationships with, etc. Especially with Spiritual Teachers and such.

BlueElephant 23-08-2020 06:54 PM

and also the process of purifying ones lower nature and living in our true Identity which is inconceivable to the mind - mind or lower mind being the human nature. yes... ?