Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   One hand pointing upwards, the other downwards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132763)

BigJohn 02-12-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Early Christians definitely used icons, Luke the Evangelist is said to be the first Icon Painter.

Where in the Bible does it claim Luke was an icon painter?

He was a doctor.

sky 02-12-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
What I used to find funny was in the catechist there would be a picture of God depicted as an old man and on another page was a picture of Jesus. Oh I almost forgot, and a picture of baby Jesus.

But then when you look at Christianity today, for the most part, she appears to be a religion not just divorced from the Way but in many aspects is almost the opposite in belief and teachings.

' What I used to find funny was in the catechist etc: '

I definitely would find that funny.... :biggrin:

I presume you mean The Catechism.

sky 02-12-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatMan
I see what you mean but to me it's all about the spiritual, no need for "bridges" between material and spiritual.

There doesn't have to be a bridge but if it works for others that's good...

If we believe everything comes from our Divine Creator then so does the Material. It depends on how you perceive...

ThatMan 02-12-2019 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
What I used to find funny was in the catechist there would be a picture of God depicted as an old man and on another page was a picture of Jesus. Oh I almost forgot, and a picture of baby Jesus.

But then when you look at Christianity today, for the most part, she appears to be a religion not just divorced from the Way but in many aspects is almost the opposite in belief and teachings.

I agree that that it's everything else but not Christ and I predict that in the near future, and this is already happening and has been happening for decades, christianity is going to become a new religion.A new Christ has been promoted and it's promoted to the world, the Christ of the world, and everyone can have this Christ, the problem is that it's a fake Christ, a very gross manipulation of the real Christ.Take for example Kanye West and his Christ, this is really crazy :confused: and h has millions of followers :confused:

This is how I see things..

ThatMan 03-12-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
TM, where is the Satan and the children statue?

Somewhere in USA ( Arkansas ), I am not sure, that statue depicts Baphomet, but it's just another reference to Satan. They have these statues in many places all around the world from what I've read.

JosephineB 03-12-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatMan
Somewhere in USA ( Arkansas ), I am not sure, that statue depicts Baphomet, but it's just another reference to Satan. They have these statues in many places all around the world from what I've read.

I've looked at Arkansas capitol building photos on TripAdvisor and there's none of that statue. Black metal or stone statues but not that one. I'm not saying they don't exist TM, but it's possible that photo is photoshopped. I've not been there in person.

sky 03-12-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

I've looked at Arkansas capitol building photos on TripAdvisor and there's none of that statue. Black metal or stone statues but not that one. I'm not saying they don't exist TM, but it's possible that photo is photoshopped. I've not been there in person.

There you are JB

https://time.com/3972713/detroit-sat...atue-baphomet/

JosephineB 03-12-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123

Thanks Sky. I've scanned through it. Seems there's a satanic temple in Detroit with that statue. Not sitting outside the Arkansas capitol building though, that I could see anyway. A strange statue all the same.

sky 04-12-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Thanks Sky. I've scanned through it. Seems there's a satanic temple in Detroit with that statue. Not sitting outside the Arkansas capitol building though, that I could see anyway. A strange statue all the same.

It's very strange, I wouldn't like to bump into it on a dark misty night.

As a piece of Sculpture it's beautiful but the subject isn't, well not to me anyway... I wonder what's the story behind it, why use Children?

Can you imagine driving over the Yorkshire Moors at Midnight and it suddenly appears in your headlights... :biggrin:

Aknaton 13-12-2019 06:31 PM

The meaning of the hand up and down is this;
"Thou will be done on earth as it is in heaven."