Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   which is your favourite animal? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14783)

Unseelie Queen 11-06-2016 01:43 PM

Seahorses, unfortunately (so I hear) are quite an expensive nuisance to obtain as pets, though! (But they belong in the sea I suppose, being teeny tiny water-dragons, after all)

Naga Saturn 11-06-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unseelie Queen
Seahorses, unfortunately (so I hear) are quite an expensive nuisance to obtain as pets, though!

Just like me :tongue:

Yeah animals like that belong in the wild. Where they can swim freely with a mermaid on their backs.

Somnia 11-06-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naga Saturn
@Somnia
It was more of a fun riddle I impulsively concocted. We have all strayed far from home, in this time I feel every wrong direction has been taken so all that's left is the road home (the right road).

There is a lot of truth to your riddle though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naga Saturn
(Great(!) band by the way, i've listened to them a lot!)

Nice! :D

I really enjoy a lot of European power metal bands...Avantasia, Edguy, Helloween, Sonata Arctica (their older stuff)...

What kind of music do you like?

Naga Saturn 11-06-2016 04:15 PM

@Somnia

Hey I like a lot! But in that genre also sonata arctica for sure, that band has mastered their genre. Melodic drama metal or something like that, awesome music and great lyrics.
I listen a lot to black metal (emperor, nokturnal mortum, windir, darkthrone etc.).
Electronic music, new wave and horrorsynth which has gotten quite popular on youtube lately (thank god!)
Dark wave has always captured my heart as well, bands like Inkubus Sukkubus, Clan of Xymox etc.

I also like pop music that uses spiritual or mythological allegory like Kate Perry - dark horse / ET. Or Kanye West - No Church In The Wild. But only the songs which mean something.

Grimes is also a real good musician, especially everything she made before 2015.

Furthermore a lot of dark and drone ambient like Sephiroth and Zoät-Aon.

Somnia 11-06-2016 04:47 PM

I don't listen to Death metal like I use to but I remember listening to some Emperor, also Immortal, Death, Mors Principium Est, and Children of Bodom...

Ugh, we're going off topic here, Haha! I have thread in the music section on your favorite genres of music (Here!)....Also heaps of other threads on what your favorite bands are, and I think Unseelie has a thread going on for metal/goth angst-y appreciation...Hehe...

Unseelie Queen 11-06-2016 11:57 PM

(Sorry, butting in one more time) I am so immensely pleased to find that there are so many metal folks here.

And yep, Somnia, indeed, thank you for mentioning, haha! Yes, I myself am fond of melodramatic-wailing metal, and melodic doom, and folk metal. The music forum could certainly use some music from the two of you!

Serenity69 13-06-2016 09:26 AM

Dolphins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFg6Y7zbRg4

Deep_Dreams 14-06-2016 06:40 PM

Black bears, wolves.

Cats (black cats are my fav), Dogs. Too bad I'm allergic to them :O

GlowWorm 16-06-2016 02:30 PM

Northern goshawk. An often overlooked but rather fearsome raptor. They'll track their prey for miles and many say they are unstoppable seeing as they have no fear of driving through overlapping tree branches / forest overgrowth or through what seems tiny spaces in pursuit of that prey animal.

Puma / mountain lion / cougar. I've had my fair share of run ins with these big cats or their tracks in the backwoods, Montana came within 25 feet of a nearly mature male that was more curious as to the odd thing in his turf than actually frightened. It was quite comical as it took about half an hour for us to manoeuver around one another along the path [well deer trail really] he in the grass / among the trees & me on the trail but kept stopping and to get a better "looky".

Those two rank top.

Third would be cats. All sorts. Never been a dog person. In fact all the dogs the family have had been more "feline" in their behavior - very independent, definitely not human dependent - than the more favoured GSDs, Labs, BCs almost everyone buys.

fayette 02-07-2016 08:04 AM

Well I love most animals, but I think I would place cats at the top of my list
but I also like horses and are fond of chickens