Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why does it take so long to die? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=144638)

lostsoul13 17-08-2022 03:34 PM

Why does it take so long to die?

If you live you more certainly will die!!!

Why does it take so long for us to die? On average circumstances?

Native spirit 17-08-2022 08:31 PM

Are you asking how long it will take so long to die, because of what
Age, illness or just living?

Namaste

lostsoul13 18-08-2022 02:48 PM

In general it takes couple hours to day or days amounting up to the death.. even a heart attack has a onset which is coupled up with the process of dying when relating to onset, illness, apnea, or extreme death by fire or cold

kris 18-08-2022 03:24 PM

Biology will explain why it takes time for an organism to die.

Starman 19-08-2022 01:01 AM

There is a survival instinct in our mind, and also in our physical body. The human body is homeostatic and it is always seeking balance. The body is self healing and when injured or ill it will endeavor to heal itself, even if it is a losing battle, the body will attempt to sustain life as long as possible. All of the mechanisms to sustain life must shut down before death occurs.

Our body has a life of its own, it houses us in this world. Our body carries us, but we also carry our body. It is a symbiotic relationship. When our body says its time to go to the bathroom we have got to go to the bathroom. Our body is also home to millions of microscopic creatures, bacteria, etc., that live off of us. When our body dies most of those microscopic organisms also die.

Miss Hepburn 19-08-2022 01:41 AM

Every woman in my family has passed in her sleep...so I dunno about this concept that it takes so long.
It does sometimes, often not.

Ian Haines 19-08-2022 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostsoul13
If you live you more certainly will die!!!

Why does it take so long for us to die? On average circumstances?

This annoying life keeps getting in the way! :mad:

Bambo 19-08-2022 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Every woman in my family has passed in her sleep.

God bless them all, im glad they went peacefully...
My mum was awake I believe when she passed.,,,,, My poor mum

Starman 19-08-2022 09:54 AM

Death comes in all sorts of ways but no-body gets out of this life alive. Lots of people are terminally ill, they have cancer, or some other terminal illness or injury. They may slip into a coma, or linger for a while before dying.

But there is also sudden death, a fatal car crash, deadly fall, suicide or homicide, may take a persons’ life very quickly. A person may also have an undetected underlying condition that may cause a heart attack, or sleep apnea may also suddenly take a persons’ earthly life.

Time is only relevant to the body; it is not relevant to our deeper spiritual self. Death happens in the eternal moment regardless how a person dies or how long it takes their body to die. The only thing we have to do with death is learning how to let go.

iamthat 19-08-2022 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Every woman in my family has passed in her sleep...

In which case, if I were a woman in your family I would try to avoid falling asleep!! :biggrin:

Peace