Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritualism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   any spiritualists here?? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=989)

Emmalevine 15-04-2007 01:01 PM

I'm also a spiritualist, but was raised Christian (C of E). I was a Christian right until a few years ago, but then I started to struggle with some aspects of it and felt that Christianity no longer worked for me. I still believe in Jesus, that he was a wonderful and very spiritually evolved man, but I can't accept what organised Christianity is preaching. I made the decision to go my own way and I now follow a spiritual path by meditating, practising yoga and reiki healing, and I feel much more at home, so to speak. I don't go to spiritualist church at the moment but I want to start sitting in on a few sessions!

Nice to meet other spiritualists!

SpiritandStone 21-04-2007 04:24 AM

My Spiritual Journey

I traveled through Dance, Buddhism, Photography, and Jungian psychology, only to find myself in the most unexpected of places.

The Gospels of Jesus Christ.

I believe Jesus Christ was a Human Being. Imperfect, but enlightened.
I believe his message was simply The Power of Love.
Believing him to be a Human Being has freed me to hear his words.
I take those that speak to me, and leave the rest.

I don't believe Everything about Anything.

True Beliefs can come only from the Believer's own Heart.

Love,
Bob
The Spirit and the Stone

m.namasivayam 12-05-2007 09:20 AM

I dont know whether iam a spiritualist or not. But iam doing spiritual reserach. Iam doing meditation for the past 8 years. Meditation brought back my health and giving more strength.I have my own website and share my spiritual experiences. Though i am not an artist i draw my visualisation. I have deciphered certain symbols and received cosmic communication from akashic records.

mac 01-10-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovin Syrnrgy
I am very much into my spirituality, and it happen over a long four hour talk at the beach with a close friend. I was rasied Catholic but we didn't go by the book we just believe in god and went to church. I didn't understand the religion so I just said I believe in god. Until four years ago when the talk happen my mind was opened and I was able to understand the the connection with everything. Ever since I have pages and drawings of my new understanding...it was wonderful how spiritual information just flowed through me. It seem like ever day I was learning more about people's and nature's inner soul and the energy that lies within everything. I started to get in tuned with stones and the magical healing powers, the power of air and water that keeps us alive. I even had a tree expericence where I was in the worst stated of mind and as I layed on the grass outside of a friends house I looked up at a tree and as the wind blew its branches and leaves seem to release this funny nrg and which it made my tears into giggles and gave me a sense of peace. I was fine after that, now I can feel nature's nrg. I can go on and on and tuss me I will..

Any chance that I get to talk about spiritulity and our connections I take that time to help people remember what they forgot..

I'm banging the same drum I always bang - this forum is for discussions about 'Spiritualism' - I have a sticky posting explaining this philosophy and religion at the beginning of the forum. Please take a look. Discussions on general spirituality do not really belong in the 'Spiritualism' forum - suitable forums are available and appropriate.

Tricia 01-10-2010 08:48 PM

Hey Mac, nice to see you again, as I'm sure you are aware SF has been down for quite a few days. Hope you are keeping well:hug3:

mac 01-10-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.namasivayam
I dont know whether iam a spiritualist or not. But iam doing spiritual reserach. Iam doing meditation for the past 8 years. Meditation brought back my health and giving more strength.I have my own website and share my spiritual experiences. Though i am not an artist i draw my visualisation. I have deciphered certain symbols and received cosmic communication from akashic records.

Please see my posting above for help in distinguishing what a 'Spiritualist' is in connection with the 'Spiritualism' forum and what Modern Spiritualism is about (see 'Religions and Faiths - Spiritualism')

mac 01-10-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricia
Hey Mac, nice to see you again, as I'm sure you are aware SF has been down for quite a few days. Hope you are keeping well:hug3:

Hello Tricia - yes there have been problems while I've been away and travelling - had to re-register - oh the indignity!! :D

Wonder if anything has been lost from archives? It's a bad business when stuff gets lost - shows how flimsy cyber space is compared to hard copy....:wink:

Kaere 01-10-2010 09:01 PM

Hi mac, if you'll notice... all the threads on the forum are from May 2007.

mac 04-10-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaere
Hi mac, if you'll notice... all the threads on the forum are from May 2007.

Hi Kaere

I've just seen your response after I signed in. The penny had dropped just before I read your comment. It had hit me that the postings I made the other day will be meaningless because the reference I made to my 'sticky' explanation is no longer relevant - it's gone...:icon_frown:

Wow it just shows how flaky cyber space records are. If a server goes down without an up to date back up, then everything recent has gone... What a lesson to anyone storing photos and other valuable files that they should have various copies - hard ones included - for the inevitable time when a system crashes, be it an online server or their own computer at home.

All the rubbish has gone but also the important stuff too. Shame....:icon_frown:

mac 04-10-2010 12:50 AM

I don't know if I can muster enough enthusiasm to keep banging on again that Modern Spiritualism - to give the religion and philosophy its proper title - is not the same as 'spirituality'....

Ah, well, that's a start and maybe I will find the enthusiasm in time.