Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The "recommend something spiritual" thread (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=65778)

Honza 26-03-2014 11:26 AM

The "recommend something spiritual" thread

To all you spiritual people I can recommend a few things that you *may* like. These things have inspired me and helped me on my way.

In music I can recommend the Pagan band Omnia. They play wild, beautiful acoustic music.

In games I can recommend the traditional WWII board game called Advanced Squad Leader. It is cerebral, it is aesthetic, it is exciting.

Do you have any recommendations? It could be anything at all, as long as it has helped you spiritually.

Smilealittlebrighter 26-03-2014 11:56 PM

My recommendations would be

Novels:

De Profundis by Oscar Wilde

Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh

Deep Love: The Story of Ayu

To Thy Own Self Be True

Movies and shows:

Up - it's a documentary about a filmmaker and his childhood best friend who is Autistic

Castle in the Sky - Hayao Miyazaki

Paranormal State

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Games:

Fragile Dreams

These all helped me to ponder and grow spiritually. I hope that maybe they will help somebody too, even in a small way! Wonderful idea for a thread, OP.

Honza 27-03-2014 01:24 AM

I looked up the Fragile Dreams game. Interesting!

Honza 27-03-2014 01:49 AM

If you like Art then I can recommend Therese Oulton. She is a contemporary semi abstract artist who is excellent with colour and texture. She almost weaves her paintings into forms and landscapes.

Smilealittlebrighter 27-03-2014 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
I looked up the Fragile Dreams game. Interesting!

It's such a beautiful game, gosh.

I debated for the longest time about whether to get it or not. I'm so happy that I decided to get it, in the end.

Every cut scene made me cry.

There is no game that is more touching than Fragile Dreams! I'm simply astonished that more people haven't played it. :crybaby2:

Honza 27-03-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smilealittlebrighter
There is no game that is more touching than Fragile Dreams! I'm simply astonished that more people haven't played it. :crybaby2:

Because its too "spiritual"?

Nameless 27-03-2014 12:05 PM

I love looking at fractal art - there is something soothing about the endlessness of it...there is a documentary on you tube about it, The Colors of Infinity.

Honza 10-05-2014 09:50 AM

I recommend sitting in a café in the corner with a hot coffee and watching the people and the world go by.

sarek 10-05-2014 10:27 AM

Listening to music that talks to your heart. Right now, for me that is songs by the Imagine Dragons like

- Demons
- Monster
- Lost Cause
- Radioactive
- Nothing left to say
- Bleeding out

Visitor 12-05-2014 11:35 AM

Be a real hermit for at least a year.