Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New to healing crystals (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=139481)

Bill1673 12-03-2021 01:40 PM

New to healing crystals

I'm new to Healing Crystal's. Are there any thoughts on a good starter kit? Any Crystals you shouldn't pair with another? The only connection Ive gad with them came from my great Aunt.

I'd like something for Intuition, increased vibration, grounding and what your other suggestions might be.
Thank you so much. I've really enjoyed my time on the board so far. You all are amazing.

FairyCrystal 12-03-2021 01:56 PM

The best thing is always to go to a shop -albeit in real life or online- and nose around until you see something that seems to call you.
You can buy what we tell you or a book, but in my experience you then end up with crystals you never resonate with and thus never use.
Most say clear crystal, amethyst, and rose quartz are great (beginner) stones. But I never resonated with those at all.
Red jasper is often advised for grounding, yet even now I don't like it.

So my advise is to just find a shop, look around until you see something you really like. Then read what it does, not the other way round.
That offers the highest chance of buying a crystal that you now resonate with.

crystaladdict99 27-03-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
The best thing is always to go to a shop -albeit in real life or online- and nose around until you see something that seems to call you.
You can buy what we tell you or a book, but in my experience you then end up with crystals you never resonate with and thus never use.
Most say clear crystal, amethyst, and rose quartz are great (beginner) stones. But I never resonated with those at all.
Red jasper is often advised for grounding, yet even now I don't like it.

So my advise is to just find a shop, look around until you see something you really like. Then read what it does, not the other way round.
That offers the highest chance of buying a crystal that you now resonate with.

Like this poster said, it's better to go to a crystal shop & see what calls you.
However, I believe quartz and mookite are great starter crystals.

Native spirit 27-03-2021 11:14 AM

My advice would be to look around and if you can pick a crystal that resonates with you hold it in the palm of your hand, you will feel the energy from it.
there is no right or wrong way to do it just follow your instincts.

Namaste

Anala 27-03-2021 12:52 PM

I agree what the others have said.

I am new to crystals and would add, sometimes you find crystals in the most unexpected places: craft stores, craft sales/shows and in nature. My favorite is to find them in nature. :smile:

I did buy a book. It was a big box store book for $5 and it was almost worth the $5... There are wonderful on-line resources.

Most of the time I let my intuition guide me. However, on rare occasion when I am looking for a specific purpose, I will go to a shop. Sometimes a fancy shop to look around or other times a “rock shop” which is more common where I am from.

BigJohn 27-03-2021 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
My advice would be to look around and if you can pick a crystal that resonates with you hold it in the palm of your hand, you will feel the energy from it.
there is no right or wrong way to do it just follow your instincts.

Namaste

VERY NICE ADVICE

One person recently showed me a small, crystal quartz cluster and told me "It looks dead." When I saw it, I knew it was very much 'alive'. I told her to hold her hand above the crystal and told her to move it up a 'little bit more' and then told her to stop. I asked her what she felt. She felt the crystal's first auric body. I explained to her the crystal was very powerful and that its aura extended out very much outwards and that is why she could not 'feel' the crystal. She was delighted.

Bill1673 03-04-2021 12:38 AM

Well, I did it. I ended up with 11 total. Kinda funny as 11 has been a focal point with my numbers. I went in with a list and as it happens I didn't have time to use it. The store was closing soon. I looked around and used the wise advise of all of you. Seems like most of what I was drawn to were root chakra and 3rd eye. I've been meditating with my clear quartz (holding it in the palm of my hand without my fingers wrapped around it). It's kinda cool the crystal just warms up and makes my fingers tingle like they fell asleep.

One other odd thing happened as I was headed to the crystal shop. I stopped for gas.. then went in for water as I was coming out a car almost hit me. Would have gotten smacked around her front headlight.. but I pulled a matrix move and spun out of the way. I spun just enough that her side mirror just brushed my chest. I guess my crystals really wanted me to buy them.

BigJohn 03-04-2021 02:34 AM

Lucky chap.

Besides the Clear Quartz, what else did you get?

Bill1673 03-04-2021 02:57 AM

Lets see red tiger eye, shungite, lapis lazul, amethyst, rainbow moonstone blue, larvikite, onyx and rose quartz

BigJohn 03-04-2021 04:53 AM

You picked up some really nice items.

If they had Blue Tiger Eye (Hawks Eye), I would have gotten that one. I just have an affinity with Hawks Eye. I saw one recently in which it looked like it had a carved eye at one end of the tumbled piece.