Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

naturesflow 21-02-2016 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I am surprised he said that, because it is not true, we here, all know this. :wink: But, he was
an intellectual and an author, not really what I would
call a teacher or master.

If you feel good you are doing the right thing; feeling ego
satisfaction is not the same thing.
-Bentinio Massaro

Like all masters and teachers if you want to name them that, people basically relate to where they reside within whoever they are and where their focus lays at any given moment of their world and life. So I guess Leo felt this way in himself where he was looking, viewing at the time.

I guess in his view he was looking outward and placing his focus in that quote in the view of others around him, in his space. Most inward reflecting people tend to do the opposite anyway.

All the same he is onto something in part of the whole nature of truth. But then I see truth in everything but that is just me of course.

naturesflow 22-02-2016 03:48 AM

Observe and in that observation their is neither the observer nor the observed there is only the observation taking place.-Krishnamurti

naturesflow 22-02-2016 05:29 AM

God is the experience of looking at a tree and saying, "Ah!"

~ Joseph Campbell

naturesflow 25-02-2016 11:19 AM

“If most human beings truly realized the impact that they have on the whole, they’d be crushed by the realization of it. But what I’m talking about is being thrilled by it. All you have to do is say yes. Don’t make some big project out of it. Don’t make some big deal out of it. Just say yes. You don’t even know what it means to say yes, but you say it anyway. You’ll never know what it means to say yes, but you do it anyway. Freedom and love arise when you die into the unknown mystery of being.”

~ Adyashanti

naturesflow 28-02-2016 11:19 AM

"'Saving all beings' is not something that you do. Saving all beings is a verb that you become. You become the saving of all beings. That is what you are. In that there is, quite naturally, the very spontaneous and effortless manifestation of love, compassion, wisdom, and a dedication to the Truth above all else. Saving all beings is not what you do; it is the definition of what you are."

~ Adyashanti

O 28-02-2016 12:36 PM

"The Ego is an exquisite instrument. Enjoy it, use it - just don't get lost in it."

~ Ram Dass

Miss Hepburn 28-02-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olivia13
"The Ego is an exquisite instrument.
Enjoy it, use it - just don't get lost in it."

~ Ram Dass

Exactly!! So many do not understand the ego..it is not all bad!
Good one, Olivia.

O 28-02-2016 03:54 PM

Thanks, Miss Hep! :wink:

naturesflow 01-03-2016 05:40 AM

“The falling away of self means both the falling away of self and Self, as in True Self. It is beyond both individual self and universal self. And yes, it is beyond all distinctions, categorizations, and descriptions. One cannot open the door to no-self by any means, but one can stop holding the door closed.

That is all that is required.”

~ Adyashanti

naturesflow 01-03-2016 10:47 AM

"I came into the unknown and stayed there unknowing ..."

~ John of the Cross

In deepest solitude I found the narrow way: a secret giving such release…

~John of the Cross