Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

Miss Hepburn 22-04-2013 03:22 PM

Well, see if you like this also, running...:smile:

The art of life is to live in the present moment and to make
that moment as perfect as we can by the realization that
we are the instruments and expressions of God Himself.

~Emmet Fox

running 22-04-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, see if you like this also, running...:smile:

The art of life is to live in the present moment and to make
that moment as perfect as we can by the realization that
we are the instruments and expressions of God Himself.

~Emmet Fox

That's great! I believe this goes along with your quote. In my experience life has become about becoming more content with what is. Today I could be mad cause my truck is broken down. But instead I will be content and enjoy the day anyways. I'm not suggesting I'm a walking zombie but in my experience it seems life happens and I have one main decision. To fight it or to go with it. I used to fight it. Now I don't as much. It seems this puts me more in the moment. When I am so I'm more of an instrument to the energy I suppose. One thing I feel certain about is then there will be greater energy flow making me feel good. So I chose to let it flow making me happy because it feels good. And I like feeling good. I'm in no way an expert at it. But I feel as though im getting better as time goes on. The process of it all has been very interesting and fun.

Miss Hepburn 23-04-2013 02:19 AM

Yes, choosing the better feeling feeling is the thing! :smile:
Another quote...

"If you want to go east, don't go west."

~Ramakrishna

Khaldun 23-04-2013 09:24 PM

"Learn from me."

-Personal Experience

Miss Hepburn 23-04-2013 11:33 PM

We discover that as we align with the Source, we access infinite power.

-teacher of Unity

Animus27 23-04-2013 11:47 PM

"He who has conquered passions has also defeated sorrow. But one overcome by passions will not avoid the shackles of sorrow. As an ill person can be identified by the color of his face, so is one overcome by passions distinguished by sorrow."

"One should condescend to one’s soul in its infirmities and imperfections, endure one’s deficiencies as we bear the failings of others, not become lazy, and continually urge oneself to be better."

- St. Seraphim of Sarov

Absonite 24-04-2013 12:37 AM

"Remember that you are commissioned to preach this gospel of the kingdom — the supreme desire to do the Father’s will coupled with the supreme joy of the faith realization of sonship with God — and you must not allow anything to divert your devotion to this one duty. Let all mankind benefit from the overflow of your loving spiritual ministry, enlightening intellectual communion, and uplifting social service; but none of these humanitarian labors, nor all of them, should be permitted to take the place of proclaiming the gospel. These mighty ministrations are the social by-products of the still more mighty and sublime ministrations and transformations wrought in the heart of the kingdom believer by the living Spirit of Truth and by the personal realization that the faith of a spirit-born man confers the assurance of living fellowship with the eternal God."

-Jesus, according to the Urantia Book

Miss Hepburn 25-04-2013 03:39 PM

Ah, and almost in the same vein...

You, dear friend, are God's beloved daughter or son-- special,
unique and important.
You have every reason to walk 100% with an attitude of delight!

-Sandra Hymel, Unity minister

(More Urantia quotes?)

Absonite 25-04-2013 10:20 PM

(101:1.4) Religion lives and prospers ... not by sight and feeling, but rather by faith and insight. It consists not in the discovery of new facts or in the finding of a unique experience, but rather in the discovery of new and spiritual meanings in facts already well known to mankind. The highest religious experience is not dependent on prior acts of belief, tradition, and authority; neither is religion the offspring of sublime feelings and purely mystical emotions. It is, rather, a profoundly deep and actual experience of spiritual communion with the spirit influences resident within the human mind, and as far as such an experience is definable in terms of psychology, it is simply the experience of experiencing the reality of believing in God as the reality of such a purely personal experience.

-a brief explanation about true religion (not referencing institutions) according to the Urantia Book.

Sourcerer 13-05-2013 02:16 AM

A wise quote from Master Robert:

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
Jesus backwards is sausage lol.:D