Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Ask me anything (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140522)

hallow 22-06-2021 10:17 AM

Ask me anything

Serious or silly ask me anything for a simple unfiltered answer.

Miss Hepburn 22-06-2021 10:59 AM

Are you an expert in anything?

hallow 22-06-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Are you an expert in anything?

nothing on paper, but worked with disabled people of all types for over 28 years. Also I am been passionate about plants my whole life. But not an expert, an expert knows everything about a subject. I believe there's always something to lean.

dream jo 23-06-2021 08:36 PM

Would you ever look common sense into your younger self if you have a sore younger self in a time machine

hallow 24-06-2021 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream jo
Would you ever look common sense into your younger self if you have a sore younger self in a time machine

I often look back at my younger self.
I made a lot of mistakes, and had a lot of bad teachers. I do my best to see those mistakes as lessons and do my best not to make the same mistake twice. Every day, every mistake I made makes me wiser.

PMPM71 24-06-2021 08:34 AM

How would you define evil?
Is it a lack of something, a disease, a part of good, a wrong choice or what?

hallow 24-06-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMPM71
How would you define evil?
Is it a lack of something, a disease, a part of good, a wrong choice or what?

for me, evil is intent. For example if you kill an animal out of cold blood, that's evil. But if you kill an animal in intent to give life, for food and so on that's not evil.
What makes evil is all you mentioned along with greed. Good and evil are often taught and the evil doer may simply not know any better that would be lacking knowledge. In cases it's not taught it's a disease. When evil get distorted into good intent it becomes a very infectious disease. At times it can be a part of good. If someone does something evil in your life you can make a vow never to do it, or to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else in turn making something bad into good.

hallow 28-07-2021 05:10 PM

It's been awhile since anyone asked me anything. My brain neeeedddddsssssss something to think about.

Traveler 01-08-2021 10:48 PM

Ok, I have one for you: What is your thought about Aspergers and the fact that it seems more people are becoming aware as adults that they are 'different' and end up getting tested and actually have high functioning autism? Do you think that there are more people who are autistic, yet high functioning, than we actually are aware of and that it is actually quite common? My 23-year-old daughter is going to be evaluated for autism in a few weeks (it's tough getting it scheduled). And this is completely new territory for me. And I've been watching youtube videos of people who have been diagnosed as adults and what their experience has been. It seems to me that it's not as rare as we think it is.

hallow 02-08-2021 06:07 PM

I don't think it is as rare as people think it is.
If you want my opinion on being "different" All I can say is congratulations! Hahaha. I am glad we're all not the same.
What your mentioning will have challenges. I have problems with groups of people and communication quite often. When I write on here I often go back and edit because all my thoughts on a topic don't come all at once or I really don't know how to put things until I think about it for a while. That really does put a damper on social skills. So yes I have my problem and it creates challenges.
But like everything, weakness in one area will create strengths in "different" area's. That's why I hate labels, especially the "different" label. Being different is a great gift if you don't focus on what's wrong it's a challenge that can be beaten. Focus on what's right and build on those strengths. From my wrongs, I developed a "different" set of strong skills very few others have and that's something special.
Attitude is everything! Accept who you are. I am a horrible machanic I accepted that a long time ago. But damn it I can grow the most beautiful flower garden anyone has seen. If you know what I mean. As for being someone dealing with someone else who is different. Be patient, let mistake be made but don't dwell on the mistakes.

Traveler 02-08-2021 09:46 PM

I hear you about labels but sometimes when you're struggling to figure out what's wrong/going on and then finally figuring it out can open the door to getting the help you need.

RedEmbers 02-08-2021 11:27 PM

I did not realise that you were ASD. I am on something of a spectrum too.
How do you manage being on these forums with all the interaction?

I find it difficult to communicate on these forums, confusing, perplexing and often overwhelming, mainly because it all seems so abstract to me at times! I always have since I got here many years ago but I did not realise that I was struggling. I try not to think about it too much because it makes me overanalyze things and then I feel even more confused to the point where I feel like I am making it all up haha.

My second question is about your avatar, why did you choose a tomato?

I noticed that it looks like a peace sign :D

hallow 03-08-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler
I hear you about labels but sometimes when you're struggling to figure out what's wrong/going on and then finally figuring it out can open the door to getting the help you need.

your absolutely correct. Disorders like you mentioned are very individualized and it can be a challenge to find the best person to help because of how personal to the person the disorder is. Best wishes!

hallow 03-08-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEmbers
I did not realise that you were ASD. I am on something of a spectrum too.

I've never been officially diagnosed with it or really thought much about it until now. But I do have my struggles with communicating in very similar ways mentioned.
How do I manage the forums? I am very much a keep it simple, black and white type of person. As you may know that's a challenge here.
I am sure there's people here who think I am dumb, undereducated, and a simple minded fool, and that's ok. If given the chance, I can prove people wrong. One thing I need to learn is to take my time while reading things.
As for the tomato avatar, yes it's a peace sign. You can find peace in anything if you look for it. One day I was cutting a tomato and noticed the peace sign. I found peace at that moment. It just happened to be in a tomato. :tongue:

Busby 03-08-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallow
Serious or silly ask me anything for a simple unfiltered answer.

There are those people in history who, after experiencing a mystical moment will tell you that each of us, in essence, has, in his or her mind, the whole collected knowledge of the immediate universe. We all partake of the continuing feedback into the collective mind through the sense we call awareness. We are in fact each other. Difficult to believe I know, but the development of life through evolution has a purpose and the carrier of this purpose is the mind and this mind is shared not only with your neighbour but also with all other life forms.
So, and with respect, unless you have had such an experience I cannot see you giving us a simple and unfiltered answer to any meaningful question.

RedEmbers 03-08-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

I've never been officially diagnosed with it or really thought much about it until now. But I do have my struggles with communicating in very similar ways mentioned.
How do I manage the forums? I am very much a keep it simple, black and white type of person. As you may know that's a challenge here. ...:tongue:

I find this encouraging. I can relate to a lot of what you have mentioned.
I am still finding my way on these forums :smile:
I like that, what you said about the tomato and finding peace in anything.
I was fixated on trying to count the seeds I could see in the tomato picture haha and then give myself a prize when I felt satisfied with the answer :D

RedEmbers 04-08-2021 12:24 AM

A tried and true question:

If you could be any animal, which would you choose, if any and why?

hallow 04-08-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

A tried and true question:

If you could be any animal, which would you choose, if any and why?

I would be a crow. I admire there intelligence and there playfulness.

Miss Hepburn 04-08-2021 11:24 AM

The Administration has asked for 2-3 sentences in quotes for months.
Sorry, but those that know this, but still ignore it -
the post will just be deleted.

hallow 04-08-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busby
So, and with respect, unless you have had such an experience I cannot see you giving us a simple and unfiltered answer to any meaningful question.

you are quick to judge aren't you? A wise person never discredits what another knows or experienced. Especially if you really don't know the person. Most often some will only tell you what they want you to know. I don't claim to be a professional anything but I met and got to know many professionals who were nothing but idiots. I dig deep in my own mind to answer the best I can. Anyone can take the answer seriously or not. That's up to the them.
Go ahead, ask something and see where it leads. Because most often a question will lead you to something bigger, and creates a chain reaction. If you ask a blind person how it is to see, it may be new and valuable on how one views the world. If you're strong enough to listen.

hallow 04-08-2021 12:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I like that, what you said about the tomato and finding peace in anything.

you can find anything, anywhere if you look for it. I cook a lot so I find a lot in food.

Busby 05-08-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

you are quick to judge aren't you?.

I was simply surprised at your braveness. Offering to answer any question put to you is, after all, quite a challenge.

Considering that in reality we know next to nothing.

hallow 05-08-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busby
I was simply surprised at your braveness. Offering to answer any question put to you is, after all, quite a challenge.

Considering that in reality we know next to nothing.

. You mentioned not knowing a true answer unless one experienced it. We all had different experiences to share knowledge on.
I am also the type of person, if I don't know something I will look for the answer or at least do my best. Like the asbugers question. I really didn't know much about it. But from someone else's experience I found myself falling close in that category. I used that question as a learning experience for myself.
If I can inspirer or someones day a little better and learn from there experience it's a win, win for everyone. A way to learn from others experiences along with my own.

Busby 05-08-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

. You mentioned not knowing a true answer unless one experienced it. We all had different experiences to share knowledge on.
I am also the type of person, if I don't know something I will look for the answer or at least do my best. Like the asbugers question....

Whatever you believe is true. There is no 'truth', all there is is you, reacting through your senses relative to your 'place' in the world. You came, at your birth, from the inside of the universe to the outside of the same.
All there is is awareness - you could also call it 'experience' - your experiences, whatever they may be only effect me in the sense of the collective mind tallying.

hallow 05-08-2021 02:27 PM

@ Busby. All you mentioned is very true.
I never truly understood what all this information/experience collecting is for. Today I was having a talk with an 84 year old who struggles with everyday things, things only a year ago she had no problem doing both mentally and physically. I hear that same story many times over. Maybe it's the need to mentally grow and expand. One of the few things that sets humans apart from the rest of life.
Where does that "collection" go? What's the point in it? I can only trust that collective drive is there a reason. Maybe the point in it all is to simply pass it on like a good book.

Busby 06-08-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

@ Busby. All you mentioned is very true.
I never truly understood what all this information/experience collecting is for. Today I was having a talk with an 84 year old who struggles with everyday things, things only a year ago she had no problem doing both mentally and physically. ...

Collecting information (for that is what the universe is all about) is directly connected to evolution. It doesn't 'go' anywhere - it, (the collected info) is seen as the world /universe we see today. We can also see how the world in which we now live has developed from what it once was to what it is now. In moment everything (due to constantly added information) is speeding up. We can hardly keep up with all the advancements being made in all corners. You and I and elephants are constantly in touch with the collective unconscious, we call this feedback. It works both ways. The crunch of autumn leaves under your feet is a good example.
Human beings aren't set apart from the rest of life. All is One. The universe (that thing we call god) is one great mind - and you are part of it. You and I and the lions in the jungle are the windows through which the universe can observe itself. It was observing itself before the BigBang and will do so when the next BB comes along.
It (the universe) craves knowledge which it gets through experience, it sets no standards, no morals, it allows (so to speak) anything. This freedom is what we really call free will.
How you deal with life is up to you.

hallow 06-08-2021 11:37 AM

It's interesting how you mentioned that life is speeding up. it's hard for me to keep positive about this topic. With everything going faster and faster it's only a matter of time before we get ahead of ourselves and burn ourselves out. Like a virus that runs out of hosts. in a spiritual sense we all are connected. In a physical sense humans have a few differences that make us human. We used to have foresight unlike most creatures do. We seem to be loosing that as things are speeding up. For example as we see things a week in advance it's takes 2 weeks for us to process what happened and what to do next unless we let technology do that for us. We also don't have time for true human connections. Everything is impersonal and cold. For my job we had monthly staff meetings in person. I didn't mind the meetings it was a time to connect with other staff and catch up on things. We had our first video meeting last week. It didn't seem real, seemed like your watching someone else's staff meeting on TV. Right now that what connecting with others is. So artificial and cold. That brings a distorted reality and loss of identity. We're loosing the ability to connect and function on a human level.
It seems like we're already burning ourselves out and devolving. There's an illusion of advancing because of all this stuff we created but we're not. Physically speaking were becoming primates with technology that is in control of us.

Miss Hepburn 06-08-2021 11:46 AM

Another reminder, the Admins have requested 2-3 sentences when quoting others. (clears throat, Busby?)

RedEmbers 07-08-2021 12:10 AM

Sorry Miss H and mods, I was confused about the quote thing, I actually thought it meant something else entirely! I get it now

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crow is an excellent choice!

I miss watching the crows from my old job visiting at lunch time, they were extremely clever.

RedEmbers 07-08-2021 12:11 AM

Hallow, I will be on the lockout for art and peace in my food now haha

Is the heart a potato? Your food loves you.

I make my kids food into smiling faces, will probably keep doing so even when they are an adult!

hallow 07-08-2021 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The heavens will communicate with you in anything they know you pay attention to. The Angles know I pay attention to food so they use that as there tool. Try designate to them a form that you pay attention to and they'll communicate though that. It can be anything.

RedEmbers 08-08-2021 12:20 AM

A phoenix?

Wow, that is quite beautiful. You could do an art collage, an art project with all of your food discoveries.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: Are you still on the lookout for more questions?

hallow 09-08-2021 09:08 PM

Quote:

Question: Are you still on the lookout for more questions?

. I am always whiling to answer questions.
The photos are fun. It's interesting to look at just more than the surface of life.

RedEmbers 09-08-2021 10:39 PM

Well that is wonderful because I like asking questions :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you invented or innovated anything lately?

hallow 09-08-2021 11:08 PM

I like asking questions too. I actually question everything. It's amazing how much people don't like to answer questions or if they do it's very text book and you rarely get a true to heart answer. Life isn't text book, or a degree, it's simply life. That's in large part of what inspired this thread. As you can see people don't like asking them either I guess.

RedEmbers 11-08-2021 05:29 AM

Dear Hallow,

Being an ever curious and child like person I have always enjoyed asking questions, though I learned early on that many people can feel quite uncomfortable with too many questions.

Questions seem to often raise even more questions for people and sometimes it seems as though it may sometimes disturb people's sense of inner security and certainty?? Kind of holding a mirror up I guess.

I ask myself many questions every day, it is my way of being true to myself and understanding what my body, mind and soul needs from one moment to the next.

hallow 11-08-2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Dear Hallow,
Questions seem to often raise even more questions for people and sometimes it seems as though it may sometimes disturb people's sense of inner security and certainty??

. I very much agree with this. Also most people are taught from a very young age not to question. I heard countless times growing up "because I said so" and NEVER question your parents or other elders. One major thing as well especially within religious groups is to once again NEVER question your religion. I always thought if you don't know the reason behind doing or believing something other than because someone told me to, is really silly. Shouldn't there be a reason behind your actions or beliefs?

hallow 11-08-2021 12:54 PM

RedEmbers. I have a question for you. If there's one family trait you could change about yourself, what would it be?

RedEmbers 12-08-2021 01:08 AM

How are you today?

HAHA! Hallow, apparently "defiance" is a part of my nuero - diversity :D

I see it a little bit differently, I had different needs to what existing establishments were able to provide and I was trying to express my needs before developing the language to do so.

Sometimes questions can seem like an act of defiance to others, to me, it is a curiosity towards growth and away from stagnation :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting question you asked.

If I could focus upon a more "productive aspect" within a challenging family trait, it would be to BE less insular within the family unit and not deny aspects of myself, by remaining in my comfort zone.

RedEmbers 12-08-2021 01:09 AM

Dear Hallow,

Do you enjoy stepping out of your comfort zone and if so

Can you share an experience of some such occasion?