Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Are there any spiritual consequences of suicide? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133704)

Yunoschut 02-02-2020 11:14 PM

Are there any spiritual consequences of suicide?

If there are any, what are the reasons? I think that there is none, but seeing the grief of our loved ones could be pretty heavy on emotions.

Visitor 02-02-2020 11:35 PM

It does seem to deny one's own soul.

ocean breeze 02-02-2020 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunoschut
If there are any, what are the reasons?

No consequences. No reasons for consequences.

Quote:

I think that there is none, but seeing the grief of our loved ones could be pretty heavy on emotions.

Either way you'll be dead so its not something dead people worry about or deal with. You can die today or in many years, eventually people will grieve for your death whether you die naturally or do it yourself.

shivatar 03-02-2020 12:43 AM

the answer depends on a persons beliefs.

if someone believes in nothing after death, then no there is no consequence.

if they believe in christian heaven and hell, then yes big consequence.

if you are like me and believe in recinarnation, then the consequence is you end up in the same bad situation that you tried to escape. So there really is no reason to do it, it solves nothing and will most likely just cause you to end up in an even worse situation. and on top of that, you have to grow up again which SUCKS unless you have a good family and live in a wealthy country. and if you suicide, the odds of that happening are probably like super low.

so yeah, in my belief and opinion, there is no reason to suicide. It does not solve anything, and it actually adds to problems.

I have thought about it before and eventually just decided that I'd rather work from where I am now, even if it's so bad that I want to die sometimes. At least I know I can work myself to a better place, as long as I don't give up.

iamthat 03-02-2020 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Either way you'll be dead so its not something dead people worry about or deal with.

The physical body may have died, but can we really say that someone who has committed suicide does not have to consider the consequences in an after-death state? We simply do not know.

Quote:

You can die today or in many years, eventually people will grieve for your death whether you die naturally or do it yourself.

The process of grief for someone who dies of natural causes may be very different to the grief for someone who has committed suicide.

All my immediate family members have died of natural causes, and I have felt little grief, just gratitude that their passings were relatively quick.

Suicide, however, is usually sudden and unexpected, and it often leaves many unanswered questions. Those left behind may have had no warning and no time to prepare themselves mentally or emotionally. Except in cases such as euthanasia, there is often the sense of a promising life cut short. And those grieving may be filled with guilt or shock or remorse for not having done something different to prevent it happening, and this guilt/shock/remorse adds to the burden of their grief. And at some level, those grieving a suicide may feel anger that the person has done such an act, leaving others to clear up the mess. This all makes grief for a suicide quite different to grief for a death from natural causes.

Peace

Unseeking Seeker 03-02-2020 02:08 AM

We may of course choose to believe as felt convenient. I’d like to imagine that all is forgiven always!

However, if we rely upon mediums who have been shown what occurs, their findings indicate that the soul cannot exit the earth plane until the preordained time of actual death of their body. This would mean that they are trapped, so to speak, on the earthy realm, whilst being without the mind body vehicle. Some among these unfortunate ones succumb to practitioners of black magic.

Adding to their woes, they need to eventually come back to complete their earth life lessons which compelled them to commit suicide. Now, carrying the trauma of suicide, they need to overcome that subconscious urge as well in their rebirth.

It doesn’t make a rosy picture after all. Unfortunately.

ocean breeze 03-02-2020 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
The physical body may have died, but can we really say that someone who has committed suicide does not have to consider the consequences in an after-death state? We simply do not know.

Well that's the key. You don't know. I don't worry about consequences of death from the unknowable. It would appear silly to me.

Quote:

The process of grief for someone who dies of natural causes may be very different to the grief for someone who has committed suicide.

All my immediate family members have died of natural causes, and I have felt little grief, just gratitude that their passings were relatively quick.

Suicide, however, is usually sudden and unexpected, and it often leaves many unanswered questions. Those left behind may have had no warning and no time to prepare themselves mentally or emotionally. Except in cases such as euthanasia, there is often the sense of a promising life cut short. And those grieving may be filled with guilt or shock or remorse for not having done something different to prevent it happening, and this guilt/shock/remorse adds to the burden of their grief. And at some level, those grieving a suicide may feel anger that the person has done such an act, leaving others to clear up the mess. This all makes grief for a suicide quite different to grief for a death from natural causes.

Peace

I'm sure many will react in such ways. Anyways my point of view on topics such as suicide and death are likely to appear very controversial to others. So i tread carefully. Its a topic of interest for me especially listening to the view points of others in regard to their thoughts and personal experience. So in that i have to be cautious as to how to reply or whether to reply or not. But i understand where you're coming from. I see things differently though.

neil 03-02-2020 02:29 AM

In effect, people are slowly suiciding all day every day.

People drink poison ie:-alcohol, smoke cigarettes, consume illicit drugs, exhaust fumes, consume foods that are detremental to the body, drive vehicles that may crash, travel in aeroplanes that may fall from the sky, participate in dangerous activities...etc etc etc. And some of these people may "as some might say" die.
So will these people have to deal with their slow attempt at suicide...NO, and neither do people who as some may refer to the act as, commit suicide.

The concept of suicide is false. Because to define suicide. Suicide, is to kill a sentient life form. & the flesh brain system is only a sensory/processing unit. "& is not" a sentient, aware or intelligent entity. It is simply a system that we utilize so that we can come to Earth & create offspring through & of. Because we can not create offspring in spirit, we need the organic flesh body to create life in our very own essence.

The Soul'self "us", is the sentient, aware intelligent mind/entity. And is simply connected to the sensory/processing unit via the silver cord. This cord is meant to be eventually severed, & can be severed at any time of our choosing.

We have the "free will to do what ever we choose". & there are absolutely zero penalties whatsoever for disconnecting from the flesh and relocating to "let's say" the Heavens.
There are zero penalties for us, if we choose to disconnect from the flesh, if we will only do it lovingly..ie:- if we inform close family & friends, that we are choosing to leave the flesh & the Earth behind.
& we need to make sure that any persons in our lives..ie:- dependant children & or parents etc, are ok & well cared for after our departure. Because if we did not, and it caused undue grief to those dependant ones, then that needs to be dealt with in accordance with the law of "reap as one sows".

We could if we wanted to, effect an out of body experience, & live anywhere we choose within the universe, away from the flesh & the Earth. And simply leave the body on Earth to starve of nutrition & water & deteriorate to a state, that it can not sustain a connection to us, "the sentient Soul'self", via the silver cord any longer. & while we are waiting for the disconnection to occur, we could be enjoying an all abundant life in spirit.

Above I said that the brain/body system is not a sentient, aware entity. & proof that it is not. Would be that in the instant that an out of body experience is effected, the "brain/processor" instantly shuts down..ie:- loses consciousness, & the body becomes lifeless "so to speak"...because the sentient, aware consciousness life force ie:- "us", has now left the body. And all memories are also out of body & were never in the brain.

As usual, all of the above is simply for anyones considerations & or questioning.

neil 03-02-2020 03:13 AM

Quote:

Peace

If you want to refer to it as suicide..ok, yes it is sudden but so is an out of body experience. But that does not cause grief. Grief is a false concept. and grief is caused by unseen dark entities that are connected to an Earthling before & after the liberation from the flesh. Believe it or not.

And these dark ones will continue to use their powers of the mind, to create & cause the emotions of grief and or anger from a minute manner or to a completely debilitating manner of state of mind within us, Even after the liberation from flesh.

If one has not seen the untold numbers of nasty minded beings that surround & influence the mind & body of an Earthling. Then it can be completely impossible to fathom...I continuously experience it myself, and witnessed it in others.

The instant disconnection from the flesh causes zero grief. The person simply moves away from the flesh.
And just because they were lets say, hit by a speeding train, it does not mean that, that event would cause any more grief than simply passing due to natural causes. The spiritual body of a person hit by a speeding train would remember none of the impact, because the ability to process information in such an event, because such an event happens so very quickly, and the self is instantly disconnected from the flesh.

However a person who is conscious & passes slowly will have more ability to store memories of their disconnection. But in a few moments after their disconnection, they will soon realize that they are now free of the constraints & harshness of the Earth life. And will start to cheer.

A person who does not realize that they are now free & abundant in life. Well that person is being discretely deceived into feeling grief or anxiousness by dark minded nasty spiritual beings.
And the only way to dislodge these nasty ones, is to seek help from very capable radiant persons, within the lesser Heavens of love & light. Such persons are well versed with these issues.
And in the instant that these beings are dislodged from the self, well the Soul'self can become so very youthful & radiant in accordance to the quality of one's Soul'self.
The more pure loving a person becomes, then the more youthful, radiant & abundant one becomes.

To refer to the liberation from the flesh as "death" well then death is our friend, no matter how it comes about. However. what is not our friend, are the dark evil minded ones that discretely connect to us & cause grief, anxieties, anger etc within us before & or after our liberation from the flesh.

As per usual, all of the above is simply for anyones considerations.

iamthat 03-02-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil
If you want to refer to it as suicide..ok, yes it is sudden but so is an out of body experience. But that does not cause grief. Grief is a false concept. and grief is caused by unseen dark entities that are connected to an Earthling before & after the liberation from the flesh. Believe it or not.

And these dark ones will continue to use their powers of the mind, to create & cause the emotions of grief and or anger from a minute manner or to a completely debilitating manner of state of mind within us, Even after the liberation from flesh.

The discussion was about the grief felt by those left behind, not the person who has left the body.

I find your claims somewhat unconvincing.

Peace

Altair 03-02-2020 07:01 PM

I think it may just entirely depend upon yourself and what you want in life. If we kill ourselves while still having specific goals that couldn’t be achieved, than we may be disappointed in ourselves. But someone in old age suffering from a lot of physical pain deciding to end it could be a different story and be ready to leave and satisfied already with what has been achieved.

Molearner 03-02-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

No consequences. No reasons for consequences.

Either way you'll be dead so its not something dead people worry about or deal with. You can die today or in many years, eventually people will grieve for your death whether you die naturally or do it yourself.

ocean breeze,

Yes and no. The character of the grief that your loved ones experience would be much different.....die of old age we understand....die of suicide those left behind often experience guilt. So, IMO, the consequences of suicide are much greater and far reaching. It sort of goes back to a thread where we were discussing karma. I spoke of the possibility of collateral damage. I would suggest that suicide has much more collateral damage than natural death.

inavalan 03-02-2020 08:05 PM

Quote:

If there are any, what are the reasons? I think that there is none, but seeing the grief of our loved ones could be pretty heavy on emotions.

Bottom line, to whoever thinks about suicide: don't do it!

Why are you asking about it?

zastrakoza 03-02-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

There are consequences for all actions, because this is a universal law. But do not be dismayed. Consequences are not penalties. And believe me, consequences are enough. We are forgiven for our mistakes, even though we must endure the consequences.

Remember the relationship to Spirit, who granted us this gift of a lifetime on earth. It is for benefit to be here, and not just our own. To remove oneself is making a bold statement to our earth friends, but more importantly to Spirit. We did not give ourselves life. To self termination is disrespectful to the life givers, and abandoning those we could help to see the light. None of us see the future clearly.

The humble heart finds himself in earthling form and begins to do all that is possible to bless his environment and his fellows. We are here to shine light, which we would not do, if not at first exposed to darkness. All of us struggle, and those who overcome become that shining light, and a very great blessing to the rest of us.

I would urge us not to be short-sighted, but to press on, using every moment to our advantage in our goal of achieving our highest potential, so that we may eventually find enjoyment in the ability to shine the light of Spirit on those still struggling.

Z

neil 04-02-2020 02:10 AM

Quote:

The discussion was about the grief felt by those left behind, not the person who has left the body.
I find your claims somewhat unconvincing.

The opening post is about grief, that the person may experience after being liberated from the flesh. And my post is in accord with the opening post.

Quote from the OP.....Are there any spiritual consequences of suicide?
If there are any, what are the reasons? I think that there is none, but seeing the grief of our loved ones could be pretty heavy on emotions....unquote.

And my post in response to yours is quite relevant to your post. Especially in your first paragraph.

And if you are ever able to knowingly experience what I have. You would then not refer to my experiences as unconvincing, and simply dismiss them.
Maybe if you thought outside the spiritual box, you may come to a different understanding of spiritual life in regards to yourself & what you can not see in & arround yourself, in regards to what i speak about in all of my posts.

If you simply disregard the accounts of the experiences of others, without being inquisitive, maybe you will be missing out on some very sound information, that will definitely be of assistance to yourself after you are liberated from the flesh.

My experiences with the evil ones, have allowed me to see what others can not see in scripture. And i continually suggest this on this forum. However it always falls on deaf ears...oh well not to worry.

ajay00 04-02-2020 06:06 AM

Quote:

As per Hinduism, each human being is actually an eternal soul occupying a temporary organic body engaged in the duties of ensuring material prosperity (Preyas) and spiritual prosperity (Sreyas).

If due to cowardice or weakness, one destroys the body before its destined death or destruction, it creates a lot of karma for oneself.The soul then lives on as a ghost like entity with greater suffering and misery than before. It takes a lot of time before it gets liberated from its present position and acquire a better one.

Strength and courage are considered as virtues which helps the soul on its onward path, and weakness and cowardice are considered as vices which regress the soul and pulls it backwards and hence should be shunned.

Disease has a purpose of purging the body from past negative karmas and hence should be borne patiently and bravely.

However, for very old people suffering from senility or very painful physical disease, and are not capable of taking care of themselves physically or financially or other means, self-euthanasia in the form of voluntary starvation is not considered sinful. This is known as prayopavesa or sallekhana in Hinduism and Jainism.Sallekhana should be done with a calm mind, peacefully and joyfully, and with the mind focused on spiritual matters.

Also only a person having no desire or ambition left and no responsibilities remaining in life is entitled to perform it.

This is forbidden for the young, strong and healthy and for such it is considered suicide and highly sinful.

Native spirit 04-02-2020 10:36 AM

I have to agree with Iamthat

Namaste

Sir Neil 16-11-2021 10:53 AM

Unresolved issues from the lifetime they committed suicide in, will then roll over into a subsequent one to be dealt with.

Traveler 16-11-2021 11:20 AM

There's an essay by Robert Bruce that explores the consequences of our belief systems that can carry over in death.
https://www.astraldynamics.com.au/co...Hospital-Visit

hazada guess 16-11-2021 12:59 PM

Are there any spiritual consequences of suicide?

Some say there are, some say they are not. However, when you pass you judge yourself. There may be deep regrets when you see things outside of the purpose for your actions.
However, I'm not about to find out:biggrin: ,Life is precious.

PureEvil760 18-11-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

I've heard there are but I don't remember the source. Personally I don't believe there are but it's still just not a good idea because you'll have to come back again and be given the same tests that made you do it in the first place.

asearcher 18-11-2021 05:05 PM

I agree with pureEvil760, one has to do it all over again. Suicide is not the answer, getting help is, to then help yourself.

JoeColo 25-11-2021 09:10 AM

1) What about the pain you've caused your loved ones?
2) What if others follow your example?
3) What if you find out that wonderful things were about to happen to you that you cut short?
4) What if you "almost succeed" at killing yourself, as in wind up as a vegetable, or in a nursing home? (I saw an attractive young woman in a nursing home with elderly Alzheimer's patients, who shot herself, but survived, with severe head injury.)

JoeColo:icon_sad:

django 25-11-2021 10:14 AM

I also think like a few previous posters that you will reincarnate with the same problems, and maybe an urge to again run away from those problems, so in the end you’re just making it harder on yourself.

I’ve heard that in a life review at the time of death you see your life and how it affects other people, imagine seeing the hurt you’ve caused others when your own depression is taken out of the picture and you can see clearly.

Life is precious, I think we’re here to fulfill our spiritual potential, to cut life short deliberately is wrong in just so many ways.

Native spirit 25-11-2021 11:01 AM

If you die by your own hand (suicide) it does not mean you have to come back and do it again,
people take their own lives for a variety of reasons,
anyone who passes over through illness etc or suicide go into a hospital of sorts in the spirit world so it can heal.
it does not mean you have to come back and do it over again.

Namaste

jimmymc25 26-11-2021 06:44 AM

That's good to know Native Spirit.

I've always heard it was totally against God's will & it was either being sent back here or some dark plane on the other side.
And being raised Catholic I was taught the old straight to Hell thing.

Greenslade 26-11-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeColo
1) What about the pain you've caused your loved ones?

What if all the things on your list were Life's Purpose/Karmic Obligations that were agreed on before we come here?

django 26-11-2021 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
If you die by your own hand (suicide) it does not mean you have to come back and do it again,
anyone who passes over through illness etc or suicide go into a hospital of sorts in the spirit world so it can heal.

I can either believe in karma or your concept, I’m going with karma.

Greenslade 12-12-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by django
I can either believe in karma or your concept, I’m going with karma.

Karma isn't much more than reward/punishment mentality and frankly it's really not very 'Spiritual' either. If you want an understanding check out kamma-vipaka. And Native's 'concept' isn't a concept, it's mediumship and therefore from Spirit.

iamthat 12-12-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
Karma isn't much more than reward/punishment mentality and frankly it's really not very 'Spiritual' either.

This may apply to karma on an individual level, and it is how many people understand karma.

On a broader level, karma relates to universal balance and harmony. Which is why astrologically the sign governing karma is Libra with the scales of balance.

Peace

Greenslade 13-12-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

On a broader level, karma relates to universal balance and harmony. Which is why astrologically the sign governing karma is Libra with the scales of balance.

Since your an advocate of karma maybe you could answer me a couple of questions. What makes good good, what makes bad bad? And if there is no time, isn't sowing and reaping happening at the same time?

Miss Hepburn 13-12-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit

I agree.:smile:

And if you could not handle it the first time, there are other ways to learn things...still inclusive of the
belief in Karma.

iamthat 13-12-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
What makes good good, what makes bad bad? And if there is no time, isn't sowing and reaping happening at the same time?

It depends on what level we consider these things.

On one level, good and bad are mental judgements of how things affect us.

On another level, there is neither good nor bad, there are just events arising in consciousness.

People may talk about good karma (e.g. winning the lottery) and bad karma (e.g. breaking a leg), but really there is just karma or action. Ideas of good or bad are our projections onto karma.

And at one level there is no time so sowing and reaping happen at the same moment.

On this physical level we experience sequential time, the succession of events, so whatever we sow has its subsequent consequences.

The idea of no time is fine as a theory, but for most of us this is not our daily experience.

Peace

JoeColo 18-12-2021 04:21 AM

Suicide has been described as "a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

Souls sometimes lighten the load on their Earth personalities, sometimes to lessen the load if they feel overly burdened, but not to the point of suicide, other times to prevent their Earth personality from committing suicide. (I don't know why they don't do it more.) I've experienced the latter, when everything seemed hopeless and bad, but some vaguely hopeful or slightly happy thought would come in. But not like a "bright tomorrow," which my mind would kick out, hard. Sometimes it can be inspiration, something good about life when all seems bad. Sometime a breather from whatever the problem is.

The biggest deterrent for me was, what if I "almost succeed" at killing myself? Wind up crippled, or a vegetable? (I thought of a name for this, "the last question.") I was scared of that, in ways I was not scared of dying.

When, because of their negative state of mind, one is blind to the pain their suicide would cause to their loved ones, and either does not believe in Hell, or it seems like Hell would not be any worse, the question, what if I "almost succeed?" still might remain as something deterring them from suicide. If this is no longer any deterrent, then they're at a point very difficult to be talked out of it.

It seems to me like when they're not yet at the point where the answer to "the last question" is it won't stop me, they're at least somewhat reachable to be helped. (I'm really glad I never reached that point.) I don't know whether research bears this out. Sometimes people's behaviors are hard to understand, and suicidal people are certainly not logical.

For some, especially decades ago, having to face God and going to Hell can be a significant deterrent. Many don't believe in God and Hell, but wouldn't want to chance it. I include myself in this category. Whether or not this, and/or "having to come back" occur, there is definitely a much higher probability of the person encountering a very dark reality upon death, due to their state of mind at the time. So, suicide is not without consequences, and probably does not result in one going to Hell, per se, but it might seem to them they are. It might be a narrowly defined semantic point.

Has anyone heard about "Channeling Erik?" He had severe depression, had attempted suicide dozens of times before succeeding. In his case, it had been agreed to before he was born. I don't know if he ever said why his soul chose this.

What's entirely alien to me about soul is, why would even one soul choose even a life of average difficulty on Earth? Which is 10x or more than I'd ever choose. Souls must have some very deep differences from the consciously aware mind within physical reality. I'd certainly not consider my soul to be "me" if he'd choose Earth to be created "as is." I do mean "as is" in a bad way, like buying something with severe defects.

While Earth is not something I'd ever choose to create, I'd definitely not want it destroyed, now that it has been created. There's so much good that would be destroyed, along with the bad. Yes, I know intellectually that good and bad are judgments, not necessarily absolute truths, but I still feel they are. Saying otherwise would be lying to myself.

JoeColo 18-12-2021 07:46 AM

Something else I wanted to discuss, important enough for a new post, is about probabilities. Seth, Elias, and many other channeled personalities, say that we create other probabilities than the ones we experience. Other than trifles, such as what we had for lunch, etc., these "branch points" result in two or more probable selves, only one of which we experience.

Drum roll......................................... highly surprised no one has brought up this point in any spiritual forms I've ever been on, is that we must have selves who died at various points in our lives. This should work both ways, that if we've ever been very suicidal, we should have probable selves who did choose suicide at those times. Going the other way, if one does succeed at suicide, one should have a probable self who did not choose suicide.

I believe that the reason so many fail at suicide is that they choose to come back when dead, that the consequences are worse than the problem their suicide was meant to solve. Some may go back to before their choice to suicide, then choose differently. Most if not all channeled personalities say we do this when we die, that some hours or days later this can be done. We go back, and have no memory of ever being dead.

I don't know if we can decide to not-create a probable self who died, especially by suicide. I know we cannot create ourself as suicided, but another probable self of us still alive, to spare our loved ones pain, and do whatever good we were supposed to do. If one is aware a having suicided, there must be corresponding loved ones left behind.

Whether or not there are consequences of suicide after death, there certainly are for failing at it, unless one fails in such a way that no one ever knows they attempted it, which is a difficult feat to achieve.

Sir Neil 29-12-2021 07:17 PM

One of the consequences is the lack of resolution of the issue which drove the person to suicide. It just gets rolled over into a subsequent life, to be resolved there instead.

Altair 02-01-2022 04:12 PM

This is a very sensitive topic. I myself don't believe there's a God that will determine what is good or bad. It's also not up to some of us to decide if it's bad or not if someone committed suicide, nor a guru or priest. Forget about all these judges. Who cares?

Said person that did it has spoken for him or her self. Person will have reasons. That is enough!
The rest of us may make some noise, we wanna have meaning in our lives, likely because we can't handle not having an objective answer to it.

hazada guess 02-01-2022 04:23 PM

Believe it or not folks but Life is precious.

Miss Hepburn 02-01-2022 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Neil
One of the consequences is the lack of resolution of the issue which drove the person to suicide.
It just gets rolled over into a subsequent life, to be resolved there instead.

A concept, sorry Neil... Not necessarily.

I say this based on the information from half a dozen sources.
Plus, God's System is not mean...it's fair and loving...
(According to many famous mediums connecting with those on the Other Side).
If a soul were not ready to 'go back to the same situation'...he would not have to ...
but perhaps later when it was deemed time and was still needed.
My understanding and belief.
People can see what rings truer to them.

Starman 02-01-2022 05:58 PM

Intention of our actions play a big role in our conditioning, and how we mold and shape our own
energy/soul/spirit, that which inhabits a physical body. The four types of suicide, according to
Emile Durkheim, a French sociologist whose work is still used today by many psychologist and
psychiatrist, are:

Egoistic Suicide, usually happens when a person feels no connection to their community, an
absence of social integration.

Altruistic Suicide, usually happens when a person sacrifices their own life to save someone else,
or they give their life for their country, etc. The Japanese kamikaze pilots during WWII committed
altruistic suicide.

Anomic Suicide, usually occurs during high levels of stress and frustration. It is usually done
impulsively.

Fatalistic Suicide, usually occurs when a person is kept under tight regulation. Although a person
may have unconscious fatalistic tendencies, i.e. an unconscious death wish. A person who
consistently practices high risk behavior may be fatalistic.

The intention in these four types of suicide are different but the outcome is the same. Socrates
committed suicide, although he was forced. Nonetheless, he took his own life. But his intentions
where not that of a usual suicide.

It is widely accepted in spiritual groups that human life is a dream, and death is a waking up from
that dream. When a person sleeps at night, some may have nightmares, and they may awaken from
that nightmare breathing fast and heavy, still reflecting on the nightmare even though they are now
awake.

Frankly I want my death to be smooth and peaceful. There are about ten States in the U.S. that
have legalized assisted suicide. This is with the help of a professional for medical reasons. There are
lots of people who attempt to take their own life, only to end up severely damaging themselves.

When I worked as a nurse I had a patient who shot himself in the head with a gun, the bullet went
through his head and came out the other side, and he lived, although he did have brain damage for
the rest of his life.