Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

naturesflow 02-02-2016 09:54 PM

“Half of the practice of spiritual inquiry is to take you to silence instantly. When you inquire, ‘Who am I?’ if you are honest, you’ll notice that it takes you right back to silence instantly. The brain doesn’t have the answer, so all of a sudden there is silence. The question is meant to take you to that state of silence that is not manufactured, where thinking or searching for the right emotional experience fails.”

~ Adyashanti
Emptiness Dancing

naturesflow 03-02-2016 10:35 AM

“What do we run away from more than silence? Many of us would rather cling to our ideas, our beliefs, and our opinions - the very things that distance us from truth and reality and life - than to experience this silence. We spend so much energy running away from silence, but silence is the ground from which awakening springs. It’s the ground from which we shift out of this egoic state of consciousness, out of this belief in separation. After all, separation is ultimately just a belief. It’s a story made up in our minds.”

~ Adyashanti
Falling into Grace

Lorelyen 03-02-2016 02:54 PM

“I’m sure they would remove my devils, but I
fear they would offend my angels.”

Rilke

naturesflow 04-02-2016 10:55 AM

"When fascination with the me dissolves, when it simply no longer holds center stage in your awareness, then all that remains in the absence of the me is revealed."

~ Adyashanti

Miss Hepburn 04-02-2016 11:33 AM

"Just a moment, a split second of true availability is all it takes.
That's where spirit gains it's entry, and that moment
is the moment of awakening."

-from "Resurrecting Jesus" by Adyashanti

StrandedSnowMonkey 05-02-2016 01:24 PM

"When we respect the natural cycles of life
we find that each of life's stages has a spiritual dimension"

Jack Kornfield

naturesflow 06-02-2016 12:16 PM

“Your true nature isn’t quiet; it’s quietness. It could also be called nobodyness or nothingness. When you come to the true quiet, you have transcended quietness.”

~ Adyashanti

Miss Hepburn 06-02-2016 04:00 PM

It is love alone that gives worth to all things.

St. Theresa of Avila

naturesflow 07-02-2016 11:23 PM

Your greatest aid is your sincerity and desire for Truth above all else. You may be shocked over and over again by the depth of illusion that you find and uncover within yourself, but never fixate on it or judge yourself.

Accept, forgive, and move on, for your true being is infinite and absolute. It exists as much now as it ever did or ever will. Stand still in the sacred conflagration of inquiry and let it open you to the seat of all wisdom born of Spirit.

Only Truth will survive; all else will perish.

- Adyashanti

A human Being 07-02-2016 11:53 PM

I'm a big Adya fan so I'm loving the quotes, naturesflow and Miss H (I read 'Resurrecting Jesus' recently and loved it), so thanks, ladies :smile: