Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Channeling (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   The Ougie Board (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=47774)

4everLove 22-02-2013 12:17 AM

The Ougie Board

Hey all! So I just want to see what everyone thinks about Ougie Boards. My mom and aunt did it a few times but always prayed for good energies to come through everytime. they just asked to bless it and send light to it.

anyways, i know everyone says to stay away from them. just want to hear stories/thoughts on them.

namaste:)

psychoslice 22-02-2013 12:46 AM

I think if you use it without a superstitious mind you should be OK.

Tobi 22-02-2013 12:58 AM

I'm sorry if this comes across as "negative" but the trouble with Ouija boards is you can't always tell who or what you are talking to (unless you know, doubtlessly, already by other means, and the board is just used as a tool)
There are sometimes, some very tricky earthbound souls around in the astral plane dimension close to the Earth plane. That's not to say that these Souls don't need some love and kindness, and encouragement to head for the brightest light they can see...but they are not all like that. It can depend. And spiritual seekers can get entangled in some difficult things sometimes by using Ouija boards.
Just my opinion, based on some things I have known happen to someone I knew in the past.

Selenphina 22-02-2013 01:09 AM

I have used them, and from my experience with them, I believe they do work. I no longer mess with them, and I'd say it's best to avoid doing so. But people have to go there own way and who am I to say anything since I've done it myself plenty of times in the past.

Seawolf 22-02-2013 02:33 AM

I had one and it moved really fast. One time me and my grandmother asked it who was controlling it, and it said the devil. We stopped using it after that. A few years later I lent it to my friends. By the time I found it again, it had messed up 3 kids that I know of who were playing with it by themselves. I got it back and burned it while a bunch of bikers laughed at me for being superstitious. True story.

Albalida 22-02-2013 03:26 AM

It's a plank of wood with the alphabet painted on it. If that's evil, then every decently-stocked kindergarten is a portal to an evil otherworld.

Okay, I understand that it was initially marketed as a necromancy divination tool... and, I understand that there is a lot of stigma attached to death and communication with the dead, as well as lots of stigma attached to providing an easy way for the otherwise uninitiated to channel spiritual messages (because the easy way, provides progress in advance of understanding or wisdom.)

Personally, I don't see it as any more evil than gemstones, meditation, dream interpretations or lucid dreaming, or channeling. All of these have their dangers and inconveniences.

becomingkate 22-02-2013 05:26 PM

I've heard so many negative stories about the Ouija (my parents were the first to warn me about it) that I won't use it.

My oldest daughter used it a few times as a teen and she's experienced more paranormal stuff than anyone in the house. Negative stuff, like heavy emotional feelings or pushing her from behind. I don't know if that is a result of using the Ouija or not, but I still stay away from that sort of thing.

Shincarra 22-02-2013 06:54 PM

4everlove, I agree with all of the above. There are better ways to keep in touch wiht Spirit, then using a Ouija board. I have never had a problem, but I also don't use them, but people I do know have had many problems. I think it has a lot to do with the personel power of the person using it. Just saying.

partofme 22-02-2013 07:59 PM

I have very mixed feelings of them. I played with them as a teen. Had some pretty cool experiences with them at times. We had used white candles with our sessions and we still had some creepy things happen still. The last time when I was 19 (with my husband) it said we were evil. THAT was enough for me! Especially since having children, Ive never played with one nor plan to. Just the very idea of it being around my youngest (fear of its possibilities to tap into her energy)is enough keep the temptation of wanting to show my oldest what they can do.

Seawolf 22-02-2013 08:11 PM

I don't see it as evil, I see it as a door. Would you open your door to any stranger that wanted to come in? People don't realize what they're doing when they open psychic doors and often suffer the consequences. I did when I was younger and it took a while to recover. It seems to happen more with people who have emotional problems, maybe they're more vulnerable?

cMarie 25-02-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seawolf
I don't see it as evil, I see it as a door. Would you open your door to any stranger that wanted to come in? People don't realize what they're doing when they open psychic doors and often suffer the consequences. I did when I was younger and it took a while to recover. It seems to happen more with people who have emotional problems, maybe they're more vulnerable?

Yes, I agree with what you are saying. A very good way to explain it.

I had one when I was a teen and I played with it a bit but it didn't hold my interest. Now as a more experienced person I am a bit leery of them. When I was younger I did not believe in 'spirits' or ghosts.

I think you probably have to be open to belief in the supernatural to be effected in a really negative way. Nothing ever happened to me from using a oujia board, but now I am more sensitive to spirit. I think that maybe that leaves me more open to experiencing bad effects. I try to be careful about negative or dark energies attaching to me, and this is my concern. I do see it as kind of just opening a door so anyone can come in.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong!

MU!! 25-02-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seawolf

The Ouija board use is like a walk down a dark road in a bad neighborhood. Things may happen, things may not but why chance it unless you are very skilled?

If you are skilled with spirit, you won't need the planchette.

Teal 25-02-2013 05:51 PM

I too used to play with these boards when I was younger. They to this day are still labeled a game and can be found in the game sections of store.

I Made my own. There was this one we had some" bad type" we talked to. I think some of my friends even angered it. If you get the "bad type" Be careful and bless it before use or pray or....There are other rituals to make the board better.

I also made one that all I got were pure loving souls. Like a great grandpa. That was nice to talk to a person in my family I had never met. I asked the questions he answered then I would go confirm it.

You just don't know what will happen or who you will talk to. Question who is who. Do a bit of research on whom ever you contact. is what I would do in the age.

sesheta 25-02-2013 06:39 PM

Personally I was never able to get anything to happen with a Ouija board the few times I tried using one....However, I do agree that you have to be sure of what you are doing (creating boundaries, etc.) if you ARE going to use one, and be sure you are very firm in not allowing any negative spirits to come through. If you treat it as a "game" or a toy, you are leaving yourself open to anything..... just my opinion :smile:

Native spirit 25-02-2013 09:33 PM

:confused: Unless you know what you are doing leave the ouija well alone. these are not toy to be played with, you have no control over who comes through i am a medium and have had to go to a few houses to carry out rescues,after teenagers thought it would be fun, believe me they werent laughing for long.

Namaste

Niebla0007 25-02-2013 10:18 PM

Ouija

I played with friends (older than me) in my early teen with ouija which we made with paper, and used a white candle, and a glass pointer - where nothing bad happened as we performed it. But later on, I had nightmares about an entity (which had horns and his presence just felt evil) stalking me - I ended up having trouble sleeping which also unsetteld the whole household. The entity always appeared in my bad dreams infront of any mirror and liked to watch me from my back. Which I just managed to keep in check by praying. I haven't messed with ouijas after that.
Then, in my 20s a friend took me to one of her favorite medium which is known to have an elf guide. She uses the same type of white ouija in her divinition. But one thing I noticed was that she was also reading our minds
(which largely because we do not have any barriers in place). When I put a barrier on, she started hesitating to answer me. But I guess if you see somebody infront of you put a cover over her while carrying on conversation, you will also be distracted.
So, I can only say the same thing,
while ouijas can be used as a divinition tool by people who are geared up for it,
just leave ouijas alone, at least until you know well how to close spiritual gates, doors, portals, etc.

Tobi 26-02-2013 01:43 AM

The person I knew in the past (about 30 years ago now) decided she would try to contact spirits with the Ouija board. We all said it wouldn't work, as she did it alone. But after a few days it started working for her. She was a very nice person, caring and sensitive, and a "positive" thinker. She even said prayers before Ouija sessions, burned sage, lit white candles. She herself, had a lovely "vibe" about her.
She contacted a spirit that seemed to care about her. It would not tell her its name but said that it was female, and had died from being beaten badly by her husband.
My friend was very happy to talk to this spirit. She talked to it night after night. She started to say she loved this spirit, and all she felt from it was love. That this spirit woman was helping her with spiritual development.....
This went on for a year, then suddenly horrible things started happening. Candle flames started to dim and flicker all around the room, sometimes counting out numbers. She got intense head pains and pressures. She was visited by frightening "entities" and had dreadful sleep paralysis and nightmares. She could not hold food down sometimes. She was told that all these things were 'training' for her development. Sometimes she did not have the energy to walk or do anything, and had to lie in bed, nauseous and dizzy, being pulled out of her body against her will.
She kept believing, but gradually the so-called "love" disappeared, and there was nothing but pain, pressure, darkness in my friend's life.

Fortunately over a period of about 3 years, things got so bad that her survival instinct finally kicked in, and she burned that Ouija board, and got professional help to send that "Spirit" through into the Light. It was a hard job. But the Spirit finally went. My friend is absolutely fine now. She did not need to be confined to a mental hospital. Once the Spirit went she came back to herself just fine. She was a good person, with a warm heart, and a loving nature -yet these things still happened to her!

So does anyone really want to mess with a Ouija board?

Sarian 26-02-2013 01:59 AM

I had some scary and bad experiences with the Ouija board and the last time I used it, was because it scared me pretty good. I had horrible nightmares for years afterwards and other odd things. I wasn't superstitious either and thought it was 'fun and interesting' at first. So personally, I say don't mess around with it.

Tobi 26-02-2013 03:59 AM

The sad thing was -regarding my friend- I was skeptical in those days, knew some strange things happened, but didn't altogether believe in spirits and life after death etc. I honestly thought she was going nuts -plain and simple. I was fairly convinced she was creating all these bad symptoms herself somehow. I had no idea what to do to help her.

It's only with a big dollop of hindsight, now, that I do fully realize what was going on.

It showed me that when things like this happen, unless a person is well-connected, and has others they can turn to who do really understand, then they are absolutely on their own with massive problems. And what appears to most people, friends, family etc to be a serious psychological illness. Unless they know where to turn for help -there is no help basically.

cMarie 26-02-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobi
It showed me that when things like this happen, unless a person is well-connected, and has others they can turn to who do really understand, then they are absolutely on their own with massive problems. And what appears to most people, friends, family etc to be a serious psychological illness. Unless they know where to turn for help -there is no help basically.

Good Point!