Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Reiki (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Usui Reiki Ryoho (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=146089)

Catsquotl 25-02-2023 09:31 AM

Usui Reiki Ryoho

I recently learned that there are people out there practicing Reiki as it was once taught by Mikao Usui. Or at least the best effort in reproducing that system based on historical records and interviews with "then" surviving pupils.

Does anyone have experience with that? And wiling to share some insights?
I am thinking about entering a 5 day Shōden course.

I have been attuned in usui shiki ryoho to masterlevel and various other flavors of reiki after that before taking a several decade hiatus.

Alonso24st 29-04-2023 05:58 PM

Ηi,i'm going to start my practice for entering usui reiki energy Level 1,i've read many info here and there,i don't know what to expect,i need it for my own purposes and self help actually first.

Anyone experienced can guide me a bit,i'm searching for a Master for traditional usui reiki and not other kind of reiki such as crystal or archangelic,pranic healing,theta healing etc.

Alonso24st 02-05-2023 08:58 AM

Αny member who is master or at least has 1-2 level of usui reiki,give me some details.

Miss Hepburn 04-05-2023 03:19 PM

I've never heard of it, myself. :)

Catsquotl 05-05-2023 02:39 PM

Currently at day 4 of the 5 day intro...
Great fun.
Oh how magical is the ordinary.

Alonso24st 05-05-2023 09:50 PM

Huh? Never heared before?

Alonso24st 06-05-2023 03:03 PM

I found teacher,i begin level 1 this month,hope it goes well the attunement.

Catsquotl 06-05-2023 06:35 PM

Good Luck @Alonso24st.

I hope you have a wonderful experience.
I am curious which "Flavor" of original usui reiki has crossed your path.

I was originally attuned in the Usui shiki ryoho reiki system for levels 1 and 2. Waited a few years and got a master attunement in Diana Stein's flavored Reiki.
After that I met several teachers on line and was attuned to several other modalities of Reiki. Then felt a Lot lacking in my understanding and let reiki be for more than a couple of years.

I while ago I met someone who was taught Reiki in a manner as close to Usui Reiki ryoho as his teachers were able to ascertain from What Hiroshi Doi, Hyakuten Inamoto and Fumio Ogawa taught.

The main difference from what I just started and more westernized flavors, is the emphasis on a continual practice of meditation "Joshin Kokyo ho" and Recitation of the Gokai as a mantra or kotodama practice. Also instead of going through a course with a fixed course of a set number of days and a syllabus This style asks for a more organic approach to what is taught to each person at what time depending on meditative experiences..

Maybe I feel this way because it's new in comparison to what is usually taught in western style Reiki. But for now it feels more as a path to self development.

Alonso24st 14-05-2023 10:06 AM

I think for a noob like me,it's the best choice to start with the traditional usui reiki method and after i can explore or combine other styles or versions of reiki.

Karuna looks more like a modern continuity of usui,i will try to keep my interest high as it's logic that at some point we may lose interest or motivation for the energy of reiki and want to explore other energies or systems with similarities.

Alonso24st 19-05-2023 09:24 AM

Creating spiritual protection wall against negative energy and harmfull people,how?

I want to know,what method you use when you want to build a protection aura or wall against negative energy around,harmful people,negative gossip,slandering or backbiting?