Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   It's the full moon, how do u keep ur stone from flying all over? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=131199)

seed321 13-09-2019 04:34 PM

It's the full moon, how do u keep ur stone from flying all over?

Tonight will be the full moon, I wanna put my crystals in the roof (there's no window with the right angle for the moon shine) but it's kinda windy these days and I'm worried about losing my stones since they're kinda small and light weight, anyone know of a way to solve this problem? Can I just put them in a plastic bag or something?

Hawaiian Dreams 13-09-2019 05:10 PM

Can you just put them outside on the ground in your yard instead?

FairyCrystal 13-09-2019 05:35 PM

Never in a plastic bag. Plastic -and any synthetic material- distorts energy.
if you're afraid they'll blow away they must be really small or thin rather?
Like Hawaiian Dreams said, find a spot elsewhere. Get creative.

seed321 13-09-2019 07:12 PM

Sadly the roof is the only place that gets the moonshine and there's no yard, yup they're small tumbled stones, I don't own any large pieces yet, am I really the only one facing this problem? Hahaha

Hawaiian Dreams 13-09-2019 07:35 PM

Maybe haha. I put my crystal near the window and I'm sure it doesn't get any moonshine 90% of the night, but it's still better than nothing, and better than risking it flying away.

FairyCrystal 13-09-2019 09:26 PM

When I moved in here I made a special crystal charging place for the Full Moon only to find out when I lived here that place never gets the full moonlight as the house is in the way :/
I get full moonlight all the way in the back of the garden, meaning 15 meters from the house. I'm not comfortable putting them there.
So I put them in the window. They also don't get the full moon light all night long but a good couple of hours.

SapphireBlue 15-09-2019 03:01 AM

Ooh..I didn't know about the synthetic packaging. I bought a rough selenite wand some months ago and I noticed it splintering (I'm guessing this is common with raw selenite). Ironically one suggestion online was to spray it with a bit of water, but being water soluble I was dubious and put it in a little plastic sealable bag.

I use large shells as trays to put my tumbles and place outside on a table or on the window sill.

FairyCrystal 15-09-2019 09:04 AM

In my experience the selenite wand will lose some needles for a bit, but it'll stop. It's just some loose needles on the outside. It concerned me greatly at first as well -I got 2 rough wands- since I want to hold my crystals, now I can, nothing comes off anymore.

And yes, plastic or anything synthetic distorts energy. Natural materials don't.
I don't store my crystals in plastic boxes either for that reason. Like these cheap boxes with small compartments to store screws, nuts & bolts etc. Real easy but I don't use them for my crystals.
I happen to have a wooden thingy with compartments, in the past they used these to store letters in in a print shop. In Dutch it's called a 'letter box'.
I have a few like that, new and made for decoration to hang up on the wall but I got it flat to store many of my tumbles.

SapphireBlue 15-09-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
In my experience the selenite wand will lose some needles for a bit, but it'll stop. It's just some loose needles on the outside. It concerned me greatly at first as well -I got 2 rough wands- since I want to hold my crystals, now I can, nothing comes off anymore.

And yes, plastic or anything synthetic distorts energy. Natural materials don't.
I don't store my crystals in plastic boxes either for that reason. Like these cheap boxes with small compartments to store screws, nuts & bolts etc. Real easy but I don't use them for my crystals.
I happen to have a wooden thingy with compartments, in the past they used these to store letters in in a print shop. In Dutch it's called a 'letter box'.
I have a few like that, new and made for decoration to hang up on the wall but I got it flat to store many of my tumbles.

That's a relief to know with the Selenite. I like to use it for smudging.
Luckily my crystals are in a glass display and on a lead crystal tray and I got one of those terrarium type glass boxes to store my tumbles.
Yes those wooden letter stamp boxes are also a good idea for storing them.

scorpius_rex 16-09-2019 02:37 AM

Put them all in a wooden box or just heavy box with the lid off so they dont blow away

place them in a spot in the box where the sides of the box wont block the moonlight from hitting the stones