Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Past Lives & Reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   PAST LIFE ►► BASED ON FOOD (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=135399)

BigJohn 19-05-2020 05:00 AM

PAST LIFE ►► BASED ON FOOD

We might reflect a past life or lives that we lived in certain parts of the World based on the food we eat today. Our cravings might just give us away.

For example: A person might love tomatoes, hot chili peppers, potatoes, corn, etc. which might mean the person is drawn to this type of food because they had a past life as a Native American.

Is it possible your diet reflects a past life in a certain part of the World?

Elfin 19-05-2020 11:19 AM

Very interesting John. And yes, maybe you have a point. I am fast learning that many things are apparent because of past life. And they do say we carry things over to other lives, for example phobias, scars.. so why not food? Would make complete sense.

BigJohn 19-05-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
Very interesting John. And yes, maybe you have a point. I am fast learning that many things are apparent because of past life. And they do say we carry things over to other lives, for example phobias, scars.. so why not food? Would make complete sense.

When it comes to scars..... birth marks come to mind. I got one in my lower back and another in my right thigh (arrow or spear?)

What foods do you like and does it reflect an area in the World where you might have had a past life?

inavalan 19-05-2020 07:16 PM

This is an intriguing idea.

To me, reincarnation is like an actor playing different characters in different plays. We, here, are those characters.

A method actor identifies with the character to such a degree that he forgets his identity outside the play for the duration of the performance.

Where one character lived shouldn't have any baring on the craving of another character from a different play, even if played by the same actor.

Now, not all actors are good method actors, so there might be some spill from a character to another. Like when you dream, and one scenario morphs into another, and there might be some residual thoughts, feelings, ...

Probably you can't rely on cravings to conclude with a decent probability about past lives.

JosephineB 19-05-2020 07:27 PM

My favourite food is spinach and ricotta cannelloni, and tiramisu for dessert. Also drawn to the Italian red wine. My soul reading said in Roman times I came to Britain as a soldier. Does that mean I was Italian I don't know.

iamthat 19-05-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
My favourite food is spinach and ricotta cannelloni, and tiramisu for dessert. Also drawn to the Italian red wine. My soul reading said in Roman times I came to Britain as a soldier. Does that mean I was Italian I don't know.

I'm not sure if they had tiramisu in Ancient Rome.

But I too feel a strong affinity with Ancient Rome and also the Roman occupation of Britain. I did Latin for eight years at school. Did I choose to study Latin for eight years because of past-life connections to Rome? Or do I feel a connection to Ancient Rome because I did eight years of Latin?

A similar thing with food. Indian is my favourite food. Is that because of past life associations with India? Or is it because I grew up in Asia eating curries from a young age? Possibly both.

Peace

JosephineB 19-05-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
I'm not sure if they had tiramisu in Ancient Rome.

But I too feel a strong affinity with Ancient Rome and also the Roman occupation of Britain. I did Latin for eight years at school. Did I choose to study Latin for eight years because of past-life connections to Rome? Or do I feel a connection to Ancient Rome because I did eight years of Latin?

A similar thing with food. Indian is my favourite food. Is that because of past life associations with India? Or is it because I grew up in Asia eating curries from a young age? Possibly both.

Peace

:biggrin: tiramisu invented in the 1960's!

Maybe we were both Roman soldiers.

iamthat 19-05-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
:biggrin: tiramisu invented in the 1960's!

Maybe we were both Roman soldiers.

Salve Iosephina Bloggus.

Pax

JosephineB 19-05-2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
Salve Iosephina Bloggus.

Pax

Tu quoque Thatus.

Elfin 20-05-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
When it comes to scars..... birth marks come to mind. I got one in my lower back and another in my right thigh (arrow or spear?)

What foods do you like and does it reflect an area in the World where you might have had a past life?

Hi John.. no I'm a bit boring really, as my favourite food of all time is the traditional fish and chips, mushy peas, loads of salt and vinegar, best eaten outdoors around the seaside harbour, which is no different to my life now!!!! (Was best eaten out of newspaper before health and hygiene intervened!!).. I can relate more to scars , phobias etc.. but that is possibly for another thread.