Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Healing (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Seeking Advice on Emotional Healing (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=146725)

johnsonava 25-05-2023 08:59 AM

Seeking Advice on Emotional Healing

Hey everyone,

I've been going through a tough time lately, and I'm really struggling to find ways to heal emotionally. It feels like my heart is heavy, and I can't seem to shake off this sadness. I've tried talking to friends and family, but it hasn't provided much relief.

I was wondering if any of you have been through a similar experience and have any advice on emotional healing? Are there any specific techniques or practices that have helped you in the past? I'm open to trying anything that might bring some peace and healing into my life.

I appreciate any suggestions or personal experiences you can share. Thank you in advance!

Miss Hepburn 25-05-2023 09:18 AM

This is just quick...but EFT is amazing...gotta google it...:smile: Also, Flower Essences are shockingly helpful.
I always say if a broken heart is involved ...Motherwort tincture.
Being aware of the Saturn Cycle or Return is good...also google... helps you know, 'This too will pass.''
Deal with it, tho, since it comes around again at 56.

Me? I can not leave God out of the equation...I talk to Him ..."I know I'm having these feelings for a reason, Lord ...
to learn 'something'...thank you...I trust You."
It always seems better when I smile saying that.
Cuz I do accept these temporary feelings to learn compassion usually or ask myself, "Whassup?"
Best wishes. :)

kris 25-05-2023 02:07 PM

I can only tell you what has helped me. Learning about the meaning of life, the nature of the universe and my place in it has been helpful. Lot of studying is involved in understanding life. My progress on the path of yoga has been extremely beneficial to me.

iamthat 25-05-2023 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsonava
I've been going through a tough time lately, and I'm really struggling to find ways to heal emotionally. It feels like my heart is heavy, and I can't seem to shake off this sadness.

Miss H.'s suggestions of EFT and flower essences are worth pursuing.

It sounds as if there is something within you which wants to come to the surface to be released. This is a natural part of our journey - the inflow of spiritual energy creates pressure which pushes all our stuff to the surface. Where there are any blockages then we have difficulties. And as you say, simply talking with family and friends does not resolve it.

It may be some past experience, some pain or trauma which needs healing. And that healing may involve re-experiencing whatever caused it in the first place. Which we tend to resist because it is painful. But there comes a point where resistance causes more pain than whatever it is we are resisting.

So try resting in the heaviness and sadness. If you can, then embrace whatever feelings arise. If there is emotional pain then dive into that emotional pain. And you might find that what seems painful at first is actually just an energy which flows through us. And if you need to cry then cry - those tears have probably been locked inside for a long time.

When we finally re-experience some deeply trapped emotion then there is a catharsis, a deep release, and we feel freer and lighter.

Of course, none of this may apply to you, but it does sound as if there is something you are carrying around with you.

And it may help to read The Journey by Brandon Bays and The Sedona Method by Hale Dwoskin. They are all about entering the pain and finding the peace which lies beneath.

Peace