Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Judaism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Do you *like* Yahveh? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=88460)

Honza 17-07-2015 01:49 PM

Do you *like* Yahveh?

This God has got some seriously bad press over the years; amongst other things. I've been itching to ask this; do you *like* Yahveh? He is bold, ruthless, personal and many other things. How do you feel about Him?

skygazer 17-07-2015 01:55 PM

you crack me up, Honza. I voted no.

Honza 17-07-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skygazer
you crack me up, Honza. I voted no.

I like to keep you all on your toes!

DavidMcCann 17-07-2015 04:39 PM

I voted "no", but, of course, a guardian God is limited by his material.

Deuteronomy 32.8 (quoted from memory):
"When the Most High divided mankind, he fixed the bounds of the nations according to the number of Gods, and the descendants of Jacob were the allotment of Jahweh."

The bit they don't quote:
- Oh Lord! Do I have to? You can see what they're like: it's going to be genocide and ethnic cleansing all over Canaan, what ever I say!
- Sorry son; I know it's a thankless job, but someone has to do it. Look at it this way. You're probably thinking that Marduk's struck lucky drawing the Babylonians. Well, between you and me, in a few thousand years he'll be out of a job and hardly anyone will remember who the Babylonians were.

Serrao 17-07-2015 10:46 PM

God from back then is the same as God from now.
Nowadays God seems very detached from us.
I believe this was always this way.
The Bible is full of parables and metaphors.

My personal experience with God is very positive, so I voted yes.:hug2:

MIND POWER 18-07-2015 05:53 PM

Don't be scared..........

Yahveh is no God.

I didn't bother voting.

metal68 18-07-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMcCann
I voted "no", but, of course, a guardian God is limited by his material.

Deuteronomy 32.8 (quoted from memory):
"When the Most High divided mankind, he fixed the bounds of the nations according to the number of Gods, and the descendants of Jacob were the allotment of Jahweh."

The bit they don't quote:
- Oh Lord! Do I have to? You can see what they're like: it's going to be genocide and ethnic cleansing all over Canaan, what ever I say!
- Sorry son; I know it's a thankless job, but someone has to do it. Look at it this way. You're probably thinking that Marduk's struck lucky drawing the Babylonians. Well, between you and me, in a few thousand years he'll be out of a job and hardly anyone will remember who the Babylonians were.

Is this that train of thought that says Yahweh isn't the main god but a lesser god? Not the god of creation?

skygazer 19-07-2015 01:45 AM

ah come on, that's not fair, MP :)

Tristran 19-07-2015 01:43 PM

Everyone is naturally born sinful (hateful, vengeful, evil), so logically there is rebellion against the creator of life - God (good, live).

celest 19-07-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristran
Everyone is naturally born sinful (hateful, vengeful, evil), so logically there is rebellion against the creator of life - God (good, live).

I strongly disagree Tristran and I cannot understand who has taught you that everyone is born evil, how can you even think a newborn baby is evil, sinful etc: a new baby is beautiful, innocent, pure and it's quite disturbing to know that some can think otherwise. Please don't waste your time quoting verses of the bible as I am not interested in that nonsense.