Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Exercise (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Walking (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110739)

Shrek 13-02-2017 11:02 AM

Walking

Walking is fun. I do it 1 hour (at least) in the morning and 1 hour in the evening.
I read some article how exercise give you more happiness and I am agree with it.
I find it become so peaceful when I walk (try to be mindfully but sometimes enjoying my wandering mind) around. My body become light, full of energy and enthusiasm.

I do other exercise as well like weightlifting and push up and some guide complete workout from youtube but I know what I am waiting for is walking outside. I want to walk more and more.

Clover 13-02-2017 01:31 PM

Hello Shrek,

Nice seeing you again
I agree it can be therapeutic, do you walk in silence/contemplation or do you have ear buds and hear music

I prefer to jog/run, but walking it good to. I get break a decent sweat with it. :P

shiningstars 13-02-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrek
Walking is fun. I do it 1 hour (at least) in the morning and 1 hour in the evening.
I read some article how exercise give you more happiness and I am agree with it.
I find it become so peaceful when I walk (try to be mindfully but sometimes enjoying my wandering mind) around. My body become light, full of energy and enthusiasm.

I do other exercise as well like weightlifting and push up and some guide complete workout from youtube but I know what I am waiting for is walking outside. I want to walk more and more.

That's a nice post, and encouraging to the less active - thanks Shrek!

Lucky 1 15-02-2017 01:49 AM

I walk...fast and hard about 4 or 5 times a week for about 45 minutes to an hour and love it!

I don't like to run because of the pounding on my knees, ankles and hip joints...but boy do I love to walk!

I hunt the mountains of New Mexico and Colorado every fall for elk and the couple of months leading up to elk season I'll start doing my walks with a loaded back pack to simulate the load I carry while hunting.

It's a great aerobic workout!

ocean breeze 15-02-2017 06:13 AM

I don't have a car. So you can just imagine how much walking i must be doing lol. Especially while traveling.

Thinkershine 15-03-2017 07:46 PM

Physical Body, loves movement.

Walking between beautiful scenery, in nature, brings joy and happiness within our lives. The more we can walk, the better.

In our busy daily lives, most of the people, don't find time to walk. Therefore, for some, having job to which they need to walk, is a great way to get little bit of this wonderful experience.

But, who does find time to walk by himself, out of his choice, is blessed thousand fold; life stretches arms to hug him, showing him the beauty of existence.

Happy Walking :hug2:

~ Thinkershine

blackraven 17-03-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Shrek - That's so wonderful that you fit in 2 hours a day to walk. What a great way to start and end the day. I elliptical 4 days out of the week and weight train 2-3. But when I do get a chance to go walking in place of getting on the elliptical, it just feels so good. It feels great to be outside, take in the smells the scenery, and to work my legs and heart in a way that working out inside just can't compare.

When my dog was alive, I walked every day. It was to exercise her, sure, but even if there was a blizzard or rain storm, I'd still go. Even broke my ankle on ice once because I was too set on going regardless to the weather. It felt like something I just had to do every day. I miss that.

Faith33 17-03-2017 08:46 PM

Walking is something I enjoy as well and get about an hour and a half in, if not more just about everyday. Basically, like ocean breeze, I walk to anywhere I need to go and where I live, there's a lot of uphill and downhill which adds to the intensity of the walk. It becomes second nature and feels so good... really helps when feeling down.

meditationonmind 27-07-2017 04:50 AM

Quote:

i agree, walking is a great way to clear the mine and so peaceful!

Lighthousekeeper 27-07-2017 06:30 AM

Good for all ages, too, not to forget economical, a big bonus!

dianabrown 11-08-2017 07:17 AM

walking

Walking is the ideal exercise to lose extra kilos and it will effectively help you reach your weight loss goal faster. Walking to lose weight helps in the maintenance and development of muscles while burning calories. Even if your goal is not to lose weight, walking provides healthful benefits to the body by improving the lungs and heart. Walking helps to get flat tummy. If weight loss is your goal detox your body to remove toxins and extra calories by drinking adequate amount of water and adding natural weight loss supplements to improve diuretics and metabolism of body. Walking also improve the body's flexibility. It provides long term health benefits and cutting your risk of heart attack, stroke, colon cancer, breast cancer, and diabetes.

TeamEffort 28-08-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I walk...fast and hard about 4 or 5 times a week for about 45 minutes to an hour and love it!

I don't like to run because of the pounding on my knees, ankles and hip joints...but boy do I love to walk!

I hunt the mountains of New Mexico and Colorado every fall for elk and the couple of months leading up to elk season I'll start doing my walks with a loaded back pack to simulate the load I carry while hunting.

It's a great aerobic workout!

This is what we do when the air quality is good enough (except for the hunting part). Most summers there are days or weeks at a time when it's too smoky from forest fires, like it's been this month. Sometimes it clears up enough by late afternoon when it starts to cool off that we can get in a power walk. The person I'm with is getting older and has never had great knees or lungs so we can't really run, so the power walks and hikes work really well for us, especially since she lives at the top of a steep hill. That final stretch is brutal. But it's a good workout.

dianamadalina 30-08-2017 04:29 PM

Walking is the only exercise I get . In the good days I walk 1 hour. I go to the park usually.

EarthAngel 06-09-2017 12:27 PM

I like to go walking, when me and my partner first started doing it we had a tracker app and we were really surprised at the results! It was amazing, I couldn't believe it!

calla lily 09-09-2017 04:16 AM

I also like to walk. When I was working, I would have to walk to the bus stop which is about half an hour. It was a good way to get exercise and clear my mind. I have also read that there are health benefits that are not physical.

In a nice environment and weather, walking is one of the best things to do. :smile:

TheLovingLight 11-09-2017 02:29 PM

I actually enjoy walking, but I would only like walk for 30 minutes, then I just do exercises on an exercise machine. :) I do notice after walking, I would feel alot better.

AmberLarson 17-11-2017 03:41 PM

I try walking during 1-2 hours at least three times a week. At this moment I try not thinking about problems and worries. And I just enjoy small things, like the tree, fresh air, people, sounds.

vinoth 03-02-2018 11:29 AM

Walking is good for our whole body.

Try to do yoga and meditation also.

Tobi 11-02-2018 12:13 AM

I like to walk more than 2-3 miles every day, and it is just a part of my life and always has been. I don't do it to consciously "keep fit" -just because it's a natural part of my life and feels good.

But walking helps all these systems:
Circulatory system
Lungs
Lymphatic system
Digestive system
Brain function
Detoxification (notice how you always need a pee after a good walk!)
Skin health (owing to increased circulation.)
Bones, ligaments and muscles.

Soul Renew 14-02-2018 12:06 AM

I also can't wait to walk~
When the weather gets warmer, I want to go for an early morning walk.
Mornings are so peaceful and nice... ^^

dianeflores 26-03-2018 06:29 AM

Walking helps to burn fat.

Burntfruit 26-03-2018 09:09 PM

I started a new daily walk regime this month. It was going really well, but I have since developed shin splints and now i have to take time off to recover.

It was a case of 'too much too soon'.

I am trying to get fit and lose weight but will have to be patient as I recover.

Serenity69 20-04-2018 07:50 PM

I Walked 3 Miles Burning 497 Calories

kellyshane 18-06-2018 01:51 PM

I really like walking as well. I really like thinking or listening to music whileI'm walking.

johnsonraider 26-07-2018 05:44 PM

Walking is really handwork for making healthy legs and body.

I also walk everyday 30 minutes with fast speed as possible as. and also do exercise. This is good activity for me, I am getting change in my body.

Doing exercise for long time its increase your healthy life.

Burntfruit 12-09-2018 06:10 PM

I am going for a day hike tomorrow. Excited and looking forward to it. :)

Burntfruit 13-09-2018 04:54 PM

I did my day hike. It was a 10 miler - 4.5 hours. I was exhausted and had a sore hip for the second half. I need to limit myself to 2 hour walks until I am in better shape before I try one again.

It was good though, and i got some nice photos.

EnlightenedPursuits 23-09-2018 04:45 PM

Walking is great because you can relax your focus, as you've said.

Our focus needs to be razor sharp in every aspect of our lives on a daily basis, you can definitely get worn out; it's nice to take some time away from that...

...while still getting some low impact exercise in!

Shrek 08-12-2018 06:48 AM

So many people love walking here

I did walking for a long time before.

But now I love weightlifting more and stop walking. Gain more muscle for upper and lower body. Six day training and rest on sunday.

The strengh increase significantly so my health as well. I used to be thin guy before.

All exercise is good as long as we enjoy it. Have a nice one guys.
One more thing, I do Intermittent Fasting now. IF and Weightlifting really make my health better.

Let's lead a healthy lifestyle

Philos_Tone 19-12-2018 05:08 PM

Hi, everyone. It's great to read all this enthusiasm for exercise. To the person with shin splints, be careful. Be sure to get extra protein. You can't conquer the world in one day. Just do little bits when you feel up to it. And the protein is what the body uses to repair injury. Some of the protein supplements are 50 grams of protein.

I fell a couple times and broke 2 bones in my legs. When I first started my exercise, I could only go about 30 feet before having to turn back because I was tired. Now, 5 weeks later, I am doing almost a mile.

Thanks

Have a great day.

jojobean 15-03-2019 01:52 PM

I have a fitbit and have joined a couple of daily walking challenges and also a workweek hustle challenge. I have a desk job, so I was hardly getting any exercise during the week. Now that I have a fitbit and have accountability, I've been working my way up to almost 3 miles a day. I'm currently at 2 - 2 1/2 miles. It has worked wonders on getting myself back into some type of shape - and I'm supposed to keep a little more active now that I've been diagnosed with borderline Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Rah nam 15-03-2019 11:10 PM

It helped my a lot to pay attention to proper walking techniques.

Anala 19-03-2019 12:47 PM

I walk with a friend and have the most amazing adventures and take photos along the way. We exercise and vent and boost each other up! All within the square mile of our town. :smile:

Mr_Determined 31-12-2019 02:30 AM

Two feet and a heart beat. :walk: I think it's better than crawling!

BigJohn 30-01-2020 01:56 AM

Right now, walking about 7 hours a day and feel it. Not in very good shape.

BigJohn 02-02-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Right now, walking about 7 hours a day and feel it. Not in very good shape.

I have hit the 2 week mark of walking about 7 hours or more per day..... starting to feel a little better.

The Planchette 01-03-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
I have hit the 2 week mark of walking about 7 hours or more per day..... starting to feel a little better.

Wow John, 7 hours a day! How many miles do you cover a week?

LucidPowerMind 26-04-2020 10:55 AM

I prefer to have walks in the mountain!

Preferably with music :)

anadybella 22-05-2020 08:19 AM

I love morning walk and go every day. It fresh my mind and gives me energy.

keepitsimple 23-05-2020 04:41 PM

i remember tales of grandads walking 20 miles to work and back every day - must have been from around the start of the 1900s