Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Natural Remedies (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Headache (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137637)

Miharo 27-10-2020 06:43 PM

Headache

Dear all,
I want to ask what could help getting rid of headaches, which I had quite constantly the past few days.
I used essential mint oil, which helped in the beginning.. but not anymore..

Any other ideas what could help? Anything, pretty please 🙏🏻

Thank you

astralsuzy 02-11-2020 08:07 AM

When I get a mild headache I make myself a cup of tea. I sit down and I just relax. I listen to relaxing music. It does not have to be tea, it could be coffee. My headaches goes quickly. I always drink a glass of water first.

ameliorate 06-11-2020 07:29 PM

Have you tried massaging your head with your fingertips? Often you will find a sore/tender spot and this locates where the headache can spring from. Gentle, circular movements (with fingertips) can make the difference! Initially it might feel painful but, working very lightly, the pain often dissipates. I share this from personal experience e.g. when I used to get the onset of sinusitis (I'd massage the tender spots either side at the top of my nose.) It's acupressure by any other name.

Constant headaches may well need looking at though, i.e to be diagnosed since they can be an indicator of something else, unless you know the cause e.g. stress related. If it's this then dealing with the cause at onset would be advantageous rather than letting it develop into a headache later.

Miharo 08-11-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ameliorate
Have you tried massaging your head with your fingertips? Often you will find a sore/tender spot and this locates where the headache can spring from. Gentle, circular movements (with fingertips) can make the difference! Initially it might feel painful but, working very lightly, the pain often dissipates. I share this from personal experience e.g. when I used to get the onset of sinusitis (I'd massage the tender spots either side at the top of my nose.) It's acupressure by any other name.

Constant headaches may well need looking at though, i.e to be diagnosed since they can be an indicator of something else, unless you know the cause e.g. stress related. If it's this then dealing with the cause at onset would be advantageous rather than letting it develop into a headache later.

Thank you for your recommendation. Yeah, I’m familiar with the technique you described.
It seemed the reason was really emotional stress I had because of a sudden illness in my family. I just couldn’t see it at that time. I finally understood after feeling really drained. So the solution was detachment and self care in the end.

All the best 🙏🏻

Miharo 08-11-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astralsuzy
When I get a mild headache I make myself a cup of tea. I sit down and I just relax. I listen to relaxing music. It does not have to be tea, it could be coffee. My headaches goes quickly. I always drink a glass of water first.

Usually that helps, but it didn’t this time.
Fortunately I figured out the reason ( emotionally drained) and could take care of it..
Thank you anyway for caring, all the best 🙏🏻

Elfin 12-11-2020 08:42 AM

Hi... Lavender oil is often used to ease headaches/ migraines.... Either by inhaling for at least 15 minutes... Or putting a small ammount directly on forehead/temples... Lavender oil is one of the very few oils that can be used directly on skin, in small ammounts. However, in order for it to work properly, ideally you do actually have to like the smell of it. I personally don't like it, so therefore have never used it in this way, but it is meant to be quite effective..... Also I would always advise, that if any condition comes on suddenly, and persists, to check with doctor first for any further possible medical issues.

Miharo 13-11-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi... Lavender oil is often used to ease headaches/ migraines.... Either by inhaling for at least 15 minutes... Or putting a small ammount directly on forehead/temples... Lavender oil is one of the very few oils that can be used directly on skin, in small ammounts. However, in order for it to work properly, ideally you do actually have to like the smell of it. I personally don't like it, so therefore have never used it in this way, but it is meant to be quite effective..... Also I would always advise, that if any condition comes on suddenly, and persists, to check with doctor first for any further possible medical issues.

Thank you Elfin, that sounds good.. I love Lavender oil, but never tried it for headaches.. I’ll try it next time, although I hope there will be no need :smile:

Wishing you good health and all the best 🙏🏻💗

Elfin 18-11-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miharo
Thank you Elfin, that sounds good.. I love Lavender oil, but never tried it for headaches.. I’ll try it next time, although I hope there will be no need :smile:

Wishing you good health and all the best 🙏🏻💗

Hi... I also hope there is no need...if you love the smell I would recommend you invest in a little bottle of it... Because if nothing else you might just simply like to burn it in a burner !... If you use it for headaches, and feel one coming on, you can just inhale it straight from the bottle, or as I said.. rub a little into your temple area..... I used to deal a lot with aromatherapy and had to learn all about it.

Elfin 18-11-2020 10:02 AM

P.s miharo... Best wishes and the best of health to you too...(I'm forgetting my manners !!.)...

Miharo 18-11-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi... I also hope there is no need...if you love the smell I would recommend you invest in a little bottle of it... Because if nothing else you might just simply like to burn it in a burner !... If you use it for headaches, and feel one coming on, you can just inhale it straight from the bottle, or as I said.. rub a little into your temple area..... I used to deal a lot with aromatherapy and had to learn all about it.

Coincidentally I always have a bottle with me, as I found it soothing to smell it in need :smile:

I’m not worried about your manners, no stress.. thank you 🙏🏻

BigJohn 07-12-2020 04:21 AM

Quote:

Dear all,
I want to ask what could help getting rid of headaches, which I had quite constantly the past few days.
I used essential mint oil, which helped in the beginning.. but not anymore..

Any other ideas what could help? Anything, pretty please 🙏🏻

Thank you

Something that works for me...... is Camphor Oil.

That oil clears 'my head' and 'grounds' me to the here and now.

I hope things get better for your Father............... and for yourself.

Miharo 08-12-2020 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Something that works for me...... is Camphor Oil.

That oil clears 'my head' and 'grounds' me to the here and now.

I hope things get better for your Father............... and for yourself.

Thanks for the recommendation, sounds good.
I’ll try it out..

BigJohn 11-12-2020 05:44 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the recommendation, sounds good.
I’ll try it out..

Maybe you can go some places that has samplers and try it for free.

You might like Eucalyptus oil.

Miharo 11-12-2020 05:52 AM

Too late for samples.
Coincidentally it just jumped in my way the other day, so I already have one.
I like the flavour..

ThatMan 13-12-2020 05:38 PM

A breathing exercise.

Inhale, hold for few moments and exhale and wait for few moments, then repeat the process on and on. Breath through your nose, do this again and again and again until the pain gets lower and lower, eventually, it goes away. I've done this a couple of times, it works, at least for me.

Try this for let's say 10 minutes when you have a headache, usually, a headache appears because of head tension.

Miharo 14-12-2020 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatMan
A breathing exercise.

Inhale, hold for few moments and exhale and wait for few moments, then repeat the process on and on. Breath through your nose, do this again and again and again until the pain gets lower and lower, eventually, it goes away. I've done this a couple of times, it works, at least for me.

Try this for let's say 10 minutes when you have a headache, usually, a headache appears because of head tension.

Thank you for sharing, sounds good.. I’ll try it out .
All the best to you

AbodhiSky 21-12-2020 01:38 AM

coffee does work sometimes because of the cafeen

astralsuzy 21-12-2020 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatMan
A breathing exercise.

Excellent advice. If a headache is caused by stress by relaxing can help the headache go. I will try the inhaling etc. If I have a very bad headache and feel sick because of the headache I take medication and lie down where it is quiet. If it is that bad nothing seems to work. I wait for it to go. It usually takes several hours and can last longer.

astralsuzy 21-12-2020 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
coffee does work sometimes because of the cafeen

Coffee will work because it is relaxing. A cup of tea will also work because it is relaxing. Anything you find relaxing helps the headache to go and I do not take medication for it.

PMPM71 09-01-2021 11:26 PM

Maybe this will sound stupid but what works for me, and I'm not joking, is if i have a headache i put on my headphones and listen "Here to stay" from Korn. For some reason vibrations of that song always makes it go away, but maybe its just me or placebo effect of working the first time out of luck.

Miharo 10-01-2021 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMPM71
Maybe this will sound stupid but what works for me, and I'm not joking, is if i have a headache i put on my headphones and listen "Here to stay" from Korn. For some reason vibrations of that song always makes it go away, but maybe its just me or placebo effect of working the first time out of luck.

Ha ha.. nice.. I’m open to unconventional approaches..
Maybe I give it a shot.. thanks

Miss Hepburn 08-02-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMPM71
Maybe this will sound stupid but what works for me, and I'm not joking, is if i have a headache
i put on my headphones and listen "Here to stay" from Korn. For some reason vibrations of that song always makes it go away,
but maybe its just me or placebo effect of working the first time out of luck.

Too funny, I will also try that, LOL....tho, I never listen to heavy metal, loud music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr3x7tS__dE

And the coffee does work for me, also.
I have no stress, but am having blood pressure fluctuations causing them lately.
Coffee ...and all gone! :coffee2:

Miharo 08-02-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Too funny, I will also try that, LOL....tho, I never listen to heavy metal, loud music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr3x7tS__dE

And the coffee does work for me, also.
I have no stress, but am having blood pressure fluctuations causing them lately.
Coffee ...and all gone! :coffee2:

Next time maybe trying the combination of both.. first coffee, then the song

AbodhiSky 30-07-2021 07:22 AM

Coffee works for my friend as well.

Silver01 23-09-2021 01:48 PM

COVID 19 headache is new. FYI--
In some patients, the severe headache of COVID-19 only lasts a few days, while in others, it can last up to months. It is presenting mostly as a whole-head, severe-pressure pain. It's different than migraine, which by definition is unilateral throbbing with sensitivity to light or sound, or nausea.

Silver01 23-09-2021 02:25 PM

I too had sudden shrap pains all of a sudden which would go away if I take medicine but I preferred not to since I don't want my body to be corrupted with medicine. I have people having two tablets at once or preferring powerful pain killers or having each day one. This I call it as corruption. I try to bear it by applying balm and ayurvedic hair oil. Head massages too I do it myself. It gives me instant relief. Moreover, I check on myself using My Health Calculator

Madamedude 19-10-2021 10:47 AM

One thing that can help is red tiger balm, you apply a little on your forehead in a line and towards your temples.

Dude111 13-11-2021 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ameliorate
Have you tried massaging your head with your fingertips?

Yes that does work!!

Also pressing between your thumb and hand works also I have noticed....

Sir Neil 19-11-2021 09:29 PM

To tell you the truth, a lot of headaches are caused simply by dehydration. Drink a pint of water and then see if it goes away. To prevent them coming, drink about 3 pints of water spread throughout each day.

astralsuzy 26-11-2021 09:47 AM

That is true Sir Neil. I used to get lots of headaches a long time ago. I was dehydrated. I did not realise it at the time. I keep up my water intake regularly and I hardly ever get a headache. If I get a headache it is usually caused by stress.