Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Channeling (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   is it possible ......... ? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89909)

Adrienne 19-08-2015 06:36 PM

is it possible ......... ?

Is it possible to channel someone and not really know WHO you are channeling ?

Odd question, I know .... but the thought just recently occurred to me.

In reading thru this section and other areas of the forum, just about everyone who channels seems to know who it is they are channeling. Is this because they start out their channeling session, asking to ' speak/ hear ' from someone in particular ?

and I am guessing, correct me if I am wrong, that one cannot channel someone who is still living ?

and just for clarification, I am not speaking about the messages a medium/ or psychic receives from deceased relatives.... in my mind that is something totally different from what I understand channeling to be.

Thanks much for any replies. :smile:

Adrienne

CrystalSong 20-08-2015 08:08 AM

Not sure if it would be called 'channeling' or not, but to me it is:
Sometimes when I'm working with someone, I get one message from them and their Higher Self gives me a different one. (Not surprising as we are often not in accord with our Higher Aspect)

vespa68 20-08-2015 09:29 AM

Intuition tells me who I am channeling. Its usually a feeling and a name and image will come through. You cannot channel someone who is alive because when you channel the whole energy of the deceased person uses your body. Although you can use telepathy with a person who is alive to communicate. Perhaps clairaudience would also work with someone alive too but in any case both people would have to be very evolved.

CrystalSong 20-08-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vespa68
Although you can use telepathy with a person who is alive to communicate. Perhaps clairaudience would also work with someone alive too but in any case both people would have to be very evolved.

Ah this must be it. It's all sorta the same thing to me really, maybe because when dealing with spirits, higher self of person also in living body and spirits of those passed over, and my Higher Self it's all 'spirit world' communication. All telepathy, images and feelings. Actually, its the same with animals and trees.
Yeah, actually it's all sort of the same thing to me - communicating with the Spirit aspect of the being whether its in body currently or not..
Guess I'm not very helpful Adrienne. Sorry. :icon_frown:

Adrienne 20-08-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vespa68
Intuition tells me who I am channeling. Its usually a feeling and a name and image will come through. You cannot channel someone who is alive because when you channel the whole energy of the deceased person uses your body. Although you can use telepathy with a person who is alive to communicate. Perhaps clairaudience would also work with someone alive too but in any case both people would have to be very evolved.

Thanks vespa for confirming what I was thinking, regarding using telepathy to communicate with a person who is alive and not channeling. I would think that with practice, the telepathy connection could become stronger.

I was wondering, when you channel, do you just wait for whatever feeling, name and image comes thru ? Or do you specifically ask for a particular spirit to speak with ?

Adrienne 20-08-2015 12:20 PM

CrystalSong, you have always been helpful to me with your replies to my questions. :hug:

The " Higher Self " aspect confuses me, lol .... as I am not really sure what that is.

When I think of receiving messages from spirits, deceased relatives, etc. I usually think of mediumship and having a reading done from a Medium, or direct communication that I can do myself.

When I think of channeling, I am thinking of people who channel for example Seth, or perhaps some famous person that passed away, either a long time ago or not so long ago. Guess the time doesn't really matter.

or perhaps channeling and the communications from deceased relatives are the same thing, just different wording ?

Adrienne 20-08-2015 12:24 PM

Specific question then.........

has anyone actually sat down and asked to speak with someone , say an author, a chef, a famous painter from long ago and felt that they really did speak with this person ?

It might be best NOT to reveal the actual name, but if you want to say 15th century or something timewise its fine.....

just a little bit about the experience if you like, or just a yes/ no answer is fine too. :smile:

I want to try this but haven't done so yet.

John32241 20-08-2015 03:18 PM

Hi,

In that 2nd Anna Grandmother of Jesus book the authors did this constantly. In the last chapter they contacted a custodian for the scriptures of Christ as recorded by his family. They introduced them self as from the future and warned the custodian about the efforts of the church to suppress these teaching. As a result of this experience the custodian moved the most important scriptures from Avalon to Scotland where they are hidden away to this day.

Very much like CrystalSong I use telepathy with living humans and their higher selves. The conventional word for this is channeling. I find it best to advise the human ahead of time before making a connection like this with them. A number of times I have been guided to Not Think about some person. That is because if I do I will create this connection with them and that they are not prepared for such an experience. This is why I schedule appointments for telepathy sessions with people and do not show up unannounced.

Now there are tribes of aborigine who are all telepathic. This would not be necessary for them. Only the modern day civilized human in our culture is easily frightened by spirit communications. Where more often than not a loving being will be experience as a demonic creature. Always keep in mind who you are connecting with and their degree of receptivity to your communications with them.

Naturally these are my views and experiences on such things. I can not speak for any one else.

John

vespa68 20-08-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Thanks vespa for confirming what I was thinking, regarding using telepathy to communicate with a person who is alive and not channeling. I would think that with practice, the telepathy connection could become stronger.

I was wondering, when you channel, do you just wait for whatever feeling, name and image comes thru ? Or do you specifically ask for a particular spirit to speak with ?

Its mainly spirit coming to me but sometimes I will call out to them too.

CrystalSong 20-08-2015 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienne
CrystalSong, you have always been helpful to me with your replies to my questions. :hug:

The " Higher Self " aspect confuses me, lol .... as I am not really sure what that is.

When I think of receiving messages from spirits, deceased relatives, etc. I usually think of mediumship and having a reading done from a Medium, or direct communication that I can do myself.

When I think of channeling, I am thinking of people who channel for example Seth, or perhaps some famous person that passed away, either a long time ago or not so long ago. Guess the time doesn't really matter.

or perhaps channeling and the communications from deceased relatives are the same thing, just different wording ?

Ah like channeling Seth, like a trance medium or someone who literally steps aside and lets another spirit come in and use the body to speak.
I've not done that.

I've always acted like a translator between realms. Meaning I'm in telepathic contact with, say the deceased person, and via telepathy they express, tell me whatever and I say it out load to the person who's with me, who them comments back or says something which the person in spirit of course hears and makes their response to me and I again share that response with the person in front of me. So I'm just sort of a switchboard or translator turning telepathy into the spoken word for two beings.

I've only let one being come into me, and that is an alternate self who's timeline is what we'd consider as the end of the last Ice Age, and probably call an early Homoenthus.
We have used each other as gateways several times to enter each others timelines and explore. Somehow that feels normal to me, but say having Seth or Abraham Lincoln come into me doesn't. lol
Or at least not yet.

Who's to say? There's so much to learn and explore still... and I'm very aware this body is one of many I've had and will have, its sort of the vehicle for this round on Planet Earth, so I don't mind if some being of Higher Frequency who's entirely love based wants to use it to speak directly to someone and not have to use this bumbling translator :D

(Higher Self to me is the Eternal Being I am, the one between human incarnations, that is also here with the physical me but I was unaware of until about 5 years ago, it is an Aspect of the Divine incarnating into physicality.)