Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Massage (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   MASSAGE OILS? (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=134245)

BigJohn 12-03-2020 07:44 AM

MASSAGE OILS?
 
Has anybody made their own massage oils?

Elfin 20-08-2020 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Has anybody made their own massage oils?

....Hi.... I used to mix my own from a base oil and experiment mixing different aromatherapy oils together etc.... But I have never actually made my own oils, if that's what you mean.....

BigJohn 21-08-2020 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
....Hi.... I used to mix my own from a base oil and experiment mixing different aromatherapy oils together etc.... But I have never actually made my own oils, if that's what you mean.....


What you first said is what I meant.

I work with oils every once in a while.

Over the years, I have added more oils.


With the oils, I regularly make my own incense and bottle up some of the oils.


What oils did you mostly work with?

Elfin 22-08-2020 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
What you first said is what I meant.

I work with oils every once in a while.

Over the years, I have added more oils.


With the oils, I regularly make my own incense and bottle up some of the oils.


What oils did you mostly work with?

Hi....Oh it would be quicker to tell you which oils I DIDNT work with. I was obsessed with aromatherapy oils. Hosted parties each month and built up my collection over several months . Eventually a business associate suggest we went into our own aromatherapy business together. For this we had to do a training course and learn everything about each oil..it's uses..how to use...how to mix..which can go directly on skin ( very very few )...which ones to use for certain ailments...which ones to avoid for certain ailments etc etc....But I had so much fun at home , used them for everything...I became like a mad professor...!!.... Then just before the business was due to launch, he pulled out saying he was too busy to take it on, and I was not in a position to take on the venture on my own....

BigJohn 22-08-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi....Oh it would be quicker to tell you which oils I DIDNT work with. I was obsessed with aromatherapy oils. Hosted parties each month and built up my collection over several months . Eventually a business associate suggest we went into our own aromatherapy business together. For this we had to do a training course and learn everything about each oil..it's uses..how to use...how to mix..which can go directly on skin ( very very few )...which ones to use for certain ailments...which ones to avoid for certain ailments etc etc....But I had so much fun at home , used them for everything...I became like a mad professor...!!.... Then just before the business was due to launch, he pulled out saying he was too busy to take it on, and I was not in a position to take on the venture on my own....


AMAZING!

I learn something new.....
about you every day.


I have at least 2 - 1 gallon jugs of 'something' that 'cuts' the oils down. Why I say 'something' is when I buy it, I just say the 'stuff that cuts the oil'. Also, the 2 - 1 gallon jugs neither have labels on them.

Elfin 23-08-2020 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
AMAZING!

I learn something new.....
about you every day.


I have at least 2 - 1 gallon jugs of 'something' that 'cuts' the oils down. Why I say 'something' is when I buy it, I just say the 'stuff that cuts the oil'. Also, the 2 - 1 gallon jugs neither have labels on them.

LOL.....are you sure it's not engine oil..??.....!!!

BigJohn 23-08-2020 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
LOL.....are you sure it's not engine oil..??.....!!!

LOL!

I buy from 2 companies and the 'stuff' comes in a 1 gallon jug. No label. and I have forgotten what it is called....

Maybe I should be more attentive.....


Sometimes....I get stuff I really do not know what to do with them. For example, right by my table is a bottle of oil of sassafras. I got this oil..... really long story.

Elfin 24-08-2020 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
LOL!

I buy from 2 companies and the 'stuff' comes in a 1 gallon jug. No label. and I have forgotten what it is called....

Maybe I should be more attentive.....


Sometimes....I get stuff I really do not know what to do with them. For example, right by my table is a bottle of oil of sassafras. I got this oil..... really long story.

.....JOHN..!!!!!!...... Oh dear lord... Are you fit to be let loose???..... And more to the point, am I now in danger of "aiding and abetting" and withholding information....where can I hide ??...

BigJohn 24-08-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
.....JOHN..!!!!!!...... Oh dear lord... Are you fit to be let loose???..... And more to the point, am I now in danger of "aiding and abetting" and withholding information....where can I hide ??...


I can put an air conditioner in my shed and you can hide in there.

I will make sure nobody comes in .........

Elfin 25-08-2020 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
I can put an air conditioner in my shed and you can hide in there.

I will make sure nobody comes in .........

....Ooohh... Yes please....All that lovely sunshine and heat!....I'm on my way!....Ah...but I know your game....you'll be wanting a massage or two to test the oils LOL...

BigJohn 26-08-2020 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
....Ooohh... Yes please....All that lovely sunshine and heat!....I'm on my way!....Ah...but I know your game....you'll be wanting a massage or two to test the oils LOL...

I was expecting a lot more massages then just 1 or 2! LOL!

Elfin 26-08-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
I was expecting a lot more massages then just 1 or 2! LOL!

...LOL.....yes ive heard all about your hundred or odd massage oils lined up !

BigJohn 26-08-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
...LOL.....yes ive heard all about your hundred or odd massage oils lined up !

and those are mostly 1 pound bottles of oil.

For a massage, you only use just a little bit....
so with my math, I guess you will be staying for a long time!

Elfin 26-08-2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
and those are mostly 1 pound bottles of oil.

For a massage, you only use just a little bit....
so with my math, I guess you will be staying for a long time!

LOL.....but here's the thing....I could "pretend" that I'm only there to pamper you....but in real life we all know it's only the sun, and heat that draws me.....however ....I am grateful for the loan of your shed.....

BigJohn 27-08-2020 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
LOL.....but here's the thing....I could "pretend" that I'm only there to pamper you....but in real life we all know it's only the sun, and heat that draws me.....however ....I am grateful for the loan of your shed.....


I forgot to mention, I accidentally spelt a certain oil in the shed.......

so I think you might want me around.

Elfin 27-08-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
I forgot to mention, I accidentally spelt a certain oil in the shed.......

so I think you might want me around.

THE PATCHOULI....LOL...

BigJohn 27-08-2020 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
THE PATCHOULI....LOL...

You must be psychic!

I have Patchouli oil and also White Patchouli oil.

I even have Patchouli as an incense and as a herb.


I you look inside your pillow, I put some Patchouli herb inside!

Elfin 28-08-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
You must be psychic!

I have Patchouli oil and also White Patchouli oil.

I even have Patchouli as an incense and as a herb.


I you look inside your pillow, I put some Patchouli herb inside!

Oh...!!!!..... Thank you..!!... You know I love that stuff lol...and you love that I love that stuff lol....

BigJohn 28-08-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
Oh...!!!!..... Thank you..!!... You know I love that stuff lol...and you love that I love that stuff lol....


There must be something else you love............

Elfin 28-08-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
There must be something else you love............

There are many things I love...where shall I start?....maybe we can whittle it down LOL...

BigJohn 28-08-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
There are many things I love...where shall I start?....maybe we can whittle it down LOL...


What is one of the biggest loves in your life.....
the one who you spend the most time chatting with?

Elfin 29-08-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
What is one of the biggest loves in your life.....
the one who you spend the most time chatting with?

Well obviously I mostly talk to myself. But that's what happens when you're "me" LOL.... But granted .. I do appear on the "surface" to talk a lot to you.....which I love... But then I'm thinking all the time "is he just being polite" LOL....

BigJohn 30-08-2020 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
Well obviously I mostly talk to myself. But that's what happens when you're "me" LOL.... But granted .. I do appear on the "surface" to talk a lot to you.....which I love... But then I'm thinking all the time "is he just being polite" LOL....


If you had to reduce what you wrote to 3 simple words, what would they be?

Elfin 04-09-2020 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you had to reduce what you wrote to 3 simple words, what would they be?

...I love you ?!!!!!...... ( Or maybe "more coffee please".!!)....

BigJohn 04-09-2020 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
...I love you ?!!!!!...... ( Or maybe "more coffee please".!!)....


It seems like you are not too sure of the first response.........

Are you asking me a question?

Elfin 04-09-2020 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
It seems like you are not too sure of the first response.........

Are you asking me a question?

...NO ...LOL.... I thought you were "daring" me to say something outrageous...!!!!!!!!!!....... You and I would have been those mischievous little kids in school that were always getting in trouble....!!!!!....

BigJohn 04-09-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
...NO ...LOL.... I thought you were "daring" me to say something outrageous...!!!!!!!!!!....... You and I would have been those mischievous little kids in school that were always getting in trouble....!!!!!....


Oooooh my.........

Were you the School Principal's daughter that was in my school
in 2nd grade who made a ball out of slush which froze over night and then
the next day hit me in the head with it and knocked me out?

Elfin 04-09-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Oooooh my.........

Were you the School Principal's daughter that was in my school
in 2nd grade who made a ball out of slush which froze over night and then
the next day hit me in the head with it and knocked me out?

YES..... THAT WAS ME !!!!.... LOL.... And then we moved away!!!! Shame we moved so far apart.... We could have gone into business together with the crystals and massage oils....

BigJohn 04-09-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
YES..... THAT WAS ME !!!!.... LOL.... And then we moved away!!!! Shame we moved so far apart.... We could have gone into business together with the crystals and massage oils....


I knew it!

You could have sold the crystals while I massage you with the oils ..................

Elfin 04-09-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
I knew it!

You could have sold the crystals while I massage you with the oils ..................

....LOLOL..... i don't quite know how that would have worked !!!!!......

BigJohn 04-09-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
....LOLOL..... i don't quite know how that would have worked !!!!!......



Well...... this is the Massage Thread...........

BigJohn 04-09-2020 04:58 PM

Let's look at some blends....

I like Rose oil with a little bit of Lemon Grass Oil to give it a more exotic smell, what do you think?

Elfin 05-09-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Let's look at some blends....

I like Rose oil with a little bit of Lemon Grass Oil to give it a more exotic smell, what do you think?

Hi..... Well that's it then.. I cannot possibly come and live with you now.. we are not compatible.... Rose oil is probably my least favourite aroma of oils, along with lavender....LOL.... I'm really just not keen at all on any of the floral fragrances.... Too sweet for me by far.... However I do love all the citrus fragrances , Lemon in particular... I buy so many lemons in real life.... But never to eat !!! I use them for cleaning and all-sorts. I like also the woody earthy aromas.. and also the peppermint and eucalyptus aromas.....

BigJohn 06-09-2020 05:43 AM

Don't frit!!! I was only thinking that about Rose and Lemon grass.
You can still come.........

Maybe I should devote more time to Patchouli.

As for Peppermint, I really love her smell.


I also love Eucalyptus oil and I also love Camphor oil. I got to see what the smell would be like combining the latter two.
What do you think?

Elfin 06-09-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Don't frit!!! I was only thinking that about Rose and Lemon grass.
You can still come.........

Maybe I should devote more time to Patchouli.

As for Peppermint, I really love her smell.


I also love Eucalyptus oil and I also love Camphor oil. I got to see what the smell would be like combining the latter two.
What do you think?

Hi... Worth a try mixing the latter two, although I've not worked with Camphor oil myself, should work well with Eucalyptus... Anything like that excellent for aiding congestion..sinuses .... Reminds me of olbas oil we use on pillow to ease a bad cold. Or the Vicks chest rub etc... Love the smell of those!!... In fact I could eat Vicks straight from the tub LOL...( Don't worry , I won't!)....

BigJohn 06-09-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi... Worth a try mixing the latter two, although I've not worked with Camphor oil myself, should work well with Eucalyptus... Anything like that excellent for aiding congestion..sinuses .... Reminds me of olbas oil we use on pillow to ease a bad cold. Or the Vicks chest rub etc... Love the smell of those!!... In fact I could eat Vicks straight from the tub LOL...( Don't worry , I won't!)....


Olbas oil?
I am not familiar with that one so I looked it up. Sounds great. Was surprised that it can even be used as a massage oil!


As for me, if I want to get focused, Camphor does the job very fast.

A question I have always wanted to ask deals with Frankincense and Myrrh Oil. Frankincense Oil and Myrrh Oil are each essential oils but when combined, they become a blend but it seems they are always considered and sold as an essential oil. I wonder if anybody else has noticed that irregularity?

Elfin 07-09-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Olbas oil?
I am not familiar with that one so I looked it up. Sounds great. Was surprised that it can even be used as a massage oil!


As for me, if I want to get focused, Camphor does the job very fast.

A question I have always wanted to ask deals with Frankincense and Myrrh Oil. Frankincense Oil and Myrrh Oil are each essential oils but when combined, they become a blend but it seems they are always considered and sold as an essential oil. I wonder if anybody else has noticed that irregularity?

No ..not noticed.... I had frankincense oil once .. but that was all....

BigJohn 08-09-2020 04:35 AM

Made some massage oil today.

1 pound of Shea Butter.

1 pound of Coconut Oil

2 ounces of Patchouli Oil.

I was surprised, The Patchouli Oil is barely noticeable.

Elfin 08-09-2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Made some massage oil today.

1 pound of Shea Butter.

1 pound of Coconut Oil

2 ounces of Patchouli Oil.

I was surprised, The Patchouli Oil is barely noticeable.

I love Shea butter... And patchouli.... You only added a small ammount of patchouli, so the fragrance may have been a little lost.... I know patchouli has a strong distinct woody tone,and you wouldn't have wanted to lose the others by adding too much. Try just a little more... Having said that, the benefit of the patchouli would still be present ...

BigJohn 09-09-2020 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
I love Shea butter... And patchouli.... You only added a small ammount of patchouli, so the fragrance may have been a little lost.... I know patchouli has a strong distinct woody tone,and you wouldn't have wanted to lose the others by adding too much. Try just a little more... Having said that, the benefit of the patchouli would still be present ...


I already tried the massage oil on my arms. I would say it has improved my arms considerably. As for the Patchouli Oil, I can smell it now. Yesterday, I do not think I could smell it because I was overwhelmed by the smell.

What oil should I try for tomorrow, any suggestions?


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums