Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Can the mind (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=145337)

sky 17-11-2022 06:51 PM

Can the mind

which is naturally dualistic create the sense of separation from God ?

FallingLeaves 17-11-2022 08:55 PM

one can draw a line in the sand, anywhere one wants, and then step to whichever side of the line one wants to step to.

FWIW in my view most people choose to assume the lines some other person/people have described is best, and that there is a best side to step to based on the same types of descriptions...

muffin 18-11-2022 02:03 AM

Good afternoon sky :smile:

Two houses comes to mind

James 1:22-25

hope your keeping well and out of trouble :biggrin:

Miss Hepburn 18-11-2022 01:06 PM

Can the mind create a sense of separation from God? -
That is it's very nature.

Now, can the limited mind, which is dualistic in nature, create the sense of oneness and union with God?
Or
can going beyond the mind to utter stillness to just awareness unveil the oneness
with God ?

sky 19-11-2022 06:26 AM

"The chief thing that separates us from God is the thought that we are separated from God."

Thomas Keating.

sky 19-11-2022 06:55 AM

“that they all be one; as you, Father, are in me, and I am in you, also may they be in us” (John 17.21).

This Verse seems to me to take a second dimension of non-duality and refers to what we now call Christ Consciousness.....

AngelBlue 19-11-2022 09:23 AM

...my tuppence worth.
The "mind" is complex beyond comprehension , a bit like the universe ... It is infinite with its ability to hold and store information .
It is probably the most amazing "invention " in all of creation.

But it is so so so so SO very fragile.
Despite its complexity it is so fragile and can be damaged so easily ,just like a birds egg stolen from it's nest.

So even though it is superior in its evolution it can so easily be destroyed because of its fragility in one form or another.

Illness... Preaching ... Brainwashing ....
Believing those that want to cause harm...
Trauma from events that cause the mind to switch off.
Beatings , torture , rape , watching loved ones suffer... Seeing little children go through hell..Wars, violence ...
It's endless .
Having to cope with all of this is horrible and makes one wonder how any of us cope with it .
But we do ....... Somehow.

But we Cannot, and Should not , and should never detach from God, or Angels, or spirit guides or anyone in the higher realms because of it.

Even though life can be terrible , and whether we "believe" or we don't , God is not to blame.
Too often , during times of struggle or despair we need to blame someone.
Usually it's God.
But I never blame God.

So in short ( !)
The answer is ... "NO"...

sky 19-11-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBlue

So in short ( !)
The answer is ... "NO"...

So what do you personally think causes a 'sense' of separation if not the mind AB ? Imo it's definitely not 'sin' which I was taught as a child....:icon_eek:

AngelBlue 19-11-2022 11:52 AM

I don't believe in "sin" .
I believe in each and every individual has to go forth , like Adam and Eve to "get on with it ".

We all need to find our own way.

Sometimes we need to stray off the path in order to find our way back.

But I do not think we are sinners . I think we are just lost sometimes .

Miss Hepburn 19-11-2022 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Sometimes we need to stray off the path in order to find our way back.
But I do not think we are sinners . I think we are just lost sometimes .

I agree. :smile: