Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Non Duality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Bliss ignition/opening, name of meditation/process, what did I do? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=144540)

Ewwerrin 05-08-2022 02:42 PM

Bliss ignition/opening, name of meditation/process, what did I do?

Anyone ever experienced this or know what it actually is or what is actually happening or what it is that I am actually doing here or what I experienced here?

I try to give as many details as possible. Very short experience, lasted very short, but extremely potent.

In meditation, when the focus and awakeness is there (due to pain, in my case, this case), and I go as deep as possible, returning to my awareness, like layers of onions, I keep going deeper, untill at some point of darkness and just pure awareness of nothingness or extreme subtleness, the inversions, or layers of it, of returning to my awareness keep accelerating. There is a point that seemingly remains the same process that feels like an inversion like feeling to my awareness, but I cannot enter it. It is my own awareness, and when I attempt to become it, due to my awareness trying to become aware of the awareness and simultaneously letting go of the thing I am aware of and returning deeper into the awareness that I truely am.... At this point there is an inversion that I experience of my self as the awareness, like I going from this to that, without actually going anywhere, and this, that takes place, that doesn't allow me to enter the center point, which to my awareness in this subtle realm of nothingness, I feel my awareness very subtly like it is experiencing being like a repelling magnet itself, and the more I try to connect there and enter it and be and become it and go deeper into my true self. ... IT EVADES ITSELF with accelerating fashion in exact parallel to the amount of deliberate effort/intent I attempt to focus there or enter or become it/myself. More deliberate intent, the evasion of awareness attempting to become aware of itself, accelerates. That is when this acceleration happens, of this "repelling magnet like experience" but of my awareness which behaves like that in accordance with my more deliberate intention to go deeper into true self. Where my awareness or point of self, seems to be evading itself, and with my intention to stay there, with accelerating deliberate intention, it almost feels like the frequency of what I am doing is accelerating, which I thought was an accelerating failure, but due to pain (ill explain later why) I didn't give up. I just kept going with more deliberate intent to enter the true perfect point of self, and that is when...

This duality or inversion accelerated to the point of literal IGNITION of bliss and light of bliss consciousness of powerful potent inspiring thought forms bursting FORTH, which were blissfully/joyfully/funnily redefining my entire life in a matter of just a few seconds! Don't know if I ignited it out of nothing or that I opened some kind of pathway for the bliss to enter into my awareness?
I experienced a light of bliss and joy and also very funny humorous thought-forms, almost bursting forth like as if there is a crack in a dam that spills forth allot of fresh water. It's mind blowing mind boggling. Because I could not produce those thoughts even if I tried all my life. And they spilled like a powerful mountain river. And as soon as I get distracted by it, and therefor stop the process of meditation (becoming aware of the awareness and returning to the awareness) it fades away. Like the light of bliss dimming like a battery light of a dying battery. The joy from the center of my being, just fades away.

I have noticed, that this experience was specifically had when I was in particular physical pain, which actually strangely improved my ability to focus and remain focused, without falling asleep.

It feels extremely similar to how despairingly someone might attempt to make a spark and ignition of a fire in the wild, for survival, and the following outragious joy they express when they succeed. Of absolute self sufficiency. And self empowerment. Obviously not exactly that, but similar.

It felt to me like I created pure light / bliss consciousness, literally out of nothing. And it redefined my entire reality in just a few seconds, as that is how long I was able to maintain it and how long it thus lasted.

The thing is, usually I fall asleep, when I attempt this process, due to exhaustion. But this time the physical pain almost balanced my ability to focus. Because instead of falling asleep, the failing to focus in this case returned me to the awareness of the pain in my body. Which almost felt like a guiding rails so to speak. It helped me to go deeper instead of letting go of the process, where instead of falling asleep the awareness of the pain returned, which appearantly made the difference this time.

Anyone ever experienced this or know what it actually is or what is actually happening or what it is that I am actually doing here or what I experienced here?

Thanks.

hazada guess 05-08-2022 02:56 PM

My feelings of this is that you've had an OBE.(Out of body experience).You are in so much pain that you are able for your awareness to leave your body but only so far, as you are still alive, here in the present. Until there is no hope, your soul will always be drawn to your body.

Miss Hepburn 05-08-2022 03:05 PM

Yes, have exp'd this. :hug3: Ahhh.
To me it is just experiencing the Nature of All That Is...nothing mysterious or complicated;
like it is the Essence of the Creator, or the heart and mind of this sparkling
Immaculate Blissful Spirit that I am part of.
Ah, when the clouds or onion layers get out of the way to simply experience It, right?
Sat Chit Ananda.

As CS Lewis said it is a fountain at the center of Reality. :notworthy:

Ewwerrin 05-08-2022 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazada guess
My feelings of ...
... to your body.

Thanks, that does seem like that, But I promise you, I've had many out of body experiences, of many different kinds, and this was absolutely not that.

It could be a pre-out of body experience, maybe? Maybe if I took the process all the way. But what is this process that I did here even called? Is there a name for this type of meditation perhaps? Or anything similar to it that might be related to it? Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

The experience lasted just a few seconds, and the moment I stopped the meditation or process I did, the awareness of the body was instantly there, but the focus during this meditation (no idea what its name is) was so powerfully motivated exactly because of the distraction from the pain that my focus offered.

It's like, there is pain in your arm. And you feel it, but if you focus very powerfully on the blue color of your visual sense of vision as you see it and observe the blue color and your attention and awareness is completely on the blue color, LEAVING NO ROOM OR SPACE for anything else to enter your awareness except that blue color of that blue object that you are visually seeing with your eyes and visual sense. There is just the blueness of that blue object in that awareness. But one can instantly and emmediately return to the general body and environment and awareness of it.

Which was the case for me, but I didn't do this meditation on an object, but on my own awareness itself. That is where my intention was, to focus on, my awareness. But as I was going deeper to identify my awareness, with this focus which was motivated by the pain in the manner as described above here, there was this point of extreme subtle awareness, attempting to become aware of itself (and either succeeding or failing?) what I experienced was an constant similar inversion/evasion of my awareness, like it was unable to become aware of itself, like a repelling magnet, and this then, instead of falling asleep or letting go of the process, this letting go which caused the REASONABLE SURVIVABLE PHYSICAL pain (not absolutely deadly pain) to return to my wareness. Which then this awareness of this pain didnt allow me to fall asleep, and then I, instead of falling asleep, I used the pain as an excuse to continue the meditation, because at the least it offered me a temporary distraction from the pain in my physical body. Like, it wasn't a deadly pain, just allot of different environmental and inner body pains accumulated over a few days. But survivable. It wasn't like I was literally dying, but it was pretty painful for sure. But after this process I even returned to the pain and my body very easily and normally. It lasted short and I didn't continue the process because at the point of bliss ignition/opening, I got distracted by it and stopped the process which caused the bliss ingition/opening or flow of it, to cease.

It could be a pre-out of body experience, maybe? Maybe if I took the process all the way. But what is this process that I did here even called? Is there a name for this type of meditation perhaps? Or anything similar to it that might be related to it? Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Ewwerrin 05-08-2022 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes, ....
... of Reality. :notworthy:

OH MY GOD YES THIS IS EXACTLY HOW IT FELT!
I am so glad that people actually know about this and that this is actually a real thing! YES! :D

Thank you so much!

Miss Hepburn 05-08-2022 03:26 PM

E, this may sound odd, I dunno. Have you ever been to Niagra Falls?
My God, it is a thunderous sound of tons of water falling so far, and the mist, the spray and so many areas
where the water is coming down from!!! Oh my. It isn't just one waterfall like in a jungle.
You have to shout to be heard!

Well, I am not 'there' right now being in Colorado...BUT, no matter where I am, no matter if awake or sleeping- ''that'' is still there
from decades ago when I lived close to them; always that sound and feeling
of the mist.

Same with this Reality of Light and Bliss...It is always there...still...and always...like the Falls are right now, though I am not 'there'.
It is the sacred essence of All That Is.
Thank you for bringing this up. :icon_cool:

Ha, a youtube of the Falls...so many have never been. It never stops, see!!! Like this exp of Reality. Just watch 1 minute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTOHJZY2VRE

Unseeking Seeker 05-08-2022 05:01 PM

Hello all!

Very interesting …

Is the bliss you speak of permanent or a phenomena that occurs and then fades?

JustASimpleGuy 05-08-2022 05:46 PM

Couple of things.

Early on and prior to stumbling onto effortless meditation techniques when just practicing Vipassana Calm Abiding I believe I entered the Jhanas and it was an incredible experience. It was as if my entire body was orgasmic. Problem is it was a huge setback as it set an expectation I indulged with each sitting, and the harder I tried, the further removed I became. It set me way back. It wasn't until I let it go that I began to progress again.

Another potential drawback I heard said it like this: If we rely on Samadhi to reveal God then we lock God in a cage of Samadhi.

movingalways 05-08-2022 07:38 PM

Theravada Buddhism has a helpful map of consciousness called "The 31 Planes of Existence" which divides existence into three distinct, temporary, samsaric worlds. Your experience seems to fit in the "Fine Material World" somewhere between the 15th and the 21st realms.

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/...agga/loka.html

As I've mentioned before, Tibetan Buddhism has its own spiritual map of the three bardos (or four if the natural bardo is included) and as with the 31 planes of existence, because each one is a temporary appearance of one's own mind one is counselled not to cling to any of them. As Jesus wisely noted in the Gospel of Thomas, "be a passerby" and as JustASimpleGuy pointed out in his answer above, if we rely on Samadhi to reveal God, we lock God in a cage of Samadhi. The 'spiritual' mind hunts for heavenly experiences hoping again and again 'this one is the one upon which I can rest' until it exhausts itself; herein lies its own brand of wisdom. "The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom". ~ William Blake

It is worthy to note in light of your contrasting experience of pleasure and pain what is written in the 31 Planes of Existence about the human realm:

Rebirth as a human being is extraordinarily rare. It is also extraordinarily precious, as its unique balance of pleasure and pain facilitates the development of virtue and wisdom to the degree necessary to set one free from the entire cycle of rebirths.

It would seem that concealed in every spiritual experience is wisdom waiting to be revealed.

Ewwerrin 06-08-2022 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Hello all! ...
... then fades?

Hi, very interesting question. At first I would say, it definitely came and then faded, lasted very short, in my personal experience. But then again, I don't know what it was, so I cant say if I created it, or I just created an opening for it. And then if I did just create an opening for it, then what is that that entered my experience? I cannot see/know beyond my own experience of it.