Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Kinesiology (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Is ocd a trapped emotion? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=120368)

blossomingsoull97 30-01-2018 09:14 PM

Is ocd a trapped emotion?

Now on this journey for self healing, i have discovered muscle testing as a way to release trapped emotions for physical or mental illnesses. I have ocd and im startingn to believe that my ocd is due to trapped emotions and i really want to release this ? Are there any other methods or people who have released this or recovered from ocd. I do not want to just help the symptoms i actully want to just cure this ocd

blossomingsoull97 30-01-2018 09:16 PM

Also have this urge to just fix things now, can this mean anything ?

Melahin 30-01-2018 10:08 PM

Very interesting. I understand that in Quantum there exist a possible / potential you state in which you do not have OCD. How you get there might be this; so I am curious what happens if you just stay with the process of releasing trapped emotions :happy8: Sorry that I have no concrete answers...

blackraven 08-02-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blossomingsoull97
Now on this journey for self healing, i have discovered muscle testing as a way to release trapped emotions for physical or mental illnesses. I have ocd and im startingn to believe that my ocd is due to trapped emotions and i really want to release this ? Are there any other methods or people who have released this or recovered from ocd. I do not want to just help the symptoms i actully want to just cure this ocd

Hi blossomsoull97. It has been my experience with people that have OCD that that's just the way they are wired. I can't speculate or say for certain what triggers this type of behavior or where it stems from with ones upbringing. Saying "That's just the way they are wired" is, what I believe, a positive way of looking at OCD. I would speak to a professional in the area of OCD though to see if their are cognitive behavior modification techniques for improving OCD, especially if it is impacting ones life in a bothersome manner. Best to you.

Miss Hepburn 03-04-2019 11:59 AM

My observations (OCD):
When a child had little control...they were told what to wear- and did not like the choice..
were not listened to, so their thoughts, feelings, preferences didn't count, were not encouraged to express
their feelings-crying, having a tantrum., their heartfelt gifts from school were ignored or worse...
the general outcome is an adult that unconsciously is saying,
"By golly, I'm going to have control now."
This makes them feel settled and calm....place the vase to the left out of
symmetry and a tension is felt inside;
mimicking the pain they swallowed for years in the family household.

In many ways, of course, this can manifest...the jars all must face out, the vase has to be exactly 'here',
you must be on time, everything has it's 'place' and so on.
They can be meticulous hosts,
excellent friends (as long as you tow the line), great employees, excellent gift givers,
since they can be approval addicts, getting little to none as a child.

They are wounded, need constant praise like a child (similar to the narcissist, they have misunderstood wounds
of severe insecurity, neglect to shaming, thus, their early synapses did not complete their normal connections).

The OCD adult is often the child of a narcissist, an emotionally absent alcoholic, thus,
the cycle of pain and trauma continues...many xs the adult not wanting to have children.

Matty 18-06-2021 10:17 PM

For starters before you attempt to remove this OCD, I would suggest loosen the shackles of the imposed title of OCD, there is a saying that goes something like. Don't name the animal that your going to eat. It's not a pet

Matty 19-06-2021 07:28 AM

My apologies but my old habits have to ask......

Is self healing your OCD?
I have several other"answering question's with questions" I so want to ask...

Native spirit 20-06-2021 09:45 PM

Ocd can be helped by Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

Some people especially in adults it can be very Debilitating

Namaste

Ewwerrin 23-06-2021 06:35 AM

Quote:

Hi,

I wanted to clarify, incase it is of help:
causal believe > causes the feeling > causes the behaviour,

So a feeling can help you become aware of your believe.
So that you can change it.

Hope you enjoy yourself. Wish you all the well-being.

Good day.

blackraven 27-06-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The OCD adult is often the child of a narcissist, an emotionally absent alcoholic, thus,
the cycle of pain and trauma continues...many xs the adult not wanting to have children.

I agree with this statement, Miss H, although I also believe OCD can transpire in a person for a multitude of reasons.

Native spirit 27-06-2021 08:57 PM

Ocd can come to anyone a person who is stressed is a high risk of getting it,

but it can be very Debilitating also

Namaste

Ewwerrin 30-06-2021 01:53 AM

Quote:

If you enjoy it, then it means you simply doing what you want to be doing. Sometimes we can mask a fun thing to do, and make it seem like it is a problem, we need to fix.
Other times, we truely dont want to be fixing things, and are doing it, because we have a negative believe that says we have to or something bad will happen if we don't.
You gotta make that distinction.

Ewwerrin 30-06-2021 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
Ocd can come to anyone a person who is stressed is a high risk of getting it,...
but it can be very Debilitating also...

Yeah, stress can be debilitating. And ocd is simply a wonderful way that people sometimes find RELIEF from stress. It is very valuable.

I would call it obsessive compulsive order. OCO.

There is a sense of order and peace attained. A valuable relief from stress. If this is understood. Then they will improve their ability to find relief. And enjoy their life in whatever way they so choose and want to.

Often their behaviour is completely harmless and innocent. As blossom has wonderfully shared here with us. Fixing things can never be debilitating. If someone says "you are worthless piece of ***" and you feel stress. And then you go fixing things, and you feel better. And then they say "alright. Dont listen to me, you stupid ocd piece of *** worthless human being!" and the stress builds up, and they just lock themselves in the room and fix things to find relief. Get their mind off the subject and point it to something good and valuable and beneficial to self and others in so many ways it heals many things. It also heals the person who is being abusive. Shows them the profound pureness of examplified action, obsessive compulsive order. Relentless peaceful affirmation. It is divine condition of the enlightened individual.

blackraven 03-07-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Yeah, stress can be debilitating. And ocd is simply a wonderful way that people sometimes find RELIEF from stress. It is very valuable.
I would call it obsessive compulsive order. OCO.

Ewwerrin - I have to say this is the most positive thing I've ever read about OCD or as you call it OCO (love it). I know people that have OCD and when they get busy putting things in order or back in order - organizing their life essentially, they feel at peace once more. It's just the way they are wired and their actions serve them in many respects. It's only when OCD is so extreme that someone is washing his/her hands so many times a day that their hands begin bleeding, then it's teetered to an unhealthy level. But again, I like your take on OCO in which it's not defined as a disorder.

Ewwerrin 04-07-2021 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackraven
Ewwerrin - I have...
... as a disorder.

Yeah, and you gotta wonder about all those discordant thought forms that lessen the consciousness of an individual, that they are so bad, that even after washing their hands so much, they still have those thought forms that they are bad. In extreme cases, self harm is also a form of finding release and relief from those negative thought forms. A self forced distraction, a forced meditation.
There is always a better way to go about doing things. Like "no longer caring about what other people think."
Because most of the negative thoughts are beliefs that one has picked up from other people. And in a sense, by holding on those negative limitting believes, one is actually being a belief thief. So the ultimate release/cleansing would be to simply stop caring about what other people think. Stop carrying the burden of other people. And stop giving a rip about what other people think.
Most often people hold on to those believes because they think there are negative consequences if they let them go. That those who believe it hold more power. But that is a misunderstanding. Those who subscribe to those negative believes, have their consciousness limitted, and they are thus powerless.

So to let it go, and embrace ones own perfect worthiness, naturally allows all the forces of existence to support one fully in utter well being and in alignment with the energy which creates worlds and find their own inner personal agreement and alignment with their own God Source of being. To simply love who you are. For you exist for the reason of being who you truely are, all that you truely are. Not who others say or think you are. But the perfection of who you are that you will always feel unnaturally bad when you think in opposition or contrary to it. And good when you allow your natural and effortless unconditionally loving and naturally inspired realisation of it.

Then let those thoughts go and allow the self to learn the power of being who one truely is. And then, by simply being the perfect self of self love, you help everyone the most. And you will have endless love and empowerment to give them. As you tap into this boundless Source of ever abounding natural well being and unconditional worthiness.

As they see you being supported by the laws of this universe in unconditional love. And then no matter what they think, you will love them anyway. Because you will all the love to give and you will know yourself and know them like God Source knows you and them and all. And their irrelevant self contradictions will not mean anything to you nor them. As you will know it, live it and be it, naturally and effortlessly. Then no harm can be done to one who does not subscribe that frequency of self limitation. As you realise, the choices of another cannot persuade one to disallow their own unconditional worthiness to allow their evermore receiving of their natural well-being. That is infinitely there for the boundless universe.

PureEvil760 25-07-2021 11:08 PM

I had ocd as a kid, like I would feel compelled to turn off and on a light switch a bunch of times, weird things like that. I cured it over time by just ignoring the urges and not acting on them.

jazzy911 03-08-2021 02:41 PM

To me, OCD seems like a fight to gain control over a situation. Doing these things is like a tic that relieves tension for them.

Miss Hepburn 03-08-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzy911
To me, OCD seems like a fight to gain control over a situation.

Yes and why? - post 5: ''When a child had little control...
the general outcome is an adult that unconsciously is saying,
'By golly, I'm going to have control now.'
This makes them feel settled and calm...''

jazzy911 03-08-2021 03:38 PM

Miss Hepburn, I just went back and read post 5, and I think you described it perfectly. The handful of people I know who have OCD were raised the way you described.

asearcher 20-08-2021 03:46 PM

I think for starters it is a form of anxiety, a fear, and to then have control you feel safe or at least more safe. The trouble with this is that you are not getting to the very cause of the anxiety, the birth of it, why it's there. I think the muscle tensions are only on the surface, it is what is beneith that is causing it. So where does the anxiety come from? That is something you have to figure out?

I know of someone who in my opinion had this illusion that the home should look 100% perfect - always. To me, living with this person, it was very demanding and I could not do it 100%. And I was to let known that I was not good enough.

Other areas too - he took charge. Demanding things his way. He was not aware of how much and I was too getting so used to it. As I am more relaxed by nature I would go fine then, let him have it his way. I was oblivious to what I was doing too, that was wrong.

OCD and a need for control can project, complicate, mess up relationships. It is not just about the person having it.

Cognitive therapy can help in some cases. I found a link if you are interested
https://www.whiteswanfoundation.org/...e-disorder-ocd

For one thing I applaude you for even recognising that you have OCD. Not everyone with OCD or need for control realize this, but you do and just by doing that I think you are well on your way, even if you don't think that.

I'm just describing the above as I would hate for you to have this not solved and to bring it into a relationship with someone you love. I don't know what kind of OCD you have, it might not at all be what I have experienced.

Understanding, knowledge about it and treatment make a world of difference :hug3:

Miss Hepburn 20-08-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asearcher
I think for starters it is a form of anxiety, a fear, and to then have control you feel safe or at least more safe.
...getting to the very cause of the anxiety, the birth of it, why it's there.

Yes. Getting to the cause, the beginning of it ---and the parenting is a biggy.
As a therapist friend says -"Get the deal about the mother!"
Of course, there could have been another family member that messed you up.
(Then, do things about it to let it go---there are many things you can do.And what a freedom when you do!) :hug3:

asearcher 20-08-2021 07:03 PM

Thank you, Miss Hepburn, for thinking I am on to something, LOL. The guy I was describing had from first family narcissism breathing, so that is spot on. I don't think unfortunately that love was given in the generous dose one can see today in all families history back. That it was tough.

First time I described a problem on this forum and someone wrote from another perspective that he was controlling, about my then guy - that was when I began to realise what it really was. I have been given lots of great advice from this forum's members, you too being one of them. Seeing things from other perspectives when one is stuck.

Once I began to look into it I did not understand if it was a vulnerability in a genetic way (where his brain sees a threat, more chaos than how I see it before I react to it, that his brain just can't help it) or inherit by their way of being, the surrounding, environment.

The brain can't see a difference between a real life threat and an imaginary one, it kicks off the same storm in the brain. I did not know this before.

I did not understand that the varies troubles all came from the same source, anxiety, it only expressed itself in different terms in the way my then guy behaved towards me. I saw only one problem here. Another problem there. I did not see the connections. Once I did it hurried up the process. Then I knew what I was dealing with, or he rather - but I was effected by it as I was one of the "things" he was trying, perhaps the hardest, to control and I was slipping away as one tend to do at one point or another. One starts to fight back the supression because that is what it really is. One has tried to do it his way, but suffer too much because of it and then one is responsible to listen to signs coming from the within. That I have to feel OK too.

Now I know all about narcissism, need for control, striving for "perfection", what now one think is "perfection", to not feel good enough, to not make other people feel good enough, the fear of being left behind, the jealousy, to not make "public" any sign that could make you - and your partner - look vulnerable, thus keep everythinig, subject to talk about on the surface, to isolate, to not show love in a relaxed manner which include a physical touch of tenderness now and then maybe.

With this guy he was not raised to talk about things underneith the surface. It did not mean he couldn't. I think it was really not safe to do so where he came from. Could be turned against you in some way, be mocked. So I get that. That would have made him vulnerable. Can't have that in your family, right?

He would say about me that I talked in ways he was not used to. He would get this kind of surprised look to him if, when I showed a genuine interest in what he had to say or thought about something or asked questions. As if do you really wanna hear this? He was used to the narcissistic trade from first family member to dominate, what that person thought, aired. I was interested to know what HE thought etc, and I could see sometimes he really had to think about that before answering.

I think too it made him more insecure than what I would have expected of him in other circumstances, such as events of various kinds. He was very eager to show any type of physical tenderness towards me, being physically close to me, but as soon as we went "out there" there was no such sign at all. Zero of it. He would tell me to not hold his hand. We had a fight after that one. After that he would come to terms and reach out to hold my hand or what ever but I would not be interested. It did not mean the same to me no more. I would rather be without it. It did not feel the same way at all as it had done before. He had rejected me with this in the past, with no warning before, and how was I to know when he was all for it, being active himself, just before? I had never before felt if I had done something wrong by holding a guys hand or touching his shoulder in front of someone else, if they happened to notice. But I was to learn it was a rule where he came from. This was normal to him. No physical signs like that. I have looked at photos on my own parents at parties, family gatherings and can see that they were connected, mentally, physically. Did not mean they were exclusive and isolating themselves and not being social. There are too lots of family photos where I am and I can see how natural it was for my family members to show physical tenderness towards me and me to them. I did not know it could be something bad.

It was only much later, when I took aside my own hurt and humiliation, which it had been, that I understood he must himself have been corrected, been rejected and now he was only passing it on. To him showing any type of phyiscal tenderness was private (but he had held my hand on our way to this gathering - where he would later tell me to not touch him, so strangers on the streets did not count obviously).

I was beginning to feel as cold as someone else from where he came from. I remember thinking this isn't me. I don't want to be like this. But I just could never bring myself to ever dare to reach out to him again in company of others. He had killed that. There were times he forced his hand to hold mine in company of others and when I tried to take mine back he would enforce it even more. I could see pain in his eyes if, when I looked at him and him saying in a low voice to me alone "C'mon. C'mon". I just think he discovered too late how much he had hurt me and the consequences of it. At the fight and days after I asked him "Were you ashamed of me? Because it felt like you were? Why? You think you can do better? What am I to you? You did not want me to hold your hand?". Then why even introduce me to them? Why even go there? Were other people could obviously see us? It really got to be this big thing. I was to never let it go. Out in other circumstances, nightclubs, he would refuse to let us go in, out of jealousy or fear to loose touch with me. I thought he deserved it. I knew I would not do anything, but I figured he asked to have it this way and so I served it. But like I said I would never flirt with anyone else, less dance with someone else or accept anyone else's offer of a drink.

I can relate these days that if one is giving love, and it is being rejected - how difficiult if not impossible it feels to then try again, you have this fear of rejection- just like that time he told me he did not want me to show physical tenderness towards him (because he said he did not see other people doing that and he did not want to "flaunt" our happiness, as if we thought we were all that - I didn't, and who was he to know if we were more happy than they were? I for one had no clue. And they were free to touch another too if they liked, it was not as if the police was going to come to arrest them.). Just to place myself on the safe spot I would come up with this rule that said he was welcomed to touch me then when he thought it was appropriate but that I would not do it to him. How crazy was that? Not healthy one bit. I remember thinking here I am with this boyfriend that I love very much and he has forbidden me to touch him. It does something to you. I can still feel it even if it was a long time ago. That's pretty crazy too. It had never happened to me before or after and still - that strong. So I can understand if once rejected you just get more cold and you just don't try anymore in fear of yet another rejection. You play it cool instead. But love isn't cool, it is intimacy, vulnerability, strenght, connection, safety, understanding.

Too, even if his good looks was to be in his favor, it was too as if he got the same surprised look at the start when we were going out. I never said to him that I saw it, it came and passed so fast. This genuine surprise. Think it was too that unfortunately he had felt some were only interested in his looks, not so much what was going on - on the inside. Just this surprise. He wouldn't say anything about it. Oh, yes, one time. He said he first thought I was making fun of him, to then realise I was genuine - that this was how I was. He wasn't familiar with it. That I genuinly cared for him. That I loved him the way I did. It was not that he was not offering the same to me, he did, very early on, but he did not seem to know how to receive it himself.

I noticed a big shift in his ways when being around the narcissist. It was as if he shut down. He was indifferent. He disconnected himself from me. It was as if he was one individual and I was another. Like I was suddenly a stranger. Just happened to be there. Before we were a couple. I felt alone. I did not understand what was going on. He would later tell me that he felt as if I was "gone" and that I was "tense" and that he could tell I did not really want to be there and that he "missed me" even if I was in the same room or when I would go away. But it was he who first shut down, and he did not understand that this is what he was doing. It made me insecure on how to behave as well.

So to me there were these loose ends that made no sense, and then there was this wonderful guy there too, all in one, who I loved and who I thought loved me after all, too everything else he did for me and our family. Just really a family guy. Taking responsibilty. Checking in. Doing what it takes and more. Not a word of complaint. Bring on more, if anything. Throughout the long term relationship he has always managed to get the time to call me at work or when ever if away, just do small talk, ask if he should fix something. Joking. It is difficult then to see things straight then, where the defects come from. You have to have some distance and knowledge to view it right.

The different set of tempers in arguments, fights were too a sign of it. That there was a type of anxiety in it.
He would early on express that he believed if the relationship was going to end it was because I was the one to leave. He would return to the subject. He would even make threats, all of a sudden, without any provocation, when I thought things were just good between us, what would happen if i left, child custody battle, even if he thought I was a good mom. That I would never get away from him (at that point I thought why would I want to? I loved him). I did not understand what it was coming from. Now I have learned that children that grew up in a narcissistic household can very well develop this fear of being left behind and having this need to be in control. Now that make sense.

I understand that having OCD or feeling such need to be in control (and especially when wanting to control another living person) that the one feeling this suffers the most because of it, but the closest surrounding suffer too, even if not the same, and perhaps the one with it don't always take that in consideration as they themselves are (or feel) helpless against their own behavoirs, even if they are the one doing it. They can't help it. They do find relief once they feel in control, but it is only temporarily and it can do more damage to the surrounding as well. But there is some really good help out there, so one shouldn't loose hope. We're all humans after all. And sometimes we need help with something.