Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Mediumship (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Practicing Medium (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127182)

Reilly 31-12-2018 12:20 PM

Practicing Medium

Hi All,

For many years I have studied and developed my gift but lack the confidence to take the next step....

What helped you take the next step in your development?

Do you have any advice on how to practice or interested in also developing/having a place too practice?

Namaste
Reilly

Native spirit 31-12-2018 10:00 PM

Hi Welcome to spiritual forums regarding your question going to a spiritualist church would give you the Experience you need.
I am a medium I relied on my guide to help me as I was born with my gifts my guide has been with me since birth.i see him often ,
I did go to a spiritualist church when I was a lot younger but it wasn't for me.
I went to a Healing sanctuary and I loved it.but you have to find what is right for you.

Namaste

Reilly 01-01-2019 11:49 AM

Hey, thanks for the reply :)

I have previously attended spiritualist churches and intend on going back after the new year. It’s really taking the next step as in booking someone in for a reading. I’ve had my business cards ready for almost two years but still haven’t handed them out due to fear and self-doubt, despite being pushed to and receive signs and synchronicities daily.

I’ve tried having friends provide me with photos to read but without the confirmation my head gets stuck in overdrive and before I know it my imagination has taken over.

Native spirit 01-01-2019 12:26 PM

You need to gain Experience a spiritualist church could help you there ,you need to have your Boundries in place before you give out any cards you need to know .how to open up close down etc its not enough to say you are a medium. you also need to be aware of what you can say say to someone.and only by experience will you learn that.

Namaste

journey 03-01-2019 06:02 AM

I agree with Native Spirit but I also think having a partner or group to help you practice and gain confidence can greatly help. I unfortunately don't have access to a spiritualist church near me but I found an online group (small group) that I began practicing with and have gained so much more confidence in the past few months than I have over a couple years. The group is supportive and non judgemental as well as helpful in giving Detailed feedback. I think the best thing you can get is feedback to help you grow and learn, taking notes on how you felt, what you felt, saw etc so that you can fine tune your abilities. I spent a lot of time second guessing myself and wondering if I was making things up but found that there is way more depth to it than i thought and have learned to get a stronger connection when I trust what comes through.

If you want a partner or just an ear to listen, feel free to message me or I can pm you my fb info.

~journey

MissCreativeSpirit 04-01-2019 06:37 PM

I have some of the same apprehensions. Even though I have volunteered info to the govt long distance and was s part of another online volunteer group for a long while. I think I am afraid of ridicule.

Gabryel 08-01-2019 01:47 PM

For me, a small local group run by an experienced medium was the best help I could get.

I didn't feel comfortable in a Spiritualist church, and also, I don't like crowds or feel comfortable speaking in public, so public demonstrations of mediumship are not for me!

I work privately, doing only one or two personal consultations per year, spirit clearing, personal contacts, and rescue work. I'm not going to get rich doing this, but I love what I do.

I believe that when you're ready, Spirit will guide you to the next step.

AngelRain 08-01-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reilly
Hey, thanks for the reply :)

I have previously attended spiritualist churches and intend on going back after the new year. It’s really taking the next step as in booking someone in for a reading. I’ve had my business cards ready for almost two years but still haven’t handed them out due to fear and self-doubt, despite being pushed to and receive signs and synchronicities daily.

I’ve tried having friends provide me with photos to read but without the confirmation my head gets stuck in overdrive and before I know it my imagination has taken over.

I'm in the same boat sweetheart. I;ve started an energy healing company. I will always screen my clients and want to get to the level of by referral only, but it will take work to get there and Im scared to put myself out there. I'm aware of my gifts and that I can help many. But I've met more fakes than genuine healers and I dont want to be thrown in with the frauds.

Gabryel 08-01-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelRain
I'm in the same boat sweetheart. I;ve started an energy healing company. I will always screen my clients and want to get to the level of by referral only, but it will take work to get there and Im scared to put myself out there. I'm aware of my gifts and that I can help many. But I've met more fakes than genuine healers and I dont want to be thrown in with the frauds.

I feel the same!