By ascended I mean enlightened. Is that not so or have I used "ascended" differently? I realise Blavatsky met some or one, at least, in the in the flesh but can they not materialise a human form? Even if they were incarnated at the time they're still enlightened no?
Enlightenment is not a myth.
Many levels of bodhi or enlightenment and Blavatsky's teachers all had a superior bodhi, but they were not buddhas or high bodhisattvas.
"Ascended Masters" is terminology that is used by I AM and other pseudo-theosophical groups. Their 'masters' are not physical, but are on some higher plane.
Franz Hartmann's Rosicrucian Rules
1. Love God above all.
To “love God” means to love wisdom and truth. We can love God in no other way than in being obedient to Divine law; and to enable us to exercise that obedience conscientiously requires knowledge of the law, which can only be gained by practice.
2. Devote your time to your spiritual advancement.
As the sun without leaving his place in the sky sends his rays upon the earth to shine upon the pure and the impure, and to illuminate even the most minute material objects with his light; likewise the spirit of man may send his mental rays to obtain knowledge of all terrestrial things; but there is no need that the spirit should thereby lose its own divine self-consciousness, and be itself absorbed by the objects of its perception.
3. Be entirely unselfish. Spiritual knowledge begins only where all sense of self ceases.
Where the delusion which causes man to imagine himself to be a being separated and isolated from all others ends, there he begins to realize his true state as an all-embracing universal and divine self-conscious power.
4. Be temperate, modest, energetic, and silent.
The door to the inner temple is called “Contentement”; but no animal can enter therein, only he who walks uprightly, being conscious of his true dignity as a human being. Without energy, nothing can be accomplished; and only in the silence, when all thoughts and desires are at rest, can the Divine harmonies penetrate to the internal ear.
5. Learn to know the origin of the METALS contained within thyself.
Ignorance is the cause of suffering. That which is material must be crucified and die, so that that which is spiritual may be resurrected and live.
6. Beware of quacks and pretenders.
He who claims to be in possession of knowledge knows nothing; only he through whom the Word of wisdom speaks is wise.
7. Live in constant adoration of the highest good.
The worm seeks for pleasure among abomination and filth; but the free eagle spreads his wings and rises up towards the sun.
8. Learn the theory before you attempt the practice.
He who travels with a trustworthy guide will be safer than he who refuses to profit by the experience of another.
9. Exercise charity towards all beings.
All beings are one in the spirit; divided from each other merely by the illusion of form. He who is charitable towards another form in which the universal One Life is manifest, saves suffering to his own self.
10. Read the ancient books of wisdom.
Books are to the unripe mind that which the mother’s milk is to the nursling. We must receive drink from others until we have gained sufficient strength and experience to descend to the living fountain within ourselves, and to draw from there the water of truth.
11. Try to understand their secret meaning.
That which is external may be seen with the external eye; but that which is spiritual can only be seen with the eyes of the spirit.
(From In the Pronaos of the Temple of Wisdom, Chapter 7, 1890)
Paul Foster Case’s Builders of the Adytum (BOTA), or inner temple, taught principles similar to those of the Order of the Golden Dawn, and also had similar precepts.
They called these precepts “The Pattern on the Trestleboard” which paralleled Divine Emanations of the Qabalistic Tree of Life. They are both an affirmation and a meditational technique to help the spiritual aspirant attain to a more conscious expression. A tenfold picture of the destiny of man in the evolutionary scheme as revealed by the Secret Wisdom. According to BOTA this Pattern on the Trestleboard aided in helping to develop higher cosmic attributes.
0. All the Power that ever was or will be is here now.
1. I am a center of expression for the Primal Will-to-Good which eternally creates and sustains the Universe.
2. Through me its unfailing Wisdom takes form in thought and word.
3. Filled with Understanding of its perfect law, I am guided, moment by moment, along the path of liberation.
4. From the exhaustless riches of its Limitless Substance, I draw all things needful, both spiritual and material.
5. I recognize the manifestation of the Undeviating Justice in all the circumstances of my life.
6. In all things, great and small, I see the Beauty of the Divine Expression.
7. Living from that Will, supported by its unfailing Wisdom and Understanding, mine is the Victorious Life.
8. I look forward with confidence to the perfect realization of the Eternal Splendor of the Limitless Light.
9. In thought and word and deed, I rest my life, from day to day, upon the sure Foundation of Eternal Being.
10. The Kingdom of Spirit is embodied in my flesh.
I'm just resubbing to this thread. I'll have to re-read it.
NECRO EXPERIENTIAL TRUTH!!! ^^^^^
Friends of Theosophical Archives
A newsletter from the Friends of Theosophical Archives, with much of historical interest regarding Theosophy.
They are also on Facebook.
Secret Doctrine References
Blavatsky's major work, The Secret Doctrine, is difficult to follow for many. So these References that the TS Pasadena have put online are a big help:
ITC Conference in Santa Barbara, CA
Running from 11 to 14 August, here is the Program and readings related to it and the Study Circles:
|All times are GMT. The time now is 12:52 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums