Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Are there any spiritual consequences of suicide? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133704)

Yunoschut 02-02-2020 11:14 PM

Are there any spiritual consequences of suicide?

If there are any, what are the reasons? I think that there is none, but seeing the grief of our loved ones could be pretty heavy on emotions.

Visitor 02-02-2020 11:35 PM

It does seem to deny one's own soul.

ocean breeze 02-02-2020 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunoschut
If there are any, what are the reasons?

No consequences. No reasons for consequences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunoschut
I think that there is none, but seeing the grief of our loved ones could be pretty heavy on emotions.

Either way you'll be dead so its not something dead people worry about or deal with. You can die today or in many years, eventually people will grieve for your death whether you die naturally or do it yourself.

shivatar 03-02-2020 12:43 AM

the answer depends on a persons beliefs.

if someone believes in nothing after death, then no there is no consequence.

if they believe in christian heaven and hell, then yes big consequence.

if you are like me and believe in recinarnation, then the consequence is you end up in the same bad situation that you tried to escape. So there really is no reason to do it, it solves nothing and will most likely just cause you to end up in an even worse situation. and on top of that, you have to grow up again which SUCKS unless you have a good family and live in a wealthy country. and if you suicide, the odds of that happening are probably like super low.

so yeah, in my belief and opinion, there is no reason to suicide. It does not solve anything, and it actually adds to problems.

I have thought about it before and eventually just decided that I'd rather work from where I am now, even if it's so bad that I want to die sometimes. At least I know I can work myself to a better place, as long as I don't give up.

iamthat 03-02-2020 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Either way you'll be dead so its not something dead people worry about or deal with.

The physical body may have died, but can we really say that someone who has committed suicide does not have to consider the consequences in an after-death state? We simply do not know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocean breeze
You can die today or in many years, eventually people will grieve for your death whether you die naturally or do it yourself.

The process of grief for someone who dies of natural causes may be very different to the grief for someone who has committed suicide.

All my immediate family members have died of natural causes, and I have felt little grief, just gratitude that their passings were relatively quick.

Suicide, however, is usually sudden and unexpected, and it often leaves many unanswered questions. Those left behind may have had no warning and no time to prepare themselves mentally or emotionally. Except in cases such as euthanasia, there is often the sense of a promising life cut short. And those grieving may be filled with guilt or shock or remorse for not having done something different to prevent it happening, and this guilt/shock/remorse adds to the burden of their grief. And at some level, those grieving a suicide may feel anger that the person has done such an act, leaving others to clear up the mess. This all makes grief for a suicide quite different to grief for a death from natural causes.

Peace

Unseeking Seeker 03-02-2020 02:08 AM

We may of course choose to believe as felt convenient. I’d like to imagine that all is forgiven always!

However, if we rely upon mediums who have been shown what occurs, their findings indicate that the soul cannot exit the earth plane until the preordained time of actual death of their body. This would mean that they are trapped, so to speak, on the earthy realm, whilst being without the mind body vehicle. Some among these unfortunate ones succumb to practitioners of black magic.

Adding to their woes, they need to eventually come back to complete their earth life lessons which compelled them to commit suicide. Now, carrying the trauma of suicide, they need to overcome that subconscious urge as well in their rebirth.

It doesn’t make a rosy picture after all. Unfortunately.

ocean breeze 03-02-2020 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
The physical body may have died, but can we really say that someone who has committed suicide does not have to consider the consequences in an after-death state? We simply do not know.

Well that's the key. You don't know. I don't worry about consequences of death from the unknowable. It would appear silly to me.

Quote:

The process of grief for someone who dies of natural causes may be very different to the grief for someone who has committed suicide.

All my immediate family members have died of natural causes, and I have felt little grief, just gratitude that their passings were relatively quick.

Suicide, however, is usually sudden and unexpected, and it often leaves many unanswered questions. Those left behind may have had no warning and no time to prepare themselves mentally or emotionally. Except in cases such as euthanasia, there is often the sense of a promising life cut short. And those grieving may be filled with guilt or shock or remorse for not having done something different to prevent it happening, and this guilt/shock/remorse adds to the burden of their grief. And at some level, those grieving a suicide may feel anger that the person has done such an act, leaving others to clear up the mess. This all makes grief for a suicide quite different to grief for a death from natural causes.

Peace

I'm sure many will react in such ways. Anyways my point of view on topics such as suicide and death are likely to appear very controversial to others. So i tread carefully. Its a topic of interest for me especially listening to the view points of others in regard to their thoughts and personal experience. So in that i have to be cautious as to how to reply or whether to reply or not. But i understand where you're coming from. I see things differently though.

neil 03-02-2020 02:29 AM

In effect, people are slowly suiciding all day every day.

People drink poison ie:-alcohol, smoke cigarettes, consume illicit drugs, exhaust fumes, consume foods that are detremental to the body, drive vehicles that may crash, travel in aeroplanes that may fall from the sky, participate in dangerous activities...etc etc etc. And some of these people may "as some might say" die.
So will these people have to deal with their slow attempt at suicide...NO, and neither do people who as some may refer to the act as, commit suicide.

The concept of suicide is false. Because to define suicide. Suicide, is to kill a sentient life form. & the flesh brain system is only a sensory/processing unit. "& is not" a sentient, aware or intelligent entity. It is simply a system that we utilize so that we can come to Earth & create offspring through & of. Because we can not create offspring in spirit, we need the organic flesh body to create life in our very own essence.

The Soul'self "us", is the sentient, aware intelligent mind/entity. And is simply connected to the sensory/processing unit via the silver cord. This cord is meant to be eventually severed, & can be severed at any time of our choosing.

We have the "free will to do what ever we choose". & there are absolutely zero penalties whatsoever for disconnecting from the flesh and relocating to "let's say" the Heavens.
There are zero penalties for us, if we choose to disconnect from the flesh, if we will only do it lovingly..ie:- if we inform close family & friends, that we are choosing to leave the flesh & the Earth behind.
& we need to make sure that any persons in our lives..ie:- dependant children & or parents etc, are ok & well cared for after our departure. Because if we did not, and it caused undue grief to those dependant ones, then that needs to be dealt with in accordance with the law of "reap as one sows".

We could if we wanted to, effect an out of body experience, & live anywhere we choose within the universe, away from the flesh & the Earth. And simply leave the body on Earth to starve of nutrition & water & deteriorate to a state, that it can not sustain a connection to us, "the sentient Soul'self", via the silver cord any longer. & while we are waiting for the disconnection to occur, we could be enjoying an all abundant life in spirit.

Above I said that the brain/body system is not a sentient, aware entity. & proof that it is not. Would be that in the instant that an out of body experience is effected, the "brain/processor" instantly shuts down..ie:- loses consciousness, & the body becomes lifeless "so to speak"...because the sentient, aware consciousness life force ie:- "us", has now left the body. And all memories are also out of body & were never in the brain.

As usual, all of the above is simply for anyones considerations & or questioning.

neil 03-02-2020 03:13 AM

Quote:

Peace

If you want to refer to it as suicide..ok, yes it is sudden but so is an out of body experience. But that does not cause grief. Grief is a false concept. and grief is caused by unseen dark entities that are connected to an Earthling before & after the liberation from the flesh. Believe it or not.

And these dark ones will continue to use their powers of the mind, to create & cause the emotions of grief and or anger from a minute manner or to a completely debilitating manner of state of mind within us, Even after the liberation from flesh.

If one has not seen the untold numbers of nasty minded beings that surround & influence the mind & body of an Earthling. Then it can be completely impossible to fathom...I continuously experience it myself, and witnessed it in others.

The instant disconnection from the flesh causes zero grief. The person simply moves away from the flesh.
And just because they were lets say, hit by a speeding train, it does not mean that, that event would cause any more grief than simply passing due to natural causes. The spiritual body of a person hit by a speeding train would remember none of the impact, because the ability to process information in such an event, because such an event happens so very quickly, and the self is instantly disconnected from the flesh.

However a person who is conscious & passes slowly will have more ability to store memories of their disconnection. But in a few moments after their disconnection, they will soon realize that they are now free of the constraints & harshness of the Earth life. And will start to cheer.

A person who does not realize that they are now free & abundant in life. Well that person is being discretely deceived into feeling grief or anxiousness by dark minded nasty spiritual beings.
And the only way to dislodge these nasty ones, is to seek help from very capable radiant persons, within the lesser Heavens of love & light. Such persons are well versed with these issues.
And in the instant that these beings are dislodged from the self, well the Soul'self can become so very youthful & radiant in accordance to the quality of one's Soul'self.
The more pure loving a person becomes, then the more youthful, radiant & abundant one becomes.

To refer to the liberation from the flesh as "death" well then death is our friend, no matter how it comes about. However. what is not our friend, are the dark evil minded ones that discretely connect to us & cause grief, anxieties, anger etc within us before & or after our liberation from the flesh.

As per usual, all of the above is simply for anyones considerations.

iamthat 03-02-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil
If you want to refer to it as suicide..ok, yes it is sudden but so is an out of body experience. But that does not cause grief. Grief is a false concept. and grief is caused by unseen dark entities that are connected to an Earthling before & after the liberation from the flesh. Believe it or not.

And these dark ones will continue to use their powers of the mind, to create & cause the emotions of grief and or anger from a minute manner or to a completely debilitating manner of state of mind within us, Even after the liberation from flesh.

The discussion was about the grief felt by those left behind, not the person who has left the body.

I find your claims somewhat unconvincing.

Peace