Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is it ever too early to ask yourself this question? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=146077)

ReturningMoon 23-02-2023 03:20 AM

Is it ever too early to ask yourself this question?

"How do you want to be remembered when you die?"

Maisy 23-02-2023 08:36 AM

I think all of my friends are around my same age so they won't be around to remember me. Really everyone dies in a relatively short time so anybody who knew me will be joining me in the after life soon enough. I guess if someone has children they will remember you, but if you had kids around 20 they will be joining you in around 20 years.

I'm not famous and don't know many people so I don't expect to be remembered by anybody. Maybe one person I know who is younger. But then why would they remember me! Maybe rarely if they stumble on a picture or something. They will be busy with their lives, doubt they would think of me.

In less than 100 years after I pass on it's a safe bet no one on earth will ever know I existed. But this does not bother me. I like it! I think life and relationships in the after life will be much better than on earth.

Native spirit 23-02-2023 10:02 AM

Yes I will be remembered by my family and friends if they are still here, what I think they will remember is the Help I have given so many of them
How I hate injustice and will fight against it,
and I will stand up for myself and I wont back down either.

Namaste

Redchic12 23-02-2023 11:11 AM

To be honest I couldn’t care less if I’m remembered or not. It’s just not important to me.

I’m off somewhere else having a great adventure!!!

Native spirit 23-02-2023 11:16 AM

And I don't blame you Red chic

Namaste

eezi-ulgen 23-02-2023 03:30 PM

I hoping for remembrance on the Spirit side of Life.
As in a Grand reunion with the ones who have gone on.
For those that are here on Earth, if they remember a
glimpse of how I Lived and maybe a glimpse of how I made them feel
and they can draw a small amount of strength from that brief memory
that would fine.

Starman 23-02-2023 04:15 PM

I will be 76-years old this year and most of the people I know who have died have been in my age group or younger then me. It really does not matter to me how people remember me, or even if they remember me. People’s memories about you are more about them then it is about you.

I do not want anything on my tombstone except the date of my birth and date of my death, no other inscriptions. At the time of my death people that know me can hold a small celebration of my life but after that they need to let go of me.

My parents had six children and I am the youngest. Today I am the only living member of my human family of origin; all of my brothers and sisters, and my parents, have died. My memory of them is fading as I have all but completely let go of them. They may have reincarnated and are now on a new human journey as part of someone else’s family.

Redchic12 24-02-2023 04:44 AM

Re Starman

Yes Starman I totally agree with you. My sentiments exactly!

lostsoul13 24-02-2023 01:51 PM

I think I wouldn’t be remembered for quite a while..

My family came and went~ until they out live me, I wouldn’t be missed but I wouldn’t be remembered for anything unfortunately..

I’m still trying to make my mark and put my impression on the world..

When I was younger I was a very beautiful child.. very naughty looking almost like an immortal vampire ha!

inavalan 24-02-2023 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
"How do you want to be remembered when you die?"

I think it is always too early.

A better question: what am I here to do?