Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Mother Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=144919)

Podshell 24-09-2022 09:52 AM

Mother Nature

I used that title as I reckon nature provides above and beyond and yet some find ways of being critical of it.

I posed a question on another thread which I have put here to see if anyone can enlighten me a bit.it relates to a friend I often argue with.

"During our conversations, he often states that mass starvations occurred due to nature, they just happen anyway. I on the other hand think nature provides in abundance and any mass starvation of humans or animals occur due to other human interference , so can anyone find examples of mass starvation that have no human interference connected to them? maybe sometimes when some pitfall has happened but I cannot find an example of nature failing in the way he is trying to suggest.

If those multitude of penguins in the inhospitable wastes of the polar regions can march thousands of miles to feed themselves and their offspring, then what to say of humans in much better regions?"

Miss Hepburn 24-09-2022 10:15 AM

I think the natural droughts of vast areas in Africa hurt or kill 1000s upon thousands.

Podshell 24-09-2022 12:04 PM

I woner in the past if they had more freedom to travel so that they could find water sources as animal herds do,has their movement been curtailed and certain habitats gone?

Miss Hepburn 24-09-2022 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Podshell
I wonder in the past if they had more freedom to travel so that they could find water sources as animal herds do,
has their movement been curtailed and certain habitats gone?

I know what you mean.
That's why I actually said vast areas. Man, it would
be hard starving, no water, a family, a baby (always seems to be a baby!),
cracked, hot earth to go where?
Where you think there might be water. Where's the shade!
Very sad situation to be born into!

Podshell 24-09-2022 02:59 PM

Maybe many have been pushed into those situations due to say habitat destruction? I reckon people would normally cluster round lakes,seas and along rivers also nomadic tribes who would have followed herds for food and liquid,perhaps that has been disrupted now.Why do we not see mass starvation of penguins in the most inhospitable places,unless some pitfall occurs.Even with our overfishing many seem to cope well

AngelBlue 04-01-2023 06:43 AM

How strange that I just came across this thread and I had posted something very relevant on another topic with you POD ..
It was about how as humans we mostly don't "get it"... Survival I mean , and how mother nature needs no intervention from man in order to survive, neither do animals in the wild ... It's just "man" that is gormless and has no clue ....!!!

Native spirit 06-01-2023 09:57 AM

I would have to agree with that Angel. man is the scurge of the earth what they cant have they take.

Namaste

Just love 08-01-2023 11:07 AM

Imagine how beautiful our planet would be if there were no such thing as greed.

AngelBlue 09-01-2023 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just love
Imagine how beautiful our planet would be if there were no such thing as greed.

Exactly....

Native spirit 10-01-2023 08:23 PM

Im sorry to say that where money is concerned there will always be Greed

Namaste