Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Music (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Song of the day (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136797)

sentient 12-11-2020 04:32 PM

*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDxzrdlzrwk

*

ImthatIm 12-11-2020 05:20 PM

Lucky1
Love that Caribbean style music.:smile:

ImthatIm 12-11-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient
Nooooo. I have hardly ever come across it here, it is “Country” that you can’t always avoid or ”Irish”.

But I must confess – this Country ‘theme song’ became ‘my song’ at one point in time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2MOfFD1Z_c

And this! When I lived at Uluru and it rained on the Rock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4mTKcJfnnE

*


My Father's influence still resonates with me from my childhood.
He loves Country, Bluegrass and Honkytonk and he would drag his musical
drinking buddies to the house after closing time and they played and
it would be like a intimate mini concert.
If he could get my Mother to join in on piano, he would be in less trouble.

I tried not to like those styles of music when I was young.
I figured it cramped my Rock n Roll style.
Today I Love all sorts of good music of most all genres.

sentient 12-11-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
My Father's influence still resonates with me from my childhood.
He loves Country, Bluegrass and Honkytonk and he would drag his musical
drinking buddies to the house after closing time and they played and
it would be like a intimate mini concert.
If he could get my Mother to join in on piano, he would be in less trouble.

I tried not to like those styles of music when I was young.
I figured it cramped my Rock n Roll style.
Today I Love all sorts of good music of most all genres.


Me deep thinks ……. this bluegrass, country and folk must be genetic.
Or either – yeah - you must have been exposed to it when young, like Aussies are introduced to Vegemite :D

But of course, there’ll always be that one song here and there that grasps you from any genre & now I have got “Cold November Rain” in my brain, in a soaring heat and where is that rain! ….. Waiting, waiting, waiting ....

*

Anala 12-11-2020 05:43 PM

(*quietly whispers,... is it wrong of me to call you all brothers? I thank all 3 of you for the last few days. I hope you do not mind my quietly listening.)

ImthatIm 12-11-2020 06:04 PM

FOLI (there is no movement without rhythm) original version by Thomas Roebers and Floris Leeuwenberg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVPLIuBy9CY

sentient 12-11-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
FOLI (there is no movement without rhythm) original version by Thomas Roebers and Floris Leeuwenberg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVPLIuBy9CY


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtBSNnDYA7E

*

ImthatIm 12-11-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anala
(*quietly whispers,... is it wrong of me to call you all brothers? I thank all 3 of you for the last few days. I hope you do not mind my quietly listening.)


I am honored to call you Sister. :hug:

ImthatIm 12-11-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient


LOL, Genre= Creative construction site music. :wink:

ImthatIm 12-11-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient
Me deep thinks ……. this bluegrass, country and folk must be genetic.
Or either – yeah - you must have been exposed to it when young, like Aussies are introduced to Vegemite :D

But of course, there’ll always be that one song here and there that grasps you from any genre & now I have got “Cold November Rain” in my brain, in a soaring heat and where is that rain! ….. Waiting, waiting, waiting ....

*


If it helps about 1/8 Chinese 1/8 Pawnee & Shawnee 1/4 Irish
and the other 5/8th we just call it Gypsy =1 & 1/8 total :icon_eek: . LOL No offense to Gypsies.
It's just unknown.
There was a whole lot of adoption in my family tree.

Put that all together and I guess you can come up with Bluegrass.
But then I seen this band called Ganstagrass.LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCEHQ_nhxOA

Then of course Bluegrass music was spawned in the Appalachian Mountains
where the Irish and Scottish and Eastern tribes intermingled.
Here is a little audio pod recording that gives props to the Cherokee old timers
and their influence on bluegrass.

https://www.blueridgemusicnc.com/lis...t-in-bluegrass


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums