Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I wish God would let me develop my spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140747)

bigbrokevo 06-07-2021 03:45 PM

I wish God would let me develop my spirituality

I wish he would let me develop my spirituality, but its too late. I picked the wrong time to do it. God won't let me do ****. I should give up, maybe I don't need to be on this site anymore.

iamthat 06-07-2021 07:54 PM

Why blame God? The perceived obstacles to your spiritual development originate from you.

It is never too late to develop our spirituality - there is only now. So begin this moment.

Peace

Miss Hepburn 06-07-2021 08:26 PM

I agree. God is doing nothing like what you're saying.
Now if you are the sort that blames ---
think for a minute who could you blame instead?
And it could be more than one thing...that is if you can not stop yourself from blaming something...let's start there.

But, first I would ask ---where did you get the idea --I mean, who placed it in your head that God would
not let someone develop spiritually? Someone must have led you to believe God does these sorts of things. No?

Because from where I stand -God is doing everything to draw me nearer to Him...it's ME who gets distracted. :rolleyes:
For me, distraction is my biggest foe.

Added: Ha, just came across this from Abraham-Hicks:
''There is always another opportunity to direct your thoughts and accomplish momentum
in the direction of things that you do want.''

JustASimpleGuy 06-07-2021 10:24 PM

Do you have a map? By that I mean are you following a particular tradition and engaging its practices? What's your level of desire and dedication? What's your motivation? What's your expectation?

Concerning it being too late...

I dropped religion in my teens and that was in the 70s. I wasn't seriously religious before that either though spirituality was always in the background. I didn't get serious until a dozen years ago. It's not too late.

JustBe 06-07-2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbrokevo
I wish he would let me develop my spirituality, but its too late. I picked the wrong time to do it. God won't let me do ****. I should give up, maybe I don't need to be on this site anymore.

How you feel and what you want are your spiritual markers in all this.

People think spirituality is not inclusive of all of them. If you want to grow, stop the blame, feel your frustrations and let the door open.

Greenslade 07-07-2021 08:19 AM

Quote:

Victim mentality and feeling sorry for yourself is just as existential and therefore just as Spiritual as Spirituality.

bigbrokevo 08-07-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
Why blame God? The perceived obstacles to your spiritual development originate from you.

It is never too late to develop our spirituality - there is only now. So begin this moment.

Peace

God prevents me from doing it.

bigbrokevo 08-07-2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Do you have a map? By that I mean are you following a particular tradition and engaging its practices? What's your level of desire and dedication? What's your motivation? What's your expectation?

I dropped religion in my teens and that was in the 70s. I wasn't seriously religious before that either though spirituality was always in the background. I didn't get serious until a dozen years ago. It's not too late.

No, I'm not following any particular tradition, I just want all of my chakras unblocked, lucid dream, astral project, connect with my spirit guide (which I think I got a clear answer from yesterday) connect with my higher self, expand my consciousness, work with demons/angels--the reason why I want to work with demons and angles, I thought they might would help me overcome these trials I'm facing..

bigbrokevo 08-07-2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy

No, I'm not following any particular tradition, I just want all of my chakras unblocked, lucid dream, astral project, connect with my spirit guide (which I think I got a clear answer from yesterday) connect with my higher self, expand my consciousness, work with demons/angels--the reason why I want to work with demons and angles, I thought they might would help me overcome these trials I'm facing..

iamthat 08-07-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

God prevents me from doing it.

You are preventing yourself from doing it.

Peace