Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Non Duality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Does The One experience something? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=143285)

Ewwerrin 20-03-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
From the Mandukya Karika:

17. If the phenomenal is created it will be destroyed. This duality of creation and destruction is an illusion. It is actually uncreated non-dual Awareness

And so you are saying that Atman was never created by Brahman? But that it is just an extra unnecessery word for Brahman?

Ewwerrin 20-03-2022 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
There is just Brahman, nothing more is needed.

Well, I agree, but where does change come from then? When there is just brahman then everything simple is... That is nice. But I don't experience everything simply being. Everything is changing all of the time. There is not even one thing in all of the universe that simply.... is... Without relentlessly neverendingly and unceasingly becoming something else.
So how does Brahman bring about change?

JustASimpleGuy 20-03-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
And so you are saying that Atman was never created by Brahman? But that it is just an extra unnecessery word for Brahman?

Loosely speaking and in dualistic terms I suppose Atman would be considered one's Soul and that works fine for Dvaita, however Advaita will say Atman is Brahman because there is no second. Dvaita and Advaita work off the same source documents.

Greenslade 20-03-2022 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
So how does Brahman bring about change?

Since you are Atman and by extension Brahman, you're doing a fine job on your own.

Ewwerrin 20-03-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Loosely speaking and in dualistic terms I suppose Atman would be considered one's Soul and that works fine for Dvaita, however Advaita will say Atman is Brahman because there is no second. Dvaita and Advaita work off the same source documents.

Ok thanks. So atman extension of brahman like fingers are part of the hand I assume. One thing out of all things are made. Now, how or where does change come from? Because brahman and atman simply is... So how come we experience change? Everything constantly changing?

Ewwerrin 20-03-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
Since you are Atman and by extension Brahman, you're doing a fine job on your own.

Nononono! :D hahaa I dont want change.

I am asking how does change happen, since brahman is.. simply is.... And suddenly here I am part of brahman. And nothing simply is! Not even one thing is simply being. Its all constantly changing. Every single thing in the universe is in constant never ending motion. How does that change come from Brahman? How does that happen? Brahman simply is and suddenly everything changes never endingly and forever. What happens in between? How did the change come about?

Ewwerrin 20-03-2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viswa
I mean, Brahman cannot be said "Non-Existence", as well as Brahman cannot be said "Existence". I didn't say "Brahman does not exist". I say it is Beyond Existence and Non-existence, holistically.

One never knows "What is Brahman". All is Brahman whatever it might be. But, Brahman as a whole, is beyond one thinks/knows/experiences as 'this'. It's like only relatively/logically it can be said as 'this'/existence. In absolute sense what it is or how it is, No one knows.

Oh you mean Brahman cannot be known. Well.... In that case we are all doomed. So lets start over again. PUSH THE REST BUTTON! :biggrin:

Ewwerrin 20-03-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

So, only as Gross experience, it's changing. But in subtle manner, it is there, forever, eternal. Experience is only limited.

wow thanks for that reply. That's so deep.

So ur saying the eternal unchanging state of all things are always there but we cannot experience them viscerally vividly and lucidly really unless we create time and space to experience change, right?

Greenslade 20-03-2022 02:19 PM

Quote:

But, giving characteristics to Brahman brings up many confusions.

There is just Brahman, giving Brahman characteristics is one's ego but that is Brahman too. The mind struggles with that one.

Where does experience come from? What is the 'nature' of experience? The thing is, there are a few things that are talked about in these forums but there seems to be very little of the understanding of how they come about. If you're going to talk about experiences, doesn't it help to know where they come from?

Did you also know that you can become attached to non-attachment? And that detachment can become dissociation, which is a personality issue?

One can experience changing nature and yet never suffer because the changing nature is not the cause of suffering, our response to the changes causes the suffering. The experiences are created by the experiencer, and the experiencer becomes the experiences by way of response.

Ewwerrin 20-03-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

:D

That's the purpose of Upanishads. Not Brahman. Brahman, just a word, used for contemplation, a most important word. What it is - whatever things tried, happens to be doomed. To cut the bondage to objects/prakriti/material nature/Mind-Body-etc., Brahman is coined and identified to Bliss, and Upanishads stops there, but not describing Brahman. So, in this not knowing, a tremendous silence. Peace. When there is an urge to know, waves and thoughts and objects and experiences and disturbance. But, when one truly knows one can never know it, tremendous satisfaction in Oneself of it's Infinity, which can be never known as a Finite. :hug3:

Hahaha wow thats beautiful thanks. Complete surrender. Feeling completely at ease. Completely open to the ever new unfolding.