Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What is Eternal? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=617)

Katara 28-07-2006 02:50 AM

What is Eternal?

When we leave this life, what remains? Is our mind and the way we think in this life eternal (though ever evolving)? Or what about our astral body, is that eternal or is it attached to the physical and therefore only temporary?...What remains apart of our soul?

And...

If we truly do reincarnate and evolve, do we keep a piece of our past selves along the way? For example, if I am a certain way in this life, do some of those characteristics remain with me throughout my journey (the ones that come from my heart & soul or even my likes and dislikes)? Example would be my compassion for animals, or a certain type of animal even, being humble, loving nature, love for the arts etc. Again what remains eternal? Are those things I just mentioned just temporary things that die with my physical body? Because if we are completely different in our next incarnation, wouldn't that be pointless? If we are suppose to evolve to our greater/true self, how can we do that when our evolution in one life, has nothing to do with who we are in the next?

Forgive me if I

peteyzen 28-07-2006 08:36 AM

Hi katara, I would like to give my take on your questions, as it has been explained to me, one day, who knows, maybe I will know if it is true.

The mind is a product of the brain , our physical body, and through the mind we create an ego, an identity whilst here, it is more complicated than that because our ego and life situation is affected by past karma, both of which hav influence along side past experience on our character.

However when we die (physically) two aspects of ourselves pass over along with our light or astral body, these are our atma and our soul. The atma is the divine spark which exists in us all it is the true you and it is a part of the divine a direct link to god (which underneath all the rubbish is what we are.) The soul acts as a kind of ackashic record ( I am so sure I have spelt that incorrectly, I apologise in advance) it stores all of the experiences of this life and holds the full gamut of all our other lives experiences too. So when you fgind a child that has a remarkable musical talent, for example, this is due to the soul holding on to past life experiences that filter through into this life.

The astral body is just one body that allows us to traverse the astral plane and the physical one, to travelk in the higher planbes a body of a higher vibrational rate is required and each plane has its own body, you have around you seven sheaths each is awaiting you to reach a higher rate so that you can become aware of it and hence use that body in the appropriate realm.

As far as your evolution, that takes place at a higher level of choice than just a humna mind. It is your atma which chooses along wwith your karma where you and into which body you next re incarnate. Be assured that you are constantly evolving but you need to live this life, the lessons from the last one have been learned and if they havent then situations will arise to allow you to play out the lesson as required. You will remember all that you need to know. Too much of the pr3evfious life would only confuse things for you in this life. Remeber it is the development of the soul that is taking place and that is very difficult measure to understand from a human standpoint.
Hope that helps, love and light Kat
Also what lovely humility to ask such wonderful questions.

Katara 02-08-2006 04:53 AM

Forgive me for taking so long to thank you for the very insightful reply. And thank you for the compliment *smiles*. I tend to ask a lot of questions and with every answer arises more questions in the never ending search for knowledge...hehe, but it is all apart of our great journey...

Blessed Be Kat

Ascended Master 02-08-2006 10:45 AM

:wink:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Katara
Forgive me for taking so long to thank you for the very insightful reply. And thank you for the compliment *smiles*. I tend to ask a lot of questions and with every answer arises more questions in the never ending search for knowledge...hehe, but it is all apart of our great journey...

Blessed Be Kat

The chakras pull into the soul centre, then the soul centre pulls into the spirit centre (imagine several orbs of light, one by one merging to form one common point).

The effect of this happening combines the energetic blueprint of this life experience with our spirit core..... To take onto our next natural 'home'.

The process of re-incarnation involves the 'plotting' of a new energetic strategy, and is basically a dissassemblement of these energetic layers back into a new body with the right energies in the right places, to bring about the lessons we need to overcome.

Or so I am taught... :wink:

Katara 02-08-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascended Master
:wink:

The chakras pull into the soul centre, then the soul centre pulls into the spirit centre (imagine several orbs of light, one by one merging to form one common point).

The effect of this happening combines the energetic blueprint of this life experience with our spirit core..... To take onto our next natural 'home'.

The process of re-incarnation involves the 'plotting' of a new energetic strategy, and is basically a dissassemblement of these energetic layers back into a new body with the right energies in the right places, to bring about the lessons we need to overcome.

Or so I am taught... :wink:

That is a beautiful concept Ascended master. Makes sense, but I always thought the Soul could not merge with the Spirit until we have reached oneness? Because the Spirit is perfection, it is one with God and it will not allow us to come back until we have reached the oneness we seek?

May I ask, what is the difference between soul and spirit and what do they mean in your belief? Because I notice there are many different explanations and I am curious to know what you were taught.

I believe Soul is the growing and learning portion of our whole. The Soul is on a journey and the Subconscious is the mind of our soul body. And Spirit is the SuperConscious (our Godhead). Or vise versa...I always get the two mixed up (Soul/Spirit). But of course my beliefs could very well change, as they do...

Blessed be

Glorymist 03-08-2006 12:32 AM

Great questions, Katara.

I am eager for Ascended Masters answers.

Katara 03-08-2006 01:40 AM

Thank you, Glory Mist.

Hehe, yes Ascended Master's answers are very interesting and inspiring...

eternity 03-08-2006 09:48 AM

Hello Katara,
Wow,your questions are very deep and well along the path of knowledge.You have lived many lives and gained much knowledge already to be at a point to ask what you have.My blessings to you.
I wish to agree with all that Peteyzen has told you.He appears to be a very advanced soul.
Light and grace.
Eternity.

Ascended Master 03-08-2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glorymist
Great questions, Katara.

I am eager for Ascended Masters answers.

Hi Katara / Glorymist

You stumped me completely there Katara, so I spent a bit of time pondering last night to try and come up with an answer.

I'm not sure what I feel about saying this, but here goes....

I refer to this life's experience as being the experience of the soul?
The part of our being that manifests with the body but has its own 'core'.
The "mind of our soul body", as you say... The part of us that has a specific growth process / energy matrix for this lifetime - which manifests in the chakras and energy layers of the physical body.

Although the part I am questioning, is whether or not our spirit is the 'Godhead'?....
Maybe it is only our Godhead?

By nature of our being, our Godhead can exist where the highest realm of spirit resides, which many religious teachings would urge us to believe is the only way.... although maybe it can also exist at the lowest level of vibration, where the lowest realm of spirit resides? - if that is the way our being has chosen to go?

Maybe this ‘Godhead’ we all speak of is common to us all, but only what we want it to be? With the application of 'freedom of choice' and all that.

I’ve seen many orbs before in grotty environments that are dirty red for example, and nobody can tell me that was ‘a pure spirit’?
In fact they're not, and it wasn't.
What came with these orbs was also harm to my physical being, as well as a whole load of other situations involving 'the dark', which make me sick, which I wont go into at this time. But this can only prove the reality of this conclusion up to a certain extent?

This project is still ongoing too, and has been since September 2005. So the very 'nature' of both sides of the fence is something I have experienced a lot of. In life, and via spirit? Both good and bad.

While I’m happy to believe certain individuals possess a spirit that resides in the highest realm of being, I am also prepared to accept that the opposite is more than a possibility. Looking at certain individuals, I fail to see where conscience or 'a connection to a higher source' is possible, no matter what I am told or being asked to believe.

Love and light,

AM

Ascended Master 03-08-2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eternity
Hello Katara,
Wow,your questions are very deep and well along the path of knowledge.You have lived many lives and gained much knowledge already to be at a point to ask what you have.My blessings to you.
I wish to agree with all that Peteyzen has told you.He appears to be a very advanced soul.
Light and grace.
Eternity.

Hi Eternity,

Most of the time I've got a spike of dark energy stuck in my spine, and 'several spirits' getting stuck into my head, above my eyelids and behind my ears, along with a spike in my ankle and lower back. Plus dark 'cords' running through my shoulder blades and hips.
Explaining occasionally why I come across wrongly?

I find it hard sometimes to see where the light is, mainly due to how much the dark hates my light.

As the lovely lady at the spiritualist church said all those years ago... "the realms of light have heard you getting angry, and they don't mind if you need to shout at them.... they know who you are and you're on their hook now.... they're not going to let you go. You will feel like shouting at them much much more in the future, but that is okay.... you have an entrepreneurial gift of mediumship.... aren't you lucky...."

Sometimes I feel lucky, but then sometimes I don't?

All I can do is apologise for not being able to be my best at all times.

Love and light

AM

DASA 03-08-2006 03:11 PM

The Energy and the Energetic

Hello Katara,

Good questions - Here are some thoughts that I thought might be of interest:

The living entities are qualitatively one with the Supreme Lord, just as the sparks of a fire are qualitatively one with the fire. Yet sparks are not fire as far as quantity is concerned, for the quantity of heat and light present in the sparks is not equal to that in fire. The maha-bhagavata, the great devotee, sees oneness in the sense that he sees everything as the energy of the Supreme Lord. Since there is no difference between the energy and the energetic, there is the sense of oneness. Although from the analytical point of view heat and light are different from fire, there is no meaning to the word "fire" without heat and light. In synthesis, therefore, heat, light and fire are the same.

It is described in ancient Vedic scripture that the individual sparks of the supreme whole (the Lord) possess almost eighty percent of the known qualities of the whole, but they are not quantitatively equal to the Supreme Lord. These qualities are present in minute quantity, for the living entity is but a minute part and parcel of the supreme whole. To use another analogy, the quantity of salt present in a drop is never comparable to the quantity of salt present in the complete ocean, but the salt present in the drop is qualitatively equal in chemical composition to all the salt present in the ocean. If the individual living being were equal to the Supreme Lord both qualitatively and quantitatively, there would be no question of his being under the influence of the material energy. According to Vedic knowledge no living being -- not even the powerful demigods -- can surpass the Supreme Being in any respect. However, in a broader sense there is one interest, just as in a family the interest of all members is one, or in a nation the national interest is one, although there are many different individual citizens. Since the living entities are all members of the same supreme family, their interest and that of the Supreme Being are not different. Every living being is the son of the Supreme Being. As stated in the Bhagavad-gita (Chapter 7, Text 5), all living creatures throughout the universe -- including birds, reptiles, ants, aquatics, trees and so on -- are emanations of the marginal potency of the Supreme Lord. Therefore all of them belong to the family of the Supreme Being. There is no clash of interest.

The spiritual entities are meant for enjoyment. By nature and constitution, every living being -- including the Supreme Lord and each of His parts and parcels -- is meant for eternal enjoyment. The living beings who are encaged in the material tabernacle are constantly seeking enjoyment, but they are seeking it on the wrong platform. Apart from the material platform is the spiritual platform, where the Supreme Being enjoys Himself with His innumerable associates. On that platform there is no trace of material qualities, and therefore that platform is called nirguna. On the nirguna platform there is never a clash over the object of enjoyment. Here in the material world there is always a clash between different individual beings because here the proper center of enjoyment is missed. The real center of enjoyment is the Supreme Lord. We are all meant to join Him and enjoy life with one transcendental interest and without any clash. That is the highest platform of spiritual interest, and as soon as one realizes this perfect form of oneness, there can be no question of illusion (moha) or lamentation (soka).

Best Wishes,

Dasa

Katara 04-08-2006 06:02 AM

Responding to your post, Ascended Master

Quote:

Ascended Master

Forgive me if I go here and there...I've been finding it difficult to concentrate lately and grasp such concepts. And I may be raising more subjects than intended.

The way I've learned it and believe it, is our Spirit is our Godhead and the Godhead at the same time. We are one with God, though still somewhat individual (which many may disagree with).

"According to Cayce, our spirit self is, has been, and always will be

peteyzen 04-08-2006 10:16 AM

eternity: If only I was an advanced soul my friend, if only.
But thank you for your kind words anyhow,

Ascended Master: I can`t tell you how powerful and helpful your posts are to us all on this site my friend, positively inspirational!!!
We all feel lucky and unlucky at times just check out some of my posts I am exactly the same. This path is hard, it is the ultimate path, its what we are really supposed to be doing and as an endeavour , it is the highest a human can take on.
Please never, ever apologise for not being at your best at all times, because if you were, my friend, non of us could compare to you in the slightest.
We all have ups and downs, it is the natiure of this work and we grow by picking ourselves up time and time again.
You know where the light is. Try not to seperate light and dark rather see it as deserve and not deserve and act appropriately.

Wow look at me giving you advice!!?? I apologise
Best regards Pete

eternity 04-08-2006 10:52 AM

Thank you so much for your lovely reply.
Please never apologise,not needed.
Offer all the dark to the Divine,you will see a rapid change.The divine is the ultimate light and will hear all prayers that are given direct.
Offer all,anger love frustration any thing that blocks the light.
Please keep me in touch with your future events.
Blessings.
Light and grace.
Eternity.

Katara 04-08-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Hello Katara,
Light and grace.
Eternity.

Thank you eternity, that means a lot that you say that. Many Blessings to you as well.

I believe in most of what Peteyzen has said...I'm just questioning the first part, because I think the brain is more a product of the mind, rather than the other way(just as the physcial is a product of the Soul, in which we use as our lower/earthly vehicle of expression) but at the same time is shaped by physical means, situations, parents etc...and I believe that part of our ego, life situation etc, are determind before we incarnate and the rest is shaped and up to us, for the most part, when we get here.

But I went back to reread your post Peteyzen and I understood it more the next few times around *winks*and got more out of it. I like how you explained each body, it makes a lot of sense. The Atma for me, would seem to be our GodHead I was speaking of, the direct link to God as you said and the Soul of course, would be the Soul and as you put it an Akashic (sp?) record, which can communicate between the Divine and the Physical.

Thank you again for the insight. Blessed Be

Red Sky 05-08-2006 02:16 AM

Hi Katara,

I've asked these questions many times over. I do believe in reincarnation yet I also do not quite grasp the concept of being born again as an entirely different person. I've always wanted to have a past life regression to understand the person or persons I was and the person I am now. Maybe I'll get around to it someday. It sounds like we have some things in common like our compassion for animals.

Glorymist 05-08-2006 09:50 AM

Agreed. The brain is mostly a "receiving station" for the mental awareness of each individual. The little neurons are actually separate "receivers" and we implement what is received and how by training it during infancy / childhood / etc.

As far as not remembering what we were in past lives - - consider what I just said above. We come into each life with a "new brain." In other words - - all the receiving stations have to be re-trained. The tendencies towards our previous beliefs are carried in the causal body. Hence - - the name causal. It is one of those bodies / sheaths that Soul (or the Atman) uses to be able to withstand the harsh environment here in these worlds.

And yes - - the "tendency" for certain things to happen in our lives is something we bring with us. We will bring the high tendency to do this or meet that person or go thru this experience at some point or another. What we "do" with it - - how we deal with it - - how we react to these situations and what we make out of them - - is always up to us. No one knows how the individual will act / react until in the middle of the situation itself.

As with all things - - semantics plays a HUGE part in the understanding or misunderstanding of how things "are" or how they "work." The ancient teachings offer this information - - the one true God is at the center of all existence. This "God exudes an essence - - a Spirit if you will - - and this gives rise to the concept of Divine Spirit / Holy Ghost / etc. Soul / Atman is spawned as a KNOWING aspect of Divine Spirit Itself. (The whole principle of Soul being a knowing aspect is the crux of SO much of the Path and the understanding of it that it is incredible.) Divine Spirit and Soul are of the pure essence of God. When Soul must enter into the lower world of duality / opposites - - where there is a negative factor to contend with - - then Soul must take on bodies / sheaths / armour (if you will) to withstand the harsh vibrations. From the top down - - these are the etheric to the mental to the causal (past lives) to the astral (emotions) and finally to the physical. The causal is in between the astral and the mental so that it "shapes so much of what and how we view our own personal lives.

I don't like to portray all of this in such a "pancake" fashion. It's not that way at all. Each of these bodies is just a matter of vibrational differences and each can occupy the same "space" because they can layer one on top of each other because of these vibrancies.

Soul / Atman - - is the driver of "them" all. Of all the bodies. But - - for the most part - - unknowingly. To finally figure all of this out - - to understand and contend with each of these facets - - to isolate Self as Soul and to knowing begin to "drive" each of these bodies for the benefit of Self and for all - - and ultimately - - to learn to step momentarily beyond the etheric world and back into the true home of Soul and be able to carry on living thru a balance of it all - - is pretty much - - the Path.

In my very humble opinion.

Maarkandeya 05-08-2006 01:23 PM

Just enter the stillness beyond thoughts and concepts. Discover THAT which really is. All the rest is talk.

Glorymist 05-08-2006 02:12 PM

Depends on what you mean by "stillness" and what you "do" when there.

The vast majority of LIFE IT-self is beyond thought and concept. No news there. But "beyond thought and concept" doesn't necessarily mean one big empty void where there is no Life at all.

There is MUCH more to Divine Spirit than just silence. Much more than just stillness. Much more than the lack of "things."

Much more.

Can you tell me a little about that, Maarkandeya ??

(And please - - no "it's beyond words so I cannot tell you anything.")

AZCowGirl 05-08-2006 06:14 PM

things to ponder

"I and the creator of all things are ONE"

"We are an extension of God Source Energy"

"There is only a source of LIGHT or the absense of it"

"When we die we re-emerge into pure positive energy"

I think we make to much of all of this...we are all ONE each expressing
ourselves as what we preceive as individual or seprate!

We all have a broader wiser inner being, spirit guide or angel, pick your term,
we are just an extension of that expressing into this time/space reality (illusion)...a very small part of us is here...we can sense the inner world
by being still/meditate...

We come back again and again to have different experiences that add to the whole or source...We are here to experience this time...not relive past times!
we chose to be physical...more and more are here in physical form at this time...it is the time of great awakening...We are the same extension of pure positive energy just expressing in a different form to have a new experience...

Would you watch the same movie over and over and over again and only that movie? At some point you may want a change or a new experience...

A belief is just a thought we keep thinking...

what do you all think? :angel1:

Glorymist 06-08-2006 12:12 AM

Without a doubt - - each and every individual Soul is "composed" of the same exact spiritual essence / energy. Each - - is equal. The only difference is in the degree of realization and what we do / how we live that realization.

The whole concept of "oneness" is vital - - unquestionably. But as with all aspects of the Path - - there is a balance to in in the livingness of it.

Suppose each atom in the Ocean had the capability of finally determining that it was a viable, individual drop. NOT - - separate. NOT - - apart. But individual. Would the next step to that discovery be to launch back into the Ocean and just meld back into it ?? Would one wish to discover their individuality only to give it up again ??

Yes - - there is an aspect of this. A lot of this has to do with Service to Life. But still - - Soul must learn to live in both worlds. Here - - and in the Pure Worlds of God - - at the same time. So - - one must learn to live as melded back into the whole - - but also as an individual. As a microcosm and a macrocosm.

So many people view "all is one" as some kind of end result to it all.

That would make the Path way too easy.

Katara 07-08-2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Without a doubt - - each and every individual Soul is "composed" of the same exact spiritual essence / energy. Each - - is equal. The only difference is in the degree of realization and what we do / how we live that realization.

The whole concept of "oneness" is vital - - unquestionably. But as with all aspects of the Path - - there is a balance to in in the livingness of it.

Suppose each atom in the Ocean had the capability of finally determining that it was a viable, individual drop. NOT - - separate. NOT - - apart. But individual. Would the next step to that discovery be to launch back into the Ocean and just meld back into it ?? Would one wish to discover their individuality only to give it up again ??

Yes - - there is an aspect of this. A lot of this has to do with Service to Life. But still - - Soul must learn to live in both worlds. Here - - and in the Pure Worlds of God - - at the same time. So - - one must learn to live as melded back into the whole - - but also as an individual. As a microcosm and a macrocosm.

So many people view "all is one" as some kind of end result to it all.

That would make the Path way too easy.

Beautifully said...I always wondered about the whole "oneness" concept, afraid it was the end result, as you said. Everyone always talks about getting rid of self/ego and it makes no sense to me? I always believe that we still maintain our individuality while becoming one with the Source at the same time and ego isn't a bad thing when working in harmony with your heart and Soul...Balance. Thank you for your wonderful thoughts and your other post also, very well said, Glorymist. I do have one quesiton though, what did you mean when you said "Soul / Atman - - is the driver of "them" all. Of all the bodies. But - - for the most part - - unknowingly." How, if soul is a "KNOWING aspect of Divine Spirit Itself", how does it not know this?

And thank you DASA for your thoughts as well...*smiles*

Many Blessings

Glorymist 07-08-2006 05:42 PM

Katara - - just as an aside - - what I often have the most trouble with in dealing with these forums is that I make entries that explain these facets / things - - and then I forget what forum I made them in and what entry they are - - so I am always building on concepts as if everyone has already read them all and everything should just fall into place. HeH I am finding that is NOT the case ! !

First - - try to understand that when I use slash marks - - such as Soul / atman - - I am just using that because people always used to jump on my choice of a single word so I began to use multiple choices that meant the same thing so it would cut down on the whole semantics issues. It works - - to some extent.

Now - - Soul - - is "composed" if you will - - of Pure Spirit. Soul is from the Pure Worlds of God - - by whatever name / concept you wish to accept here. But the nature of the school room is to dump poor Soul down into the worlds of duality to discover who and what It (Soul) is by first discovering who and what It is not. So - - Soul is very much out of Its element here. Like - - dumping us (our physical bodies) down into the ocean. We would die ! ! So would Soul. Therefore - - Soul was given "bodies" to use as protective coverings to protect it from the harsh environments - - just as we might use wet suits or deep sea diving gear to protect us from dropping down into the depths of the ocean. These "bodies" that we are given - - ARE in their element here. They are composed of the lower world elements - - which are both the positive and negative atoms / energies / etc.

In other words - - mind is "stronger" than Soul here because mind is in its natural habitat - - so to speak. Add to that - - the handicap of reincarnation - - which puts us at a very precarious level at each birth - - and we them ust learn the ways and means of the society we are born into for that lifetime - - and since the world promotes the ways and means of mind and emotions - - Soul is taught that mind and emotions are where it's at ! ! Soul accepts this as being true. It never knew otherwise.

But thru the various lifetimes - - Soul begins to realize that there are limits to mind - - and often - - other limitions are the very result of mind itself. Soul begins to suspect mind as being just a tool - - rather than the absolute master that mind wishes to be considered as.

Soul - - unknowingly - - at first - - accepted mind as the master of all that happened within each lifetime - - because mind was in its element and Soul was not. Finally - - the penduluum swings the other way. The battle is long, scary, and fierce. Mind NEVER wishes to relinquish its mastery over Soul. Most often - - mind considers Soul to be a clear and obnoxious enemy to it (mind) and always fights against Soul to maintain its (mind) supremecy.

Ultimately - - Soul gains grounds here - - but not in the way most people believe the "victory" to be won.

About the "oneness" thing - - remember that we ARE both one AND individual. We are one with Divine Spirit yet we are individual at the same time - - otherwise we would not even recognize ourselves as being the proverbial "drop" in the ocean. We are one and individual within the lower worlds - - because mind is the tool that made all in the lower worlds - - and since there is only one overall universal mind - - or one complete / overall mental awareness / faculty - - then these worlds are all composed from the mental awareness - - yet are individual because of the differences in perception and in what we mentally perceive our world to be.

And lastly - - we are one with all of LIFE IT-self - - which would comprise all of existence - - yet we are individual in our experiences and our understanding / realization of what all of "this" is and what all of "this" means.

What I have just put there - - is a good example of the concept of the "three in the three" - - which is a basis for all the various "trinities" in the world. There are three different facets of it all that compose the whole - - but still remain individual at the same time. Like - - positive / negative / neutral - - or - - father / son / holy ghost. Each distinct - - yet whole - - yet again - - distinct.

This - - in turn - - is the basis of balance - - or a good part of it. Balance all facets - - understand each - - "use" them all as what they were intended to be used as.

Not that we are going to "use" - - God. HeH ! ! I think I gave too many examples there. But - - many people try to "use" God as a "gimmee" God. So - - I guess - - that concept isn't too far-fetched either.

I'd better stop here. I'm even confusing myself ! !

Ascended Master 09-08-2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peteyzen
eternity: If only I was an advanced soul my friend, if only.
But thank you for your kind words anyhow,

Ascended Master: I can`t tell you how powerful and helpful your posts are to us all on this site my friend, positively inspirational!!!
We all feel lucky and unlucky at times just check out some of my posts I am exactly the same. This path is hard, it is the ultimate path, its what we are really supposed to be doing and as an endeavour , it is the highest a human can take on.
Please never, ever apologise for not being at your best at all times, because if you were, my friend, non of us could compare to you in the slightest.
We all have ups and downs, it is the natiure of this work and we grow by picking ourselves up time and time again.
You know where the light is. Try not to seperate light and dark rather see it as deserve and not deserve and act appropriately.

Wow look at me giving you advice!!?? I apologise
Best regards Pete

Thank you Pete, best regards to you too.

With all the love and light in the universe...

AM

Ascended Master 09-08-2006 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katara
"According to Cayce, our spirit self is, has been, and always will be “before the throne of God.” It is perfect, unblemished, made in the image of Elohim, as recorded in Genesis 1. Cayce says that it is “a thing apart from anything earthy,” and does not descend into the realms of Earth unless we lift ourselves up to it and connect with it. Even then, it remains shielded from earthly influences

You're thoughts are inspiring in theirself Katara.

Keep going and enjoy the ride!

AM

Ascended Master 09-08-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Thank you so much for your lovely reply.
Please never apologise,not needed.
Offer all the dark to the Divine,you will see a rapid change.The divine is the ultimate light and will hear all prayers that are given direct.
Offer all,anger love frustration any thing that blocks the light.
Please keep me in touch with your future events.
Blessings.
Light and grace.
Eternity.

Hi Eternity

Thank you for that... :smile:

Bless you, with love and light.

AM

Katara 10-08-2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

Katara - - just as an aside - - what I often have the most trouble with in dealing with these forums is that I make entries that explain these facets / things - - and then I forget what forum I made them in and what entry they are - - so I am always building on concepts as if everyone has already read them all and everything should just fall into place. HeH I am finding that is NOT the case ! !

First - - try to understand that when I use slash marks - - such as Soul / atman - - I am just using that because people always used to jump on my choice of a single word so I began to use multiple choices that meant the same thing so it would cut down on the whole semantics issues. It works - - to some extent.

Now - - Soul - - is "composed" if you will - - of Pure Spirit. Soul is from the Pure Worlds of God - - by whatever name / concept you wish to accept here. But the nature of the school room is to dump poor Soul down into the worlds of duality to discover who and what It (Soul) is by first discovering who and what It is not. So - - Soul is very much out of Its element here. Like - - dumping us (our physical bodies) down into the ocean. We would die ! ! So would Soul. Therefore - - Soul was given "bodies" to use as protective coverings to protect it from the harsh environments - - just as we might use wet suits or deep sea diving gear to protect us from dropping down into the depths of the ocean. These "bodies" that we are given - - ARE in their element here. They are composed of the lower world elements - - which are both the positive and negative atoms / energies / etc.

In other words - - mind is "stronger" than Soul here because mind is in its natural habitat - - so to speak. Add to that - - the handicap of reincarnation - - which puts us at a very precarious level at each birth - - and we them ust learn the ways and means of the society we are born into for that lifetime - - and since the world promotes the ways and means of mind and emotions - - Soul is taught that mind and emotions are where it's at ! ! Soul accepts this as being true. It never knew otherwise.

But thru the various lifetimes - - Soul begins to realize that there are limits to mind - - and often - - other limitions are the very result of mind itself. Soul begins to suspect mind as being just a tool - - rather than the absolute master that mind wishes to be considered as.

Soul - - unknowingly - - at first - - accepted mind as the master of all that happened within each lifetime - - because mind was in its element and Soul was not. Finally - - the penduluum swings the other way. The battle is long, scary, and fierce. Mind NEVER wishes to relinquish its mastery over Soul. Most often - - mind considers Soul to be a clear and obnoxious enemy to it (mind) and always fights against Soul to maintain its (mind) supremecy.

Ultimately - - Soul gains grounds here - - but not in the way most people believe the "victory" to be won.

About the "oneness" thing - - remember that we ARE both one AND individual. We are one with Divine Spirit yet we are individual at the same time - - otherwise we would not even recognize ourselves as being the proverbial "drop" in the ocean. We are one and individual within the lower worlds - - because mind is the tool that made all in the lower worlds - - and since there is only one overall universal mind - - or one complete / overall mental awareness / faculty - - then these worlds are all composed from the mental awareness - - yet are individual because of the differences in perception and in what we mentally perceive our world to be.

And lastly - - we are one with all of LIFE IT-self - - which would comprise all of existence - - yet we are individual in our experiences and our understanding / realization of what all of "this" is and what all of "this" means.

What I have just put there - - is a good example of the concept of the "three in the three" - - which is a basis for all the various "trinities" in the world. There are three different facets of it all that compose the whole - - but still remain individual at the same time. Like - - positive / negative / neutral - - or - - father / son / holy ghost. Each distinct - - yet whole - - yet again - - distinct.

This - - in turn - - is the basis of balance - - or a good part of it. Balance all facets - - understand each - - "use" them all as what they were intended to be used as.

Not that we are going to "use" - - God. HeH ! ! I think I gave too many examples there. But - - many people try to "use" God as a "gimmee" God. So - - I guess - - that concept isn't too far-fetched either.

I'd better stop here. I'm even confusing myself ! !

THank you for clarifying, Glorymist. *Smiles*

Many Blessings

Katara 10-08-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascended Master
You're thoughts are inspiring in theirself Katara.

Keep going and enjoy the ride!

AM

Thank you AM...*Smiles*

Blessed Be

mikron 13-09-2006 05:53 AM

The Answer to you question is really so simple its obvious!!

when you die you go into your astral body, and the when the astral body dies you go into your mental body and when that dies you go into your spiritual body after that you go to the center of the galaxy where great spirt resides and its a one way ticket! no one every comes becuase there so happy ! so the rest of dont really know until its our time !

mikron

Tickle_Awakening_Sport 16-09-2006 01:07 AM

Everything is Ever Eternal Or Momentary

In my humble Opinion-- Everything in the cosmos is ever Eternal and ever MOmentary as well..Some Moments become Eternal and some eternities become Momentary as well.
All that happens is 'a Shift in Consciousness" of that Which is Observing all Changes or Unchanging reality and illusion.
Once that Observer is in a sleep mode, nothing matters.
Love n Light
JAGS

BLAIR2BE 16-09-2006 10:16 PM

Our Soul Is Eternal. Our Soul Is Not What Changes. It Is Our Awareness Of It That Changes.

Glorymist 16-09-2006 10:21 PM

Blair - - you are exactly right ! ! Without a doubt - - you are right on the money ! !

You might consider - - you personally - - begin to say - - "I as Soul am eternal." Or - - "I as Soul do not change."

Begin to refer to yourself as Soul first - - and all else is added unto you. You might already do so - - and if so - - I apologize for suggesting what you already do.

But if not - - you might consider starting - - knowing that ego will begin to dance and cartwheel - - and you'll just have to be aware of that. Work to perceive what is what.

Go from there.

BLAIR2BE 16-09-2006 10:27 PM

Your Words Are Gold Glorymist. This Instant, My Arms Have Goosebumps. Ive Been Zapped By A Wave Of Energy And Many Things Will Make More Sense. This Simple But Divine Idea Has Eluded Me Until Now:)

BLAIR2BE 16-09-2006 10:27 PM

Everyone Consider Glorymists Advice...

BLAIR2BE 16-09-2006 10:28 PM

I Mean, I knew It Already, But The Application Wasnt There. Its Hard To Explain...

Glorymist 16-09-2006 10:58 PM

Blair - - don't analyze / try to explain. That takes it all back into the mental worlds.

Just recognize / realize - - and live it.

But - - be gentle. Mind doesn't like force. In approach. In retreat. In interaction.

Bob23 17-09-2006 09:45 PM

Some may say, "What~is, is eternal."

And some may not perhaps.

:smile:

Glorymist 17-09-2006 10:16 PM

People who wish to maintain / promote the continuous mystery of it all will ask such circular nonsense.

One of the benefits in moving forward on the Path is moving passed them.

chadley 18-09-2006 01:52 PM

I know a few of those people, Glorymist. They would tell you that your journey has no destination. They talk themselves into oblivion until every definition is blurred. Thank goodness that the benefits in moving forward on the path are not obscure, but rather obvious and massively liberating! It is the things that hinder us on the path that are illusive.

I'm free! HALALUYA!!!

Glorymist 18-09-2006 04:43 PM

The "other" board by this same name but with a hyphen in between the words is full of people who are coming from this direction. Astounding. Every word that anyone uses is put up against its opposite as if that's some kind of explanation - - and I have to constantly remind myself - - that to one on the intellectual Path to God - - that IS an explanation.

Such as - - thing / no-thing - - thought / no-thought - - existence / no-existence - - explanation / no explanation - - observer / non-observer - - etc.

There are a couple of people who just make about every sentence like this. Astounding ! ! Whole posts are nothing but this. And they believe they have actually made a contribution.

Then they say - - to someone in the thread - - "You haven't gotten there yet ! !"

And no - - I didn't reply - - "there / no-there - - gotten / not gotten - - you / not you - - etc."

Hey - - if it works for the individual and s/he's not out blazing away with a gun in some school / McDonald's / post office somewhere - - it's just fine with me ! !

hee hee hee