Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   North American Indigenous Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   seaking a gift (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133564)

Reiki Awakening 22-01-2020 08:39 PM

seaking a gift

I have been smudging for a while and now practicing reiki and will be taking a couple other certified holistic course in my pursuit of a new life and career. I am using my had when smudging because i have been waiting to find a natural bald eagle, red hawk or golden eagle feather to use. I was wondering if anyone would have any of the above that were naturally found and would be willing to gift one to me? This would be a great honor to receive a gift of this nature for my future holistic journey. :icon_salut:

BigJohn 23-01-2020 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reiki Awakening
I have been smudging for a while and now practicing reiki and will be taking a couple other certified holistic course in my pursuit of a new life and career. I am using my had when smudging because i have been waiting to find a natural bald eagle, red hawk or golden eagle feather to use. I was wondering if anyone would have any of the above that were naturally found and would be willing to gift one to me? This would be a great honor to receive a gift of this nature for my future holistic journey. :icon_salut:

You can sometimes get Bald Eagle feathers on the reservation. Those feathers are not real: painted turkey feathers.

Where I lived once, we had a Bald Eagle living on the property. If the Eagle dropped a feather, it would be illegal to pick it up and keep it. The fine can be as high as $250,000.00. As for the other two bird feathers, they are protected also.

Reiki Awakening 26-01-2020 12:45 AM

Wow! I will look into the reservation suggestion. Never thought of that.

BigJohn 26-01-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reiki Awakening
Wow! I will look into the reservation suggestion. Never thought of that.

But remember...... the feathers of the kind you mentioned that are sold on reservations, are imitations. Non-Indians, by Federal law, can not possess such feathers.

I assume Canada may have similar laws.

Native spirit 26-01-2020 10:46 PM

What Big john says is correct it is illegal some Natives are permitted to use one for spiritual purposes.
some tried to have the desicion reversed but the Cherokee Nation were against this,

Namaste

Reiki Awakening 28-01-2020 01:15 AM

Good to know. Thank you

BigJohn 28-01-2020 01:29 AM

I notice you live in Ontario, Canada. one time, I used to spend every weekend in Ottawa.

Reiki Awakening 31-01-2020 01:03 AM

So i have looked into our Canadian laws. Each province has its own not sure if some are the same. In ontario it is legal to pick up and keep eagle feather found on the ground. You are considered the owner. You can not sell or trade the feather(s) If you find a dead eagle it must be taken to the MNR and they will determine the cause of death. They have the option of keeping the bird or issuing you a permit to own it, say you were going to mount it. If you did a mount you can donated it to an institution but can not sell or trade. Yes it is illegal to cross the canadian border with feathers. Just what i have found out after multiple phone calls and confirmations.

BigJohn 02-02-2020 03:53 AM

Sounds like you got some resolution.

Reiki Awakening 06-02-2020 01:19 AM

I found out my sister actually has some friends that are full blood native. I told them what i was doing. We had a nice chat and she said she has a few real feathers and would gift me one. So grateful. Law of attraction.