Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   North American Indigenous Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Spiritual animal according to American Indians ? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127649)

Crystalsun 25-01-2019 04:01 PM

Spiritual animal according to American Indians ?

How to know accordin to what they had believed ?

Crystal Ambassador 01-02-2019 02:56 AM

Closest I've found is "medicine cards " which liste a lot of animal symbols based on native American beliefs. The credibility of their sources is questionable, though. Other than that it just depends on what you can find from each tribe. Not all tribes have the same lore after all.

ImthatIm 08-02-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystalsun
How to know accordin to what they had believed ?

Some are passed on according to clan or totem and depends on your bloodline/family.

Some are gained through experience and lets say vision quest or ceremonial activities. Or passed with a naming ceremony.

Some are just concluded as, Hey these guys are always around, especially in strong spiritual situations.

Just a few thoughts from the opinion gallery.:duckie:

BigJohn 30-09-2019 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Some are passed on according to clan or totem and depends on your bloodline/family.

Some are gained through experience and lets say vision quest or ceremonial activities. Or passed with a naming ceremony.

Some are just concluded as, Hey these guys are always around, especially in strong spiritual situations.

Just a few thoughts from the opinion gallery.:duckie:

Sometimes...... you can find out at the sweat lodge while in an altered state.

ImthatIm 13-09-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Sometimes...... you can find out at the sweat lodge while in an altered state.

Sorry about the late response BigJohn
I just now seen this.

Yes, I agree with you.
I find it funny sometimes that when you find out
1 of a persons helpers or animal helpers you can instantly
see that characteristic has stuck out in their personality or physical trait.

Like, I had a friend who told me about how the wolf was one of his main
helpers. I looked at him and instantly seen how he looked like a wolf.
At least had characteristics of a wolf in his face.:smile:

Native spirit 13-09-2020 09:25 PM

I have to agree with that my spirit Animals are the Wolf and the Crow.i was walking along the road some years ago now and two huge dogs came running towards me Baring their teeth,then i felt My animal walking with me he was a big wolf i could even feel his fur. the two doge ran off wimpering. the owner came out and said im going to report you for having a wolf as a pet.
as soon as the dogs went so did the wolf.

Namaste

ImthatIm 14-09-2020 10:08 PM

Native spirit
Nice telling of your experience.

I wonder if crow people are similar to Raven people?
I do know some Raven people.

BigJohn 15-09-2020 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
I have to agree with that my spirit Animals are the Wolf and the Crow.i was walking along the road some years ago now and two huge dogs came running towards me Baring their teeth,then i felt My animal walking with me he was a big wolf i could even feel his fur. the two doge ran off wimpering. the owner came out and said im going to report you for having a wolf as a pet.
as soon as the dogs went so did the wolf.

Namaste

Great account.

Forest 13-08-2023 05:29 AM

Knowing Your Spirit Animal

You will know a true spirit animal, because the experience will be profound. By experience I mean in both waking life and in dreams. Perhaps you are having an unusually deep thought and a spirit animal might appear to confirm your thought or give you hope. Or perhaps a spirit animal may come to you in a profound dream. Often these dreams are more lucid than most. Perhaps your whole life you have felt drawn to specific animals...they tug at your spirit in a strong way...often in a kindred way.

Some spirit animals are lifetime guides...reminding you of who you really are and to guide you along your life to your destiny. You will see them throughout important moments in your life, before you or in dreams throughout your life. Some spirit animals may come into your life briefly, aligned with whatever life experience you are journeying through, to show you the right way along at that time.
There is no right or wrong here. Or specific rules. Each individual's path is unique to them. You will feel deeply within you what animal is calling your spirit. Be open to their signs and messages.

Redchic12 13-08-2023 10:09 AM

Aww Native I just luuuuv that story!

Thanks.