Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Philosophy & Theory (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What is more important, the truth or how you feel? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=144137)

PMPM71 15-06-2022 02:46 AM

What is more important, the truth or how you feel?

It seems to me that this is the biggest problem of today, especially in western and even more specific USA society. Feelings over truth because second is mostly unpleasant. Even if you are religious/spiritual Jesus? said "truth shall set you free" he did not say it will make you happy.

Bambo 15-06-2022 03:04 PM

The truth for sure!!!!!!!!!

FallingLeaves 16-06-2022 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMPM71
It seems to me that this is the biggest problem of today, especially in western and even more specific USA society. Feelings over truth because second is mostly unpleasant. Even if you are religious/spiritual Jesus? said "truth shall set you free" he did not say it will make you happy.

there are different things that are true... the ones that isolate you from the thoughts other people have are the hardest to see. For example, how many really care to take on the biblical injunction that none of us are good save god, no not one... mostly, each of us considers ourselves and our own ways 'good'... and only reserves the phrasing 'bad' for others we don't want to agree with... and yet, simply following what was said about us not being good over our own vanity has much potential for those who dare try it...

weareunity 05-01-2023 01:26 PM

Hello all.

The. TV channel PBS America has produced a series of programmes entitled "Hacking Your Mind". The series features informative accounts of how our minds come to form our various opinions and subsequently influence our behaviour.

Cheers. Xx

Miss Hepburn 05-01-2023 01:42 PM

Example: Someone is reclining in a chair. The truth is his knee is throbbing in pain.
He drifts off into his imagination that he is sunbathing on a fantastic beach all is perfect.
He forgets about his pain and feeeels so content.

I'd rather feel happy, than be in the reality or the truth of the situation.

FallingLeaves 06-01-2023 12:55 AM

Miss H. i so wanted to buy that! But after years of what seemed like endless fights where people used my thing as an empath against me to try to keep me from it I finally gave up and just learned to do my own thing. In my experience everyone will tout how good it is to be 'happy' but they won't ever let me actually have it sigh. But there are silver linings even in the 'harsh reality' I think.

Dude111 08-01-2023 12:31 PM

Your feelings sometimes are better....

Miss Hepburn 08-01-2023 02:46 PM

Quote:

Jesus? said "truth shall set you free" he did not say it will make you happy.

That is an astute observation, imo. :smile: Worthy of discussion. You're right he did not say that...exactly.

But
after thinking I had limitations created by my own fear, weakness, intimidations, shyness, worry, anger, indignations,
pride, laziness, caring what others think, thus, 'untruth, falsehood or lies' (opposite of truth)..was awful.

So, freedom from those things -in other words: knowing the truth - that all of that is nonsense and needless, paper chains -- is joyous!!
Being free from so much needless, self-made bondage - knowing the truth of my own power and God's love does make ME happy, anyway. :hug3:

So, truth=freedom=happiness - for me.

charly233 09-01-2023 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
So, truth=freedom=happiness - for me.

Yes I agree with this.

Siren 31-01-2023 02:24 AM

Quote:

Whose truth? Yours? Mine? Theirs...? Truth is relative to perspective. And truth - like feelings - changes. For example, I used to love my ex-husband when we were married. Now I don't and we're not.