Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Why are there people who spend their lives dominating, and never fail/question (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=139160)

pixiedust 16-02-2021 01:52 AM

Why are there people who spend their lives dominating, and never fail/question

I'm thinking of the Murdochs. They are billionaires and have spent entire lives controlling the world system. This forum talks about God, but where and what is God for people like this? Maybe spirituality is only relevant for people who don't win in life, and for people who are winners, it's irrelevant.

(Devil's advocate question)

FallingLeaves 16-02-2021 03:25 AM

well god put snakes in my back yard when I was a child. Haven't thought of that in years. For that matter I guess I haven't thought much about billionaires manipulating the populace either lately. Used to be up in arms about people manipulating us I guess, but at some point it became obvious that God is seriously into helping us out.

and if I'm going to insist on being paranoid, any more I'd rather it be more personal than that anyway :hug2:

FallingLeaves 16-02-2021 03:41 AM

but to actually answer the question that was asked,

same god as everyone else. Even though they might not buy into the notion. Contrary to popular opinion just saying something is so doesn't make it so.

god says he put wicked people in high places, not to be mean to us, but for our benefit. But what he calls 'for our benefit' we are likely to contrarily say is just mean. Something about the wisdom of men seeming foolish to god. And vice versa.

it is their loss they always have to succeed and always have to win. There are a myriad of benefits to alternate ways of life... although I know the equation 'rich = good' is hard to ditch. Even for me and I should probably know better by now lol.

But the bible doesn't paint a rosy picture of what their end must be like either. Their servants get a much better deal than they do at the end of time.

But honestly I don't know how much of the bible applies. An alternate storyline did come up at one point.. but hard to tell what is what sometimes... and I get so tired of all the different story lines I have to hear about anyway, sometimes wish I could just be left alone.

inavalan 16-02-2021 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixiedust
I'm thinking of the Murdochs. They are billionaires and have spent entire lives controlling the world system. This forum talks about God, but where and what is God for people like this? Maybe spirituality is only relevant for people who don't win in life, and for people who are winners, it's irrelevant.

Obviously your observations brought in you some negative emotions: anger, frustration, ....(?)

Now the question is: what are you doing about it? Staying angry is detrimental to your well-being.

Dargor 16-02-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
Obviously your observations brought in you some negative emotions: anger, frustration, ....(?)

Now the question is: what are you doing about it? Staying angry is detrimental to your well-being.

Anger is more useful than despair.

Miss Hepburn 16-02-2021 12:42 PM

I thought it was clear those people are diagnoesable narcissists.

HITESH SHAH 16-02-2021 02:02 PM

God

Quote:

This forum talks about God, but where and what is God for people like this? Maybe spirituality is only relevant for people who don't win in life, and for people who are winners, it's irrelevant.

God is not into proving His might/justice /love to everyone and anyone . He and His systems are complex and not everybody can understand .

People may or may not believe in God . Beliefs though very important is not everything in life . Though it is difficult for rich to be spiritual, its not entirely impossible and there are quite a few philanthropic rich people world around .

Spirituality is still relevant for most people including rich people whether they believe in it or not. It has enough power and rigor to guide / restrict/ control anybody at any level at any time in any situation .

asearcher 16-02-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

You measure inner happiness in money? People who are rich, people who are positioned in power can still be spiritual and still be miserable. Winning in life does not have to mean luxury

lemex 16-02-2021 05:17 PM

Quote:

This could also be seen in the eyes of attachment. Spirituality is about letting go rich or not. We create our own reality.

Altair 16-02-2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

We can't talk about public figures. I'll just focus on billionaires. I'm sure there are those that do good things and improve society and help increase GDP which in turn helps others. I don't believe ''God'' cares about it and I don't even believe this ''God'' exists, aka some big person that would be concerned with these questions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy7N...l=RealLifeLore
If that's the known Universe, then ''God'' would be even less concerned about it all, I would guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asearcher
You measure inner happiness in money? People who are rich, people who are positioned in power can still be spiritual and still be miserable. Winning in life does not have to mean luxury

It is for most. Luxury is a matter of perspective. Some of the things you need will be viewed as luxury by others, but you can do more things in life when you have an income than when you don't. We can't all live like monks. If more people didn't care about prosperity and development then there would also be more poverty. If we all had the attitudes of monks then who would make improvements in science and medicine?