Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Are there any spiritual consequences of suicide? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133704)

PureEvil760 18-11-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunoschut
If there are any, what are the reasons? I think that there is none, but seeing the grief of our loved ones could be pretty heavy on emotions.

I've heard there are but I don't remember the source. Personally I don't believe there are but it's still just not a good idea because you'll have to come back again and be given the same tests that made you do it in the first place.

asearcher 18-11-2021 05:05 PM

I agree with pureEvil760, one has to do it all over again. Suicide is not the answer, getting help is, to then help yourself.

JoeColo 25-11-2021 09:10 AM

1) What about the pain you've caused your loved ones?
2) What if others follow your example?
3) What if you find out that wonderful things were about to happen to you that you cut short?
4) What if you "almost succeed" at killing yourself, as in wind up as a vegetable, or in a nursing home? (I saw an attractive young woman in a nursing home with elderly Alzheimer's patients, who shot herself, but survived, with severe head injury.)

JoeColo:icon_sad:

django 25-11-2021 10:14 AM

I also think like a few previous posters that you will reincarnate with the same problems, and maybe an urge to again run away from those problems, so in the end you’re just making it harder on yourself.

I’ve heard that in a life review at the time of death you see your life and how it affects other people, imagine seeing the hurt you’ve caused others when your own depression is taken out of the picture and you can see clearly.

Life is precious, I think we’re here to fulfill our spiritual potential, to cut life short deliberately is wrong in just so many ways.

Native spirit 25-11-2021 11:01 AM

If you die by your own hand (suicide) it does not mean you have to come back and do it again,
people take their own lives for a variety of reasons,
anyone who passes over through illness etc or suicide go into a hospital of sorts in the spirit world so it can heal.
it does not mean you have to come back and do it over again.

Namaste

jimmymc25 26-11-2021 06:44 AM

That's good to know Native Spirit.

I've always heard it was totally against God's will & it was either being sent back here or some dark plane on the other side.
And being raised Catholic I was taught the old straight to Hell thing.

Greenslade 26-11-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeColo
1) What about the pain you've caused your loved ones?

What if all the things on your list were Life's Purpose/Karmic Obligations that were agreed on before we come here?

django 26-11-2021 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
If you die by your own hand (suicide) it does not mean you have to come back and do it again,
people take their own lives for a variety of reasons,
anyone who passes over through illness etc or suicide go into a hospital of sorts in the spirit world so it can heal.
it does not mean you have to come back and do it over again.

I can either believe in karma or your concept, I’m going with karma.

Greenslade 12-12-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by django
I can either believe in karma or your concept, I’m going with karma.

Karma isn't much more than reward/punishment mentality and frankly it's really not very 'Spiritual' either. If you want an understanding check out kamma-vipaka. And Native's 'concept' isn't a concept, it's mediumship and therefore from Spirit.

iamthat 12-12-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
Karma isn't much more than reward/punishment mentality and frankly it's really not very 'Spiritual' either.

This may apply to karma on an individual level, and it is how many people understand karma.

On a broader level, karma relates to universal balance and harmony. Which is why astrologically the sign governing karma is Libra with the scales of balance.

Peace