Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   I love the Rider Waite Tarot (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148210)

chongjasmine 01-02-2024 09:46 AM

I love the Rider Waite Tarot

I love the classic rider waite tarot deck. I find the design of the cards to be rather cool.

Traveler 02-02-2024 09:27 PM

I own the Rider Waite deck as well and the Morgan Greer deck and it's based on the classic rider waite deck. The illustrations are true to the RW deck but fuller and more vivid somehow.

You can take a peek at the deck on Tarot.com. Just search for Morgan-Greer.

Starman 03-02-2024 02:42 PM

The Rider-Waite Deck is the most used Tarot deck in the world, and as such it is given a lot of psychic energy by people concentrating on it. It is one of the easiest decks to learn, and was the first deck which I owned when I first began studying the Tarot many decades ago.

I used to read tarot cards for myself and then throw out Rune stones, asking the same question, and was amazed how the Rune stones would give me the same answer, in a different way, as the Tarot. But I took it much further than reading the cards; I learned how the cards relate to our consciousness; which to me was fascinating. The Rider-Waite deck was excellent for this further learning.

Miss Hepburn 03-02-2024 03:54 PM

I just ordered my first deck. :)

Starman 03-02-2024 04:12 PM

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=138477

Miss Hepburn, maybe a thread might be started here for beginning tarot practice. There are a lot of people here on this forum who have a lot of experience with tarot and others who are just beginning. I might be interested in facilitating a course on tarot if others were interested.. I attempted to do this in the past here but there was little interest.

Hemera 03-02-2024 05:06 PM

This is the one I use. I love the imagery - there's so much to draw on.

Miss Hepburn 03-02-2024 06:28 PM

Starman! Great idea!...''Tarot lessons for beginners!!''
Perhaps ''Qabbalistic'' was the issue?
I know as a beginner I was not interested - too advanced.
AND offer others like Hemera to join in to offer even more insights?....take it slowly with the basics?
That could get complicated everyone jumping in, I know.
But you could figure it out! I have faith in you. :smile:

Hemera 03-02-2024 07:12 PM

I would be interested but energy is of the essence right now. I would struggle to contribute much,
but I will absolutely have a look in if there is a tarot course or lesson going.

Miss Hepburn 05-02-2024 05:53 PM

Impressive cards and only $10 USD !

Wow, I had NO idea how much significance is IN the paintings of the Cards!
My first ever reading after shuffling was Spot On.
I thought Tarot would be too complicated for me -Nope.

It really gets you in the subconscious issues....Wow...things that you really know already -but it was like a therapist saying a couple sentences that
hit the right point exactly, helping you or
encouraging you to do what you know you should or have been doing correctly, so continue.

FairyCrystal 05-02-2024 07:16 PM

I'm gathering RWS deck is what you mean or not?
I bought that as the woman who gave the Tarot lessons I was going to do wanted everyone to have that deck.
I don't resonate with it. So many cards are yellow, which doesn't make sense.
The queens look seriously P O, even Queen of Cups!!?
King of Cups looks like a granny, not masculine.
I simply don't resonate with the artwork.

I learnt to read with it, but when I found out there are tons of other Tarot decks I went looking for another that did resonate with me. I got the Robin Wood deck in and LOVED it!!
Gorgeous artwork and colours, the Queen of Cups actually looks like a warm caring woman, and so on.
It's RW based, and in that sense considered suited for beginners.
I've read with it for years on end!

So I have a RWS deck, but it's not being used.