Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Is poverty, old age and illness a form of death? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137392)

Honza 28-09-2020 09:56 AM

Is poverty, old age and illness a form of death?

Death keeps cropping up in my life. Have people understood death? Probably not. Is it really just a transition? What about poverty and old age? What about illness? What about evil? etc.

Death will claim all of us eventually. In the physical sense and hopefully not in the spiritual sense. My question is how can we overcome or live through death? Christ claimed to have conquered death. Is Christ the answer to living forever or will we all do that anyway? Will some of us die in the spiritual sense? Or is our spiritual immortality strong enough to survive spiritual death?

Death is not only physical. It can exist in spirit too. Do those who do not seek shelter in Christ die in the spiritual sense?

sky 28-09-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Death keeps cropping up in my life. Have people understood death? Probably not. Is it really just a transition? What about poverty and old age? What about illness? What about evil? etc.

Death will claim all of us eventually. In the physical sense and hopefully not in the spiritual sense. My question is how can we overcome or live through death? Christ claimed to have conquered death. Is Christ the answer to living forever or will we all do that anyway? Will some of us die in the spiritual sense? Or is our spiritual immortality strong enough to survive spiritual death?

Death is not only physical. It can exist in spirit too. Do those who do not seek shelter in Christ die in the spiritual sense?

Poverty, old age and sickness is part of life not death...

What has Christ got to do with Spiritual Death ?

How do you personally know that death exists in Spirit ?

davidmartin 28-09-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Christ doesn't condemn people to death he free's them from the illusion of it

sky 28-09-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmartin
Christ doesn't condemn people to death he free's them from the illusion of it

Yes.....:smile:

ImthatIm 28-09-2020 01:55 PM

Can you still live in the Grace of God, when elderly and poor
and ill?
Can you see the bigger picture of Love that carries on
past death of the body?
I believe this Grace and Love and faith and hope fills the spirit
with a confidence that poverty and illness and old age can not strip away.
When the eye is single the whole body is filled with light.
Focus the eye on the Love of God and poverty is just a perception
and illness and old age is only a corruption of the physical.
Fix your gaze on heavenly things and put off corruption.
Do not play the old game of the ministry of death written
on stones. Step into the New filled with Light from above.
Feel the unction!
** :icon_sunny:**
^^^^^^^

Honza 28-09-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Can you still live in the Grace of God, when elderly and poor
and ill?
Can you see the bigger picture of Love that carries on
past death of the body?
I believe this Grace and Love and faith and hope fills the spirit
with a confidence that poverty and illness and old age can not strip away.
When the eye is single the whole body is filled with light.
Focus the eye on the Love of God and poverty is just a perception
and illness and old age is only a corruption of the physical.
Fix your gaze on heavenly things and put off corruption.
Do not play the old game of the ministry of death written
on stones. Step into the New filled with Light from above.
Feel the unction!
** :icon_sunny:**
^^^^^^^

And almost nobody can do that. Only the saints.

sky 28-09-2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Who said only the Saints ?

Molearner 28-09-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Honza,

The half empty glass can be viewed as half full if one views poverty, old age and illness as a form of release.

ImthatIm 28-09-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

It is like a goal line in a football game.
But I want to run the ball from where I have it toward that direction.
Do I fumble and loose yards at times? Sure.
Do I make bad plays? Most definitely.

But I do understand which goal line I am headed towards.
The game clock is running down, so I dust off and put it behind me
and play on, toward the goal with the whole team.

There is a military perspective, I will share. ("Embrace the suck, it doesn't suck forever.")

In Indian country we say. ("Brave up and Pray hard.")

Paul in the Bible writes on these vary topics.(Poverty, illness and old age.)

Healing our Heart, mind and body with
The Love of Christ thru the Holy Spirit that leads to the
Fathers Love is always our goal post. Or they call it becoming a new Man in Christ.
A new heart and a new mind
and understanding we are a Spirit body and we put our
death body under our command and discipline.

At least that is how I read the Word. Many may disagree.:smile:

BigJohn 28-09-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

POVERTY is relative. Some of the poorest people today have a higher standard of living then most people did in the distant past.

OLD AGE: When we are born; you can look at it that we have already 'aged'.

ILLNESS: Life comes with illnesses. Some we can overcome and others overcome us.