Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   ESP & Telepathy (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Occult Powers, Siddhis, Superhuman Abilities (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142033)

Rokazulu 16-11-2021 02:51 AM

Occult Powers, Siddhis, Superhuman Abilities

I am interested in learning more about these. Let me know if you have any information regarding the cultivation of them.

I know, that people will highlight the pitfalls (or unreality) of such goals, but please allow yourself to understand that there is nothing wrong with anything that empowers our humanity. I wrote a short article to balance out the other side of this story.

Of course, some occult powers seem relatively easy to obtain. Telepathy, Visions of Higher Beings, Astral Projection, Clairvoyance, and so on.

Even now, we can see more advanced abilities such as people who display feats of immunity to the elements, living on little to no food/water, or telekinesis.

However, I am interested in the ones that probably will never be recorded because of some mysterious free will rule, such as:Teleportation, Levitation, Manifesting Objects or Shapeshifting of any kind. While the other powers have multiple and definite techniques, videos, guides and information to absorb. I have not seen anything of significance on these specific siddhis.

If you also have some good books/videos to view that focus on the topic some, I would greatly desire to know about that too. I understand these are very lofty ideals, but I find it is a more enjoyable use of my time than simply scrolling on social media or something.

lostsoul13 19-12-2021 08:48 PM

I’ve had a lot of jumping experiences - from the USA,turkey, hungry, ile of white to France.. all back to the uk - … all while on holiday.. it was inside of a insert - I’ve jumped (like teleportation—- a few times in small inserts ( mundane thing) my overall jumping happens on holidays when returning… I’ve never jumped back and always end up around my home place- or actually home!!?

I’m looking for more examples- within reincarnation (it happens also) while I’m dying in human body my atom isn’t—- it would take my atom being exposed to kill that—- that hasn’t happened yet- even though I’ve been exposed…

Legrand 19-12-2021 11:44 PM

I would say that simply living is the most powerful siddhi ever encountered.

Each breath is just a miracle

pixiedust 20-12-2021 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legrand
I would say that simply living is the most powerful siddhi ever encountered.

Each breath is just a miracle

Right now I'm sick and it doesn't feel that way, but you're right, I think if life was taken away, I'd realize how precious it is to have this chance.

BigJohn 20-12-2021 02:55 AM

Siddhi is a controversial topic.

It seems most people are afraid of the 'unknown' and would like to see it stay that way.

Having said that, I see nothing wrong with Siddhis. As for books on the subject: I never really seen any worth their salt.

Still_Waters 20-12-2021 09:14 PM

QUOTE 1 EXCERPT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokazulu
However, I am interested in the ones that probably will never be recorded because of some mysterious free will rule, such as:Teleportation, Levitation, Manifesting Objects or Shapeshifting of any kind.

You might want to read and MEDITATE ON Pantanjali's Yoga Sutras. The Sutras identify a number of sutras but NOT with the intention of showing practitioners how to acquire them. The siddhis are mentioned because they will manifest quite naturally during meditation and one is warned not to get distracted by them.

In the depths of meditation, one understands.

Having met some extraordinary beings, I have had the opportunity to personally see such things as teleportation (bilocation), manifesting objects, changing physical appearance, and so on. However, although this once interested me, I was not drawn to those who demonstrated such things ostentatiously. You will see.:smile:

Miss Hepburn 21-12-2021 01:44 AM

This group might like the book ''Super Beings'' by John Randolph Price
- a prolific New Thought author like many others. Ha, one of his is,
''It's Not Too Good to Be True''.
In 'Super Beings' he explains many things --mostly that we are destined to become super beings...and many of us already are on our way.

Sorry you're sick, pixiedust...hope you feel better soon!

Still_Waters 21-12-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
In 'Super Beings' he explains many things --mostly that we are destined to become super beings...and many of us already are on our way.

That sounds interesting but it also sounds a tad like the "prosperity" evangelicals. :wink:

https://www.amazon.com/Superbeings-S...rmat=4&depth=1

ImthatIm 24-12-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokazulu
I am interested in learning more about these. Let me know if you have any information regarding the cultivation of them.

It is most natural to cultivate such states,BUT there are levels and tests that have to be mastered.
So strap in for the time of your Life if you proceed to cultivate.
I fail many tests but I am not trying to cultivate anything other than Divine Love itself.
Life leads you to where you need to be.:smile:

Also I should state the above is only my opinion based on my own limited experience.

EDIT: It dawned on me that you may benefit from ACIM (A Course In Miracles)

Rokazulu 10-03-2022 12:15 AM

Yes, yes, good replies.

I come to realize that it will be highly improbable for me to expand to these abilities without taking a trip to the Himalayas where it is known that many practice such feats.

For now, I have begun tuning into self-created synchronicity and intuitive/telempathic abilities as a way of using my time more wisely. Though, of course God realization always appears to be the most needed focus.

Quote:

Pantanjali's Yoga Sutras.

I found a copy of this.

Quote:

This group might like the book ''Super Beings'' by John Randolph Price

At some point, I will likely look into it.

Quote:

EDIT: It dawned on me that you may benefit from ACIM (A Course In Miracles)

That book was quite a journey for me