Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Reiki (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   self reiki while watching tv - bad idea ? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142305)

water drop 15-12-2021 12:55 AM

self reiki while watching tv - bad idea ?

self reiki while watching tv - is it a bad idea ? a good idea ?

i assume the reiki will be less effective ? and also that it might cause harm when doing reiki with all the emotions and thoughts and distraction etc ?

Guillaume 15-12-2021 08:05 AM

Well if you do reiki, you do reiki, try doing things in the Now, concentrate your efforts in what you do.

BigJohn 15-12-2021 02:32 PM

In a group sitting, you generally gain more confidence. You might not get that from the TV. You can learn Reiki on your own. The main factor I see in doing this is if you really believe you can do this.

Personally, I believe you can and you can even do 'more'. Up to you.

Blessings.

water drop 15-12-2021 03:17 PM

bigjohn i already did a reiki course (master level) , im asking about the difference between giving reiki alone on self VS giving reiki while watching TV

Guillaume i assume reiki is better if im focused and doing only that the question - but what about if doing it in front of the TV while watching something as bonus extra reiki time ... is that a good idea ?

BigJohn 15-12-2021 06:24 PM

I miss-read your initial point. Sorry.

Giving Reiki while watching TV surely is beneficial as far as I am concerned. It is a lot better then doing nothing. Giving Reiki alone probably would be a lot better. But then are we just a conduit when doing Reiki?

Traveler 15-12-2021 10:28 PM

I've known people who do this. For me, I need to focus on it. I don't feel it as intensely if I'm doing it while I'm paying attention to something else.

WildHairedWoman 24-01-2022 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by water drop
self reiki while watching tv - is it a bad idea ? a good idea ?

i assume the reiki will be less effective ? and also that it might cause harm when doing reiki with all the emotions and thoughts and distraction etc ?

Why do you think that? Do you think you are the one creating the Reiki or do you understand it is just that you are plugging in to universal energy?

WildHairedWoman 07-07-2022 05:49 PM

I have been away too long, forget what I have read and resonded to and what is new. I hope you are doing well water drop.

innerlight 20-12-2022 02:38 AM

Reiki won't be less effective if you are watching TV. Just like you can do self-healing on yourself while you are driving. The only time you may struggle is if you are not a clear channel in that moment for whatever reason, if you're in your mind too much and getting in the way.

That said, sending Reiki when you are not watching TV can be a good way to connect better to your body, and your intuition to guide yourself with the healing.

crystaladdict99 12-08-2023 07:15 AM

You can do reiki while watching TV and everything else.