Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Dreams (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dreamt I was murdered (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=145439)

Sarian 30-11-2022 05:32 PM

Dreamt I was murdered

Been having lots of dreams lately, but most I can't recall much of, last night, however, I do recall this one:

I was walking up a road in a neighborhood I grew up in with a friend. Coming down the road was an old classmate looking disheveled and carrying a sack and rope and something in his hand (knife?) I knew at the moment I saw him, he was going to kill me. I remember trying to shield my friend and knowing I had just been murdered. I saw myself laying on the road. But then the dream shifts to me telling others how I was murdered and did not feel a thing, was as though in an instant I left my body. The people I was speaking to were all alive, which was weird and had lots of people in my dream I've not seen in awhile.

Any thoughts to the meaning of this dream? Thank you.

Yaoughta 01-12-2022 04:07 AM

Death usually indicates change and transformation and in any dream where the setting is your childhood home or neighborhood, the dream has something to do with that time frame. It could be where you learned a behavior or a character trait or first experienced something that you're currently feeling or experiencing. In this case, I would say that you felt forced or pressured to change and transform and this can feel like a loss, like your mourning a part of yourself, but that is all just perspective.

Sarian 01-12-2022 12:41 PM

Thank you, Yaoughta, in my dream, while I saw the man coming towards me, I knew I would be killed, but even while shielding my friend, I felt no fear for myself, nor did I feel pain from my death, or remembrance of him killing me, just transitioned quickly and 'went on with my life' even though I was dead and wanted to share it with others, my experience of death/transitioning and how it wasn't what I expected. Thank you for your insight!

Miss Hepburn 01-12-2022 03:06 PM

Sarian? WOW! welcome back!!!
:wav:

Guff779 01-12-2022 03:40 PM

I agree, death usually means transformation, endings, something changing.

AngelBlue 01-12-2022 03:50 PM

...Very very strong and positive dream. As the other members have expressed, death of a chapter of your life for a new one to begin...
And SO powerful a message in that you were telling people how painless an experience it was, the transition of "old" and "new"..
I'm almost tempted to suggest in real life you know there will be change but you fear everything involved in all of that . But in the end you will wonder why you worried so much !!
( Bit like going to the dentist !!)...
And you have a lot of support around you from family and friends, that much is clear according to the dream.
In real life you may feel you do not have that support, but you do , and in abundance ....

( That's just my take but not an expert !..)...

Lynn 02-12-2022 02:53 PM

Hello

I would look at what chapter in your life you need to work on and to close the door on. What lesson can you take from something that did not maybe work out as planned that you always seem to look back on with that "what if" train of thought on.

Many times when we dream of death or dying there is some part of us that needs to be let go or or put in its place so that we do have that transformation time come to us.

Friends come and go in life's path as does family so we have to remember to keep them in balance and at times clear away those that do not help us along our path.

Lynn

Sarian 03-12-2022 02:39 PM

Hey Miss Hepburn! How are you? Think of you often.

Sarian 03-12-2022 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guff779
I agree, death usually means transformation, endings, something changing.

Yes, and I've had some endings and changes and some were long and drawn out it seems but I felt the growing pains too. Thank you for responding!

Sarian 03-12-2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBlue
...Very very strong and positive dream. As the other members have expressed, death of a chapter of your life for a new one to begin...
And SO powerful a message in that you were telling people how painless an experience it was, the transition of "old" and "new"..
I'm almost tempted to suggest in real life you know there will be change but you fear everything involved in all of that . But in the end you will wonder why you worried so much !!
( Bit like going to the dentist !!)...
And you have a lot of support around you from family and friends, that much is clear according to the dream.
In real life you may feel you do not have that support, but you do , and in abundance ....

( That's just my take but not an expert !..)...

Thank you, Angel Blue, it was a very pronounced strong dream and I felt to take it in a positive way, hoping it was anyways. I've been having a LOT of dreams lately but can only remember bits or I get quick flashes of parts of a dream, but as quickly as they come they go.

One part of my life I had a day come when it seemed like that final let go finally came and it stung for a moment and then it was as if new life and epiphanies rushed in. i felt a strength and desire growing within. The dream came many weeks later. I had a dream two nights ago that left me a bit bewildered though. My parents who are deceased came to me with a new house. i didn't want a new house but there it was. My bedroom was all white and my bed was all white. It was a beautiful room but I didn't feel like it was my room. I checked out the rest of the house, dad showed me a room, that had a big TV in it and it came on. I went to turn it off but it wouldn't turn off, there was something sinister about it and I went to unplug it and inadvertently tipped it over. It was a massive thing not like new flat screens out. I walked out of there, saw my youngest son in his room, went back to my room and was looking at the walls and realized they were all covered with white flowers and leaves very odd but beautiful. My daughter came to me and I was sifting throw a box with random coins but then next thing I knew the room was being flooded with people and I was feeling overwhelmed and confused, my daughter was trying to calm me down. Probably just a random dream but I woke up feeling unsure about the dream. Wondered if my room was a coffin lol.

Thank you for your thoughts and interpretation!