Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   What are some reasons some do not think Jesus died for our sins, exactly? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140392)

sky 07-06-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
many people who have devoted their lives to teaching and being about love have been killed

Yes I know from my Ancestor John who would have done more good alive than dead, pointless barbaric actions.

Molearner 07-06-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Yes I did read your Personal ideas :smile:

Sky123,

50 years more or less ?……:)

sky 07-06-2021 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky123, 50 years more or less ?……:)

You choose :biggrin:

Molearner 07-06-2021 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
"What are some reasons some do not think Jesus died for our sins, exactly?"
If we claim Jesus did not die for our sins, it opens the door to question other beliefs.
The question also raises the question "Did Jesus even exist"? An area many do want to transverse.

BigJohn,
If one does not believe that Jesus existed then he must consider the possibility of this being a myth. In that case we must abandon logic , proof and rationality in order to interpret the myth. It demands a totally different approach.

Molearner 07-06-2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

You choose :biggrin:

Sky123,
Vague answer ergo vague reasoning ? I make no choice because I accept that we must respond to the circumstances…….:)

AbodhiSky 07-06-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Yes I know from my Ancestor John who would have done more good alive than dead, pointless barbaric actions.

i've never understood dyin for one's beliefs. and it's not even that you lose your beliefs, you just tell them what they wanna hear. no idea what the big deal is. ego i guess. some king asks me to sware allegiance or be killed i'd sware allegiance and go about my life doin the same stuff i always do! but yea i can't go into some church so i'll sit under a tree makes no difference to me. god is everywhere

Miss Hepburn 07-06-2021 09:48 PM

Let's not go off on the idea IF he existed, pls, ok!
Whole other topic!!!

AbodhiSky 07-06-2021 09:59 PM

Quote:

He would have been of more value to Mankind alive to show us the way what would be the point of His premature death...

well that may be wrong. if jesus had not been killed history would have been completely different. it's very possible Christianity may not exist in that time line. imagine if the romans said, yea teach whatever you want we don't care and the jews as well. we might have never heard of jesus. one reason the gospels were written was because of the dramatic death of a popular guru. if he had not died, the motivation to write about him would not have been there and jesus himself had no interest in writing down stuff or in starting a religion.

imagine if jesus lived to 85.... peter would be like, "hey lets start a religion" and jesus would say, "nah don't worry bout that stuff just love love love!"

AbodhiSky 07-06-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Let's not go off on the idea IF he existed, pls, ok!
Whole other topic!!!

it's such a complicated subject the "jesus died for our sins" idea and not only complicated just here. there has been huge philosophic debate on that topic for centuries within Christianity. about what it all means

i see it very simply. jesus did not die of natural causes. humans killed him. to kill is a sin. so jesus died for our sins. because of our sins.

Miss Hepburn 07-06-2021 11:06 PM

Now, I suppose this could spin off into ...Can another pay for another's sins with his life?
"Pay."
Who is he paying? God? The Supreme Spirit of all Creation?
Why would God want someone's death --especially a brutal death?
Why would He want a dead goat?
Why would a volcano stop by throwing a virgin in?
These question are all the same to me.
(And basically rhetorical.)